Islands hit by Irma

Bootstrap77

Hello

I've tried to gather this information through news sources, online sites and social media but am not getting a clear idea of the damage to these islands.

Does anyone know if these islands are in good shape after hurricane Irma:

1. St. Lucia

2. Grenada

3. Barbados

4. Dominica

5. St. Kitts

Most resources show the path Irma took through the Caribbean farther north than where these islands lie.

Damage to St. Kitts, the northern most of those listed by you has been described as 'relatively unscathed' by Irma.

Others on your list have been reported on as having received Cruises as alternative ports to those damaged by Irma.

Of course, Maria and Lee are brewing in the Atlantic, both potentially impacting this region again.

What is true now may not be in the future.

Let's hope these storms turn north quickly, these island have suffered enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, Maria and Lee are brewing in the Atlantic, both potentially impacting this region again.

:loudcry: Yeah, be careful if you are looking toward those islands. Maria seems to be the worst of the two .... today anyway.:(

Dominica and especially Grenada are well south of Irma's path and it's doubtful Irma had any affect at all on them. Barbados and St. Lucia, while not as far south, I believe were outside Irma's strike zone. St. Kitts is receiving cruise ships at it's port, so you're good there. Unless of course, some other hurricane takes aim at them.

Dominica and especially Grenada are well south of Irma's path and it's doubtful Irma had any affect at all on them. Barbados and St. Lucia, while not as far south, I believe were outside Irma's strike zone. St. Kitts is receiving cruise ships at it's port, so you're good there. Unless of course, some other hurricane takes aim at them.

Unfortunately, Maria and Lee are close behind.

Hello

I've tried to gather this information through news sources, online sites and social media but am not getting a clear idea of the damage to these islands.

1. St. Lucia

2. Grenada

3. Barbados

4. Dominica

5. St. Kitts

Just got back from the 9-4-17 sailing on the Equinox. No damage in Barbados or St. Lucia. Antigua had minor damage that we saw on our tour (sign blown over, old fence blown down, small tree here or there down). Shocking how close Barbuda is to Antigua and how the two islands faired very differently during Irma.

Roy

One Equinox's itinerary is relatively unaffected. We're due to sail Oct 6th and following Irma, all ports except Key West are untouched. Of course, the ABC Islands are out of the hurricane zone!

Miami seems to have escaped major damage, so we're looking forward to our trip.

ETA: Key West has been substituted with Falmouth, Jamaica on the current sailing. No word on our itinerary yet, but any day on a cruise ship is better than a day at work, especially with a drinks package!

I can't help wondering if Celebrity is rethinking their plan of having Equinox in the Caribbean for the summer (hurricane) months. They didn't pick a very good year to start it.

For decades,the major cruise companies avoided significant presence in the Caribbean in the summer. Cruise companies took a risk and lost. Don't bet against mother nature.

Hello

1. St. Lucia

2. Grenada

3. Barbados

4. Dominica

5. St. Kitts

Hi there,

To answer you question, all of the islands you have listed were unaffected by Hurricane Irma. Cruise Critic has been monitoring and updating coverage of the storms and recovery of the ports. For the latest on what ports were affected, please check out After Hurricane Irma: Which Cruise Ports are Open?

For the latest on all things cruise, bookmark the Cruise Critic news page.

Cheers,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

We just got off Equinox on Friday. With some rearranging of ports, we ended up going to Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia, Martinique and Antigua. All were fine. We saw some minimal damage, but nothing like what St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola and Barbuda got. The 1,800 residents of Barbuda were evacuated to Antigua. Equinox dropped off supplies, water and mattresses to the Red Cross in Antigua.

Hello

1. St. Lucia

2. Grenada

3. Barbados

4. Dominica

5. St. Kitts

Unfortunately there is a new hurricane bearing down on some of these in the next week.. PUERTO RICO. Is also in the mix.

I really hope the new hurricanes don't do more damage in the Caribbean or US.

Well all my friends in PR are preparing, won't be more than a CAT 3 but they will be getting hit as early as Wednesday. Many still don't have power. Many live off the tourism, so you can imagine what a mess.

For decades,the major cruise companies avoided significant presence in the Caribbean in the summer. Cruise companies took a risk and lost. Don't bet against mother nature.

I don't think the hurricanes are a losing battle. They simply rearrange their ports. It's only really a problem when the home port or final port is affected. The Florida home ports all opened back up with a couple of days as did their supporting airports, so really the number of cruises shortened or canceled was minimal.

Hello

1. St. Lucia

2. Grenada

3. Barbados

4. Dominica

5. St. Kitts

Try google or similar search where many updated articles are listed..also the Cruise Critic Caribbean/specific Ports Bd. Good info and updates although things change all the time,,hopefully for the positive,

Cruiseline intin updates are also posted,..

Unfortunately there is a new hurricane bearing down on some of these in the next week.. PUERTO RICO. Is also in the mix.

Enter Maria, the next problem the Islands and the great people that live on them have to endure..

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/tropical-storm-maria

bosco

As an FYI, both Barbados and St Lucia are well south of Dominica.. So, further south than Dominica, although not as far south as Grenada..

None of the OPs islands in question sustained any damages.

And Hurricane Maria is forecast to pass north of all of us again, although with Dominica, St Lucia and Barbados under tropical storm watches. They'll likely get some heavier rains and winds, just like with Irma.. Dominica will be closer to its path this time around, so may experience more rain and wind - it remains to be seen

Most recent projection has the course going near Guadeloupe with potential impact on Dominica, Monserrat, St Kitts and Nevis, USVI, right into Puerto Rico.

Latest news report the PM. Of Dominica has had his roof ripped off. So it took a hard hit. They will be assessing the damage in the early hours.

Latest news report the PM. Of Dominica has had his roof ripped off. So it took a hard hit. They will be assessing the damage in the early hours.

Yes, such a shame, sounds like more major devastation in this area.