Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

This thread is for all those already booked with the Paris Package !

Talked to my TA today.

Says even if I paid up in advance, will not get flight information until about 60 out. (We still need to book flights to and from Buffalo)

Since this package was with GTY's I wonder if anyone has yet received cabin assignments?

We are on the 12 day.

Got our cabin assignment a couple weeks ago. Assignment of GTYs never comes before final payment and can come up to the day of the cruise. (We're on deck 12) upgrades aren't out of the question though.

Flights do come later - we do not have our flights yet - we do know because we travel from CA that the flight will be on the 26th (or earlier ha ha) it all depends on what they get from the airlines once they know how many passengers and from where they are traveling. It's even possible that they fly us into Miami (and put us in a hotel) an additional day before so that they book everyone from that part of the country on the same flight to CDG.

It's all a game of numbers - moving us as a group is much more cost effective - we've had the unfortunate experience of being alone on a big transit bus.

One thing for sure - I never count on the hotel staying the same - we could all end up in the same hotel in Paris depending on how many passengers booked the package and how many rooms NCL held.

I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Assignment of GTYs never comes before final payment and can come up to the day of the cruise.

First part is incorrect. There have been multiple reports over and over again of people getting GTY assignments soon after they have booked, even months before final payment.

First part is incorrect. There have been multiple reports over and over again of people getting GTY assignments soon after they have booked, even months before final payment.

Maybe I could have said WE have never gotten GTY cabin assignment before final payment. You must remember final payments can be made before required. We paid in full before final payment due date. We didn't get our cabin assignment immediately following our final payment, but find get it a couple weeks ago. Not counting on cabin assignment staying the same though. (We have also experienced multiple cabin changes before embarkation.)

I too was surprised by other reported cabin assignments - I do not know the financial arrangements those other cruisers have made - possibly their category was getting close to full and NCL would rather sell a higher category than give it to GTY.

No rhyme nor reason for the sales mentality of NCL.

Maybe I could have said WE have never gotten GTY cabin assignment before final payment.

Yep. Just because that hasn't happened to you, does not mean that it couldn't happen.

There absolutely is no such limitation and the assignment of a GTY cabin can happen anytime from booking upto the day of embarkation, simple as that. :)

We are Gary (garylev35) and David (dlevin35) (Son and Father). We are from NY state. We booked the 3 nights in Paris Package. My sister Lori and her husband Dave (LAatl) are also doing this trip. We are flying from JFK while my sister from Atlanta. With the guarantee rooms my sister (always eager) paid off her cruise almost 2 months ago. Since are 2 bookings are connected we were hoping to have rooms near each other. Through a a screw up by NCL we were given an assignment of our room (even though we have not paid off the cruise). We are on deck 15 in an MA cabin. With my sister and husband assigned a cabin on deck 10. Tried calling NCL about it told nothing they can do about the assignment. My sister even offered to pay the MX price but take a balcony near ours. Told no luck. Called NCL corporate and tried to speak to somone in public relations. They may be able we were told to fix it once on board

Edited by garylev35
left out a bunch of stuff

Good Morning Everyone:

I have not made our final payment yet and have received my cabin assignment. I have talked with my Senior Cruise Consultant and at this time am not able to change cabins. He did tell me my flight information, with the understanding that it is subject to change. He also informed me that they are using 2 hotels for this package, Melia la Defense and Pullman la Defense. As for transporting us to the train station on Thursday morning it will be between 8-10am. Shuttling us to Southampton from London will be by motor coach and it does have a toilet on them.

Donna and Don

Buford, GA

staying at Melia

Good Morning Everyone:

I have not made our final payment yet and have received my cabin assignment. I have talked with my Senior Cruise Consultant and at this time am not able to change cabins. He did tell me my flight information, with the understanding that it is subject to change. He also informed me that they are using 2 hotels for this package, Melia la Defense and Pullman la Defense. As for transporting us to the train station on Thursday morning it will be between 8-10am. Shuttling us to Southampton from London will be by motor coach and it does have a toilet on them.

Donna and Don

Buford, GA

staying at Melia

Thank you for the information!

