Ventura Ocean View cabin - Picture Window?

miniyorkie

Hi all. Planning a cruise on Ventura ( Norway) and considering an unobstructed Ocean View cabin possibly P deck LC grade. Having never had OV before does anyone know which cabins have the porthole type size window and which have the larger picture window.

I have certain requirements which I realise narrows the options somewhat. ( me fussy lol ) I don't want fixed twin beds, additional Pullman berths and usually opt for a deck with cabins above and below etc. I have stayed in the inside P319 on Ventura previously and like the location. Seem to remember having had a sneaky peak at the OV opposite that it had the large, square window. Sounds like a version of Play School for those who remember Floella ha ha.

Any advice very gratefully received as I know that the wrong cabin can slightly spoil the excitement and as our friends have not cruised before, and relying on me, I feel the pressure!!

Thank you

As far as I recall "smaller windows" are included in the partially obstructed group. Obstructed group are the worst followed by the partially obstructed. Any outside not described as the aforementioned groups, should have a good size window. If it were me looking at a tight budget I should try and book an Ocean View (not obstructed) on a guarantee basis and hope for an upgrade. On a Select Fare, choose your own cabin, I would go for R746, R747, R748 or R749 overlooking wake and convenient for Terrace Bar and Bay Tree Restaurant. Stayed in one of these once and they are a bit bigger and arranged differently. I believe not too many people are aware of how good they are for an Outside Ocean View.

Regards John

As far as I recall "smaller windows" are included in the partially obstructed group. Obstructed group are the worst followed by the partially obstructed. Any outside not described as the aforementioned groups, should have a good size window. If it were me looking at a tight budget I should try and book an Ocean View (not obstructed) on a guarantee basis and hope for an upgrade. On a Select Fare, choose your own cabin, I would go for R746, R747, R748 or R749 overlooking wake and convenient for Terrace Bar and Bay Tree Restaurant. Stayed in one of these once and they are a bit bigger and arranged differently. I believe not too many people are aware of how good they are for an Outside Ocean View.

Regards John

Hello John,

On the ships cabin plan they look as if they are balcony cabins,am I enterprating this wrong.?

Hi all. Planning a cruise on Ventura ( Norway) and considering an unobstructed Ocean View cabin possibly P deck LC grade. Having never had OV before does anyone know which cabins have the porthole type size window and which have the larger picture window.

I have certain requirements which I realise narrows the options somewhat. ( me fussy lol ) I don't want fixed twin beds, additional Pullman berths and usually opt for a deck with cabins above and below etc. I have stayed in the inside P319 on Ventura previously and like the location. Seem to remember having had a sneaky peak at the OV opposite that it had the large, square window. Sounds like a version of Play School for those who remember Floella ha ha.

Any advice very gratefully received as I know that the wrong cabin can slightly spoil the excitement and as our friends have not cruised before, and relying on me, I feel the pressure!!

Thank you

Hello minieyorkie,

All cabins on Ventura on P deck are picture windows.

An alternative is to price an obstructed view on select fare .so you can pick your cabin. To see what cabin is best go to https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

this will show you Princess Ships choose Crown, Emerald and Rubby . These are built the same as Ventura and Azura. Pictures from each window shows how much obstruction you will have ,some a lot some very little . This will give you an idea if its worth going fror a non obstruction or not. If you choose one of these request no upgrade as you might end up with a bigger obstruction

Hello John,

On the ships cabin plan they look as if they are balcony cabins,am I enterprating this wrong.?

On Azura these cabins have balconies on Ventura they are simply ocean view. I will see if I can get a picture.

Yes I have bumped the thread "Ventura LC R746" which shows the Ventura and Azura difference in respect of this detail.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

On Azura these cabins have balconies on Ventura they are simply ocean view. I will see if I can get a picture.

Yes I have bumped the thread "Ventura LC R746" which shows the Ventura and Azura difference in respect of this detail.

Regards John

sorry my mistake i was looking at azura deck plan

Thank you all for the replies. I did quite extensive research yesterday and had seen John's previous posts regarding the aft cabins and found an image of the 4 Ventura aft OV cabins so they are now on my option list with the P deck cabins, having had it confirmed that they are the larger windows.

Don't forget that on a Norway cruise the best scenery will always be on the other side of the ship!

In fjords it doesn't matter you see one side going in and the other side coming out. We were greedy though and went for a wake balcony so that we saw both side twice. :D:D

Don't forget that on a Norway cruise the best scenery will always be on the other side of the ship!

Thanks Dave!! I had considered that but the same can be said about a balcony so I don't feel that miffed. As someone posted previously at least with the Fjords you get a chance of the view on sail in and the opposite on sailaway.

Just returned from a Fjord cruise...unfortunately the sail in was a bit too early morning for us so only saw the sail out side :(...the answer for us is to book another Fjord cruise....which we have done... and book the other side of the ship :)