Tequila factories in Puerta Villarta

Martezz

I have some friends who want me to pick up an orange tequila from Lluvia de estrellas tequila factory. They said is is so smooth and good! Our ships excursion goes to Hacienda Dona Engracia tequila factory. Does anyone know about the tequila, especially the orange flavored one at this place? Is anyone familiar with the first factory I mentioned. Any comments to how safe it is to leave the town area to go out to the tequila factories? Appreciate any input.

My wife and I have been on the tequila tours four times. Three to Dona Engracia and once to Lluvia de estrellas as well as one in the center of town. As far as orange flavored tequila it would depend on the time of year and what fruit is in season. it would be the same at either of them. We personally like Dona Engracia's tequila and feel it is superior to others but that certainly is subjective. If orange is not available then I would recommend the Almond, certainly my favorite and great on ice cream. Hope this helps.

thank you for the input...sounds like we will stick with the ship's excursion and head to Dona Engracia's. I love almond, so if orange is not available, than almond tequila it will be!

If you have the time and are on the malecon, there are several stores that have all kinds of tequila and they offer samples. Some are very good.

I went in April 2013 with a ship excursion and found a great little place it had 4 or 5 flavored types various aged tequila... was fun but a long drive and a quick tour. Last year we spent more time on Malecon and I think the price was about the same and look at post 4 it mentions the Malecon also it's a must if first time or little time.

IMG_0624.jpg.13720b9bf56209aa4d4df3dd59a97e81.jpg

Edited by GoneJohnson