Dress bluejeans in Blu....?

Qstrom

My wife and I are new Celebrity cruisers on the Infinity for it's Oct. 01 California coastal .....can I wear dress jeans in Blu for dinner...?? Thanks for the help......

Are you on the roll call? We're sailing 10/1

You can wear jeans...most don't but no longer a "no no"..... khakis and polo seem fairly standard. Same goes for chic night in BLU..but most will dress up a bit...we will dress up but not formally,.

Pretty much anything goes other than shorts, sleeveles tees, and flip flops these days...Do not know if Ca cruising is more casual than in the Carib...but we do our own thing,.

Are you on the roll call? We're sailing 10/1

You can wear jeans...most don't but no longer a "no no"..... khakis and polo seem fairly standard. Same goes for chic night in BLU..but most will dress up a bit...we will dress up but not formally,.

Pretty much anything goes other than shorts, sleeveles tees, and flip flops these days...Do not know if Ca cruising is more casual than in the Carib...but we do our own thing,.

I wear jeans with polo or shirt every evening while dining in Blu, Luminae or dining with officers. Wear what you like within the Celebrity dress code guidelines.

We live locally in Long Beach so we sail out of here as often as we can, not involving an airport is a very good thing, but our choices are quite limited here on the "left" coast. Not on your roll call, but looking forward to meeting people and having a ball. We're trying aqua class as well, and new Celebrity cruisers, so I may come up with some more questions. :D

We live locally in Long Beach so we sail out of here as often as we can, not involving an airport is a very good thing, but our choices are quite limited here on the "left" coast. Not on your roll call, but looking forward to meeting people and having a ball. We're trying aqua class as well, and new Celebrity cruisers, so I may come up with some more questions. :D

If you have any doubts, just bring a blazer that goes with jeans. Last January we cruised 12 night in Asia. I thought that I could have worn a blazer on Evening Chic nights dining in Luminae. So I bought a blazer for our last May cruise from Hawaii. I did not need the blazer. We are cruising the Caribbean in Nov dining in Blu. I will not be bring on blazer.

My wife and I are new Celebrity cruisers on the Infinity for it's Oct. 01 California coastal .....can I wear dress jeans in Blu for dinner...?? Thanks for the help......

The dress code only applies to the MDR, it doesn't apply in Blu. They don't have to be dressy jeans either, I wore Kirkland jeans in Blu in Alaska.

Bib overalls, flannel shirt and red hanky hanging out of the back pocket. Top if off with a straw hat, and don't forget some footwear.

No shorts, 😱 or sleeveless shirts are permitted. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We don't wear jeans in the evening in Blu or in Luminae.

We don't even take jeans on a tropical cruise, they are casual and more importantly, they are hot and heavy.

We try to pack light and also pack clothes that are comfortable and cool. Can't beat a pair of khakis and a tropical travel blazer. My husband has one from Travelsmith and it is ventilated and does not wrinkle.

The air conditioning is lacking in many areas especially for men.

We don't wear jeans in the evening in Blu or in Luminae.

We don't even take jeans on a tropical cruise, they are casual and more importantly, they are hot and heavy.

We try to pack light and also pack clothes that are comfortable and cool. Can't beat a pair of khakis and a tropical travel blazer. My husband has one from Travelsmith and it is ventilated and does not wrinkle.

The air conditioning is lacking in many areas especially for men.

And that answers the OP's question how?

And that answers the OP's question how?

:D I'm confused by that response. What people wear at Blu is pretty random and nobody really worries what anyone else is wearing there. Most in there have some sort of drink package and the wine is usually flowing. :cool: That's part of what makes it a great experience.

:D I'm confused by that response. What people wear at Blu is pretty random and nobody really worries what anyone else is wearing there. Most in there have some sort of drink package and the wine is usually flowing. :cool: That's part of what makes it a great experience.

Honestly, the OP asked whether jeans were allowed, not whether other people had different preferences. I think that's the point of Cruise Junky's post. Jeans are fine. I don't often take them on a Caribbean cruise either, but they're fine.

Did anyone read that the OP is going on a Pacific Coastal Cruise? The tropics/Caribbean do not apply here ;)

OP: Yes, DH wears dressy jeans ( & yes, there are dressy jeans :D) with a blazer/sport coat ( the sport coat is not necessary, but to me that's what finishes the outfit.

You're from Long Beach, so you're well aware that our weather here in no way, shape or form resembles the heat & humidity of the Caribbean. Enjoy.

You bet, and you will probably see me in there wearing them! ;)

We wear what we want....the dress code issue on X was settled a few years ago...so no need to argue. Folks answered OP and gave their assessment of what they do and have observed.

Still find Celeb passengers dress fairly nice compared to what we observed on another cruise line...

We will dress up on one chic night ..hoping to get a nice Anniversay photo.....

Agreed. IMO the word dress and blue jeans should not appear in the same sentence. I guess the question is whether you would wear jeans to a nice semi formal restaurant at home. I wouldn't but we all differ.

Perhaps it is different in Ireland, but in large US cities it is extremely common for people to wear dressy jeans to upscale restaurants and nice events (both for men and women). Nice jeans with the proper accessories can look very attractive and appropriate for all but the most upscale of dining (and when done right look much better than the khaki Docker style pants so many cruisers wear). Jeans have been permitted on Celebrity for years now and are not at all uncommon. My wife and I wear them frequently while cruising. Celebrity even lists jeans as one of the recommended items to wear - not just on normal nights, but on chic nights:

Q. What is the onboard dress code?

A. Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.