Hotels you've used in Lisbon

rphpcf

We will be taking a cruise leaving from Lisbon and we'd like to find a hotel in the central shopping and dining area near the ocean. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton the last time we were there and that hotel is at least 1 mile from the central area and at the top of a big hill. My husband does not walk well on hilly areas so we'd prefer to book a hotel on the flat area near the sea.

We'll be taking an Azamara cruise and we'd like to know what hotel they've used in the past. They usually use big commercial hotels often far from central, and we'd rather be in a central hotel. Size of hotel does not matter.

Thanks for your help

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another vote for The Sofitel here. It's a good quality hotel in an area with lots of bars and restaurants nearby and easy to get to and from. The Avenida Palace is another well located hotel.

There was a thread on the board quite recently with lots of Lisbon hotel suggestions so maybe a search of "Lisbon Hotel" would be helpful to you.

https://www.pousadas.pt/pt/hotel/pousada-lisboa?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3MPNBRDj0Yztg4LGvOcBEiQA5hTrHyK70Zr2h8i_dgVkRODJwiC82mZOCxOwOYCpBRTVfp4aAgYr8P8HAQ

If you want a unique stay. Pousada (Palace) de Lisboa. You would be staying in a former palace. What a nice way to start your Azamara Cruise!

we had a delightful stay at this Pousada. Excellent breakfast, great location, nice bar for a gin and tonic, comfortable beds, helpful concierge for restaurant reservations. I will stay there again the next time I am in Lisbon.