Visa for India

mummybearspain

We visited India as part of 8 weeks onboard Constellation earlier this year. We did not obtain a visa before sailing. Were not able to onboard. We simple did not get off the ship in India (had not planned to). If you want to get off in India you MUST get the visa beforehand. The visa is not required though if you dont get off in India.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

We were in India earlier this year and acquired a visa. There were a number of pax on board without Visa's.

We were talking to the Michael's Club Concierge as we were taking a side trip to the Taj. We as well as all the pax on the Ship's Taj Tour had to wait until they processed all the paperwork for the non-Visa Pax .

I was told that they often can have a ship's tour for those without Visa's but it was uncertain. It is up to the Immigration authority at the port on the day of the port visit. The day we were in Goa the immigration authorities were very strict and would not even allow Indian crew (with Indian Passports) off the ship. Our butler was really disappointed because they would not allow his children and family to visit the ship (the ship had approved the visit).

So what I understand is it is possible you will have a ship sponsored tour for non-Visa holders but not certain.

I have been told that if I book excursions through the ship they will organise a visa for entry into India. I thought that you may not be allowed on board if you didn't have your visas already. Can anyone clear this up for me?? Thanks

The ship does not organise Indian visas. You need to do that yourself before the cruise. If you have a UK passport and are are arriving into India on a ship and leaving by ship into either Cochi, Mangalore or Goa you can apply for an e-visa. Otherwise you need the tourist visa. I don't know what the rules are for other passport holders.

She will absolutely need to organise a visa before she goes and as bluedevil says you will need a full paper visa. An e-visa is no good. I looked at your roll call post and notice you are asking for a friend who is British, but lives in Spain. I'm not sure of arrangements for getting an Indian visa in Spain for a British passport holder. You'll need to look at this further. Google is your friend and something like the Indian section of the forum on Tripadvisor.

Phil

We visited India as part of a land/cruise trip on Regent a few years ago. . If you are an American citizen you must have a paper visa before you depart. The visa process can be found on the web to obtain directly from the embassy, consulate office or through an intermediary company for an additional fee.