Castaway Girl sail?

MrsPete

We're considering doing one of Royal Caribbean's ship excursions: a 3.5 hour sail on a catamaran called Castaway Girl. Can anyone girl any details about this excursion? I'd especially like to know what time(s) this excursion leaves and how many people are usually onboard.

Thanks.

Although the cat was a nice size vessel it was pretty full, not leaving much room to move about the boat to get comfy or to get out of the sun if you needed to. The thing I remember about this tour was although it was a snorkeling tour, there was no beach access. They anchored a fair distance off the shore...don't know if this has changed since then. It was okay, not thrilling and not really a quiet sail, as they had to use the motor most of the time to get there and back in the time they had allotted.

We were under sail pretty much the whole time. We had great wind to get us there (I'm assuming it must have been pretty calm to have to use the motor all the way there). You can not get up on shore due to it being proctected by the government.

Had a good time but then it was our first time ever snorkeling. Our friends who are world traveled said it was "ok" as tey have done better snorkeling elsewhere. Not crowded on the boat but the water can be as many different companies use the same waters to dive in.

Jeni

Archived