Mazatlan Pulmonia city tour

Pugster4

My wife and I aren't planning on any excursions when we go to Mazatlanbut we would like to see the city and go to stone island. We plan on walking tell blue line to the Mercado and then wanted to do a city tour on a pulmonia and I was just wondering what a fair price would be for that and to be dropped off at the water taxis. Also will the pulmonia take us to see the divers as part of the tour? I heard it is a couple dollars a person to go to stone island, does that include the ride back? Anything else we shouldn't miss? Thanks

Edited by Pugster4

My wife and I aren't planning on any excursions when we go to Mazatlanbut we would like to see the city and go to stone island. We plan on walking tell blue line to the Mercado and then wanted to do a city tour on a pulmonia and I was just wondering what a fair price would be for that and to be dropped off at the water taxis. Also will the pulmonia take us to see the divers as part of the tour? I heard it is a couple dollars a person to go to stone island, does that include the ride back? Anything else we shouldn't miss? Thanks

The water taxi costs about three dollars US round trip. You need to keep your ticket stub for the trip back sometimes, but usually they don't ask for it.

If you talk to the pulmonia drivers outside the gate of the cruise terminal, you can tell them what you want to see and do, and they will give you a price. It may cost around 15 to 20 dollars per person, and they will take you to see the divers plus the cathedral and the mercado and a trip along the malecon where there are lots of statues and sculptures if that is of interest to you. They will also take you to the gold zone, but it may cost a little more and could cut into your Stone Island time. If time is important, I would suggest getting the pulmonia at the cruise terminal rather than walking downtown.

Be sure to tell your driver you want to be dropped off at the water taxi terminal near the cruise terminal.

The mercado is about as authentic a central market as you will find anywhere in Mexico. They have quite an assortment of food, clothing, jewelry, hardware, etc. The second floor has several restaurants, and you may see some of the ships crew members up there cooking their meals in one of the restaurants. They buy their supplies at the mercado, and some of the restaurants let them prepare them for a couple of dollars a person.

Edited by swedish weave