Dawn Magnifying Mirrors

Jancruz

I don't know about other cabins on the NCL DAWN but in Suite 12030 there

was a magnifying mirror in the bathroom - but frankly it was of little use unless

one is a contortionist.

The mirror had the standard focus and on the reverse the magnifying.

It had two rigid chrome rods that pivoted out from the wall. ***

Better for looking at one side of the head than the other.

Not much adjustment but Yes you could look straight on into the mirror

and wish all you might and nothing came of it ! LOL !

*** Picture from NCL STAR stateroom 12012 to illustrate...

Same reverse image on the NCL DAWN

DSC04466.jpg.a8a5c8a811cd932b43c1018ed48a88a0.jpg

The balcony cabin & mini suite on the Dawn had a magnifying mirror attached to the bathroom mirror. It wasn't adjustable & it was awkward to use. I always bring a small magnifying mirror with suction cups that I can put anywhere the light is good. I've put makeup on standing @ the balcony doors on more than one cruise & although it's a bit awkward, the natural light is better than than the poor lighting in many cabins!

Hello Jan,

interesting to see you on an NCL board. I've booked with Rickey in the past and followed your sage advice and input on the Oceania and Azamara boards for many years. We just came back from our first NCL cruise, Boston to Bermuda. Our inside cabin had a magnifying mirror set into the bathroom mirror. My sister advised me to stay away from it!

After leaving mass market lines about 10 years ago for O and A I was more than a bit apprehensive about this trip but we were taking my sister and her 4 children and we live in Boston so it made sense. Discussions on the boards further intensified my concerns, particularly about food. I'm a live to eat kind of gal and my expectations were very low. I was pleasantly surprised, even impressed in some cases by our dining experience. I did not have one meal that disappointed and was often delighted by every item I selected. We ate breakfast and dinner in the Venetian and at Cageny's once. My husband declared that meal superior to both Prime C and Polo.

I had read that new menus were launched at the beginning of the summer and was hoping to have a chance to ask someone in the know if all Dawn menus are revamped and the ones we were presented. If so, I would say Mr. Del Rio is on the right track and we have transitioned from deliberately avoiding NCL to seriously considering another with them in the future.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by auntiemjo

Hello Jan,

interesting to see you on an NCL board. I've booked with Rickey in the past and followed your sage advice and input on the Oceania and Azamara boards for many years. We just came back from our first NCL cruise, Boston to Bermuda. Our inside cabin had a magnifying mirror set into the bathroom mirror. My sister advised me to stay away from it!

After leaving mass market lines about 10 years ago for O and A I was more than a bit apprehensive about this trip but we were taking my sister and her 4 children and we live in Boston so it made sense. Discussions on the boards further intensified my concerns, particularly about food. I'm a live to eat kind of gal and my expectations were very low. I was pleasantly surprised, even impressed in some cases by our dining experience. I did not have one meal that disappointed and was often delighted by every item I selected. We ate breakfast and dinner in the Venetian and at Cageny's once. My husband declared that meal superior to both Prime C and Polo.

I had read that new menus were launched at the beginning of the summer and was hoping to have a chance to ask someone in the know if all Dawn menus are revamped and the ones we were presented. If so, I would say Mr. Del Rio is on the right track and we have transitioned from deliberately avoiding NCL to seriously considering another with them in the future.

Have a wonderful cruise!

What a delightful post.

We have been on the Dawn several times and do not remember ever seeing a magnifying mirror.

Sorry, I stand corrected. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. :o

I really didn't remember ever having a magnifying mirror. I guess I need to pay more attention! :eek:

Hello Jan,

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you so much for remembering me and Ricky unfortunately after his surgery he never fully recovered and is still in a facility....Mr. DelRio has spent a lot of time in the last few months upgrading the quality of the food and revamping the menus I am looking forward to trying them, I will be in a suite with the UDP and UBP which I am thinking is going to be fun....Unfortunately even the fact that I answered your question is going to kick off flaming toward me ..which almost always happens here at NCL so I try to stay generic if I come on at all..in order to post on this board I have to have very thick skin..which as people know as you get older it gets thinner and thinner..LOL

Jancruz1

Since I'm new to this line I haven't read the type of posts you write of. I've never thought of you as anything but knowledgeable, professional, helpful, gracious and classy.

As the adage goes, what the negative folks say says more about them than you.

so sorry to hear about Rickey. He too was always lovely.

Jan, I believe you were on coastal California a year ago February with Azamara (and us). We absolutely loved that one and would do another like it in a heartbeat. Haven't seen one since though. Guess it was an experiment that was not as successful as they hoped.

Jan, I believe you were on coastal California a year ago February with Azamara (and us). We absolutely loved that one and would do another like it in a heartbeat. Haven't seen one since though. Guess it was an experiment that was not as successful as they hoped.

Hi We were together..I loved it, and agree it would be great to do it again especially since we are from LA and no flying we are going to sail on the new Oceania Sirena from Miami to LA next year after our Getaway in March with the kids and Grandkids and Great grandaughter..we have done the Panama Canal many times but always love it..my husband will no longer take long flights so we will be sailing here in the US..Thank you for commenting on Rickey he was a great guy that had awful luck..

Hope to sail with you again,

Jancruz1

Hello Jan,

Have a wonderful cruise!

The menus and the food are the same as they were in Oct, Jan, March and June, so no changes or upgrades yet. NCL's food has always been good, and you can always find something exceptional. I've had 2 lunches in Venetian and dinner in Cagney's and Le Bistro so far.

I'm in a suite, and can verify there is no magnifying mirror at the makeup table, but there's a small one built into the mirror that isn't very useful.

The menus and the food are the same as they were in Oct, Jan, March and June, so no changes or upgrades yet. NCL's food has always been good, and you can always find something exceptional. I've had 2 lunches in Venetian and dinner in Cagney's and Le Bistro so far.

I'm in a suite, and can verify there is no magnifying mirror at the makeup table, but there's a small one built into the mirror that isn't very useful.

The quality of food has been upgraded throughout the whole system although it is nothing you can see..Thanks for the info on the mirror, I just popped one with suction cups on it into my suitcase so I can definitely see better to put on my makeup..(although at my age NBC) LOL

Jancruz1

The quality of food has been upgraded throughout the whole system although it is nothing you can see..Thanks for the info on the mirror, I just popped one with suction cups on it into my suitcase so I can definitely see better to put on my makeup..(although at my age NBC) LOL

Jancruz1

Okay, but I'm saying that there's no difference in the flavours as the last 5 cruises I've been on this year.

It's all been good.