Puerto Vallarta

cyclone1985

walk outside the cruise terminal

take yellow taxi to malecon

slowly walk south to Los Muertos, seeing (research 1st) all the wonders along the way

stroll inland from los muertos (taco stands, art galleries, ect)

5pm take taxi to casa isabella for food/drink/sunset view beyond belief

take taxi to walmart, pick up items/gifts

walk back to cruise ship

• 2 weeks later...

Tequila distilleries and tastings...

This is where Tequila actually comes from. The town of Tequila is in the hills between Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara...and ONLY tequila produced in

THIS area can be legally called Tequila...

I've toured a couple of different Tequila factories--through the cruise line--and had lots of fun

• 2 weeks later...

We very much enjoyed doing the ziplining! (canopy tour) Check out my review at tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150793-d153492-r251542382-El_Eden-Puerto_Vallarta.html

Looks like the company we went through is still offering the 2x1 offer. I have never seen such a good deal at any of the other islands we have been to since. BTW, this canopy tour you don't use your gloved hand to stop (if that makes a difference to you. It makes a difference to me)

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up taking a yellow taxi to the malecon and just walking around for awhile. Didn't even make it as far down as los muertos! We settled in to some super comfy chairs at a place called the mango beach club and just enjoyed our afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Las Caletas is probably a nice day with a boat ride and beach time. We enjoy the Rhythms of the Night experience there in the evening. If you are there during the evening that's great.

We enjoy staying in and experiencing the Romantic Zone (southside), you can walk to several bars and restaurants as well as the beach and Malecon. It's a different world from the resort area near the cruise terminal. You can also take an inexpensive bus to outlying towns and see less developed areas if interested.