Over a year ago, we had our cabin picked out, and booked the UDP for $99.pp.

Then DW decide we should give it up, re-book, get a GTY and do Paris. "Paris is always a good idea".

We will also be staying at the Melia. I thought I saw at least few other hotels posted from other pax ?

No cabin assignment yet.

Flights... Hmmm... In the past it seems, the earlier we recieved them, the more they change. Seems they always are changed at least a little !?:rolleyes:

We were told by our TA, there is no advantage of paying early since (package) flights will not be assigned until about 60 days out.

Note to self: Check fights. Once assigned, select seats ASAP and maybe pay for upgrades.

Edited by $hip$hape

Hi!

We are on the 13-day bundle.

- We will be flying from Miami. No luck in getting even tentative flight info.

- We had an MS Gty, but our room was only an MC on deck 10. I was told that when I booked so early that the chances were I'd get upgraded. But no!

- We'll be in Montmartre Sacrecoeur.

Looking forward to meeting you all (and seeing Tammy and Wayne again).

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

Hi!

We are on the 13-day bundle.

- We will be flying from Miami. No luck in getting even tentative flight info.

- We had an MS Gty, but our room was only an MC on deck 10.

I was told that when I booked so early that the chances were I'd get upgraded. But no!

- We'll be in Montmartre Sacrecoeur.(Hotel in Paris?)

Looking forward to meeting you all (and seeing Tammy and Wayne again).

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

I'm curiuos about your cabin catagory "MS" , Did you mean MX?:confused:

Here's a reference(below) if CC let's me show it.

http://www.icruise.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-norwegian-escape-staterooms.html

Edited by $hip$hape

We are Gary (garylev35) and David (dlevin35) (Son and Father). We are from NY state. We booked the 3 nights in Paris Package. My sister Lori and her husband Dave (LAatl) are also doing this trip. We are flying from JFK while my sister from Atlanta. With the guarantee rooms my sister (always eager) paid off her cruise almost 2 months ago. Since are 2 bookings are connected we were hoping to have rooms near each other. Through a a screw up by NCL we were given an assignment of our room (even though we have not paid off the cruise). We are on deck 15 in an MA cabin. With my sister and husband assigned a cabin on deck 10. Tried calling NCL about it told nothing they can do about the assignment. My sister even offered to pay the MX price but take a balcony near ours. Told no luck. Called NCL corporate and tried to speak to somone in public relations. They may be able we were told to fix it once on board

There was no screwup. You booked guarantee rooms. That means you can get a room of that category or better anywhere on the ship. NCL does not guarantee that two guarantee rooms booked together will be anywhere near each other.

There was no screw up. You booked guarantee rooms. That means you can get a room of that category or better anywhere on the ship.

NCL does not guarantee that two guarantee rooms booked together will be anywhere near each other.

GTY - "Not recommended if you have specific requirements - deck & window preferences, proximity to elevators, etc."

Yes, this cruise may not be fully booked, so NCL Escape may be able to make changes once on board.

It's the same with flights in a packge... WE understand NCL only says they will get us to and from the destination. And you have to work with the airline if you want changes.

Years ago, took a trip with my brother to Brazil.

By the time of the return flight, I was happy he was seated in a different row.:D

I'm curiuos about your cabin catagory "MS" , Did you mean MX?:confused:

Here's a reference(below) if CC let's me show it.

http://www.icruise.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-norwegian-escape-staterooms.html

Sorry for my abbreviation. MS=Mini Suite. I booked an MX (mini suite guarantee).

When I booked a balcony guarantee on my last cruise, I was upgraded to a BA category. I was hoping to get a better mini suite than an MC. Oh well. I have what I have.

Anyone else flying from MIA and staying in Montmartre with us?

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

There was no screwup. You booked guarantee rooms. That means you can get a room of that category or better anywhere on the ship. NCL does not guarantee that two guarantee rooms booked together will be anywhere near each other.

With my father and I there was. We at first booked the 3 days in Paris with the airfare and such. When our travel agent booked it that is what she booked. NCL booked us with 2 nights in Paris without air. After a week of our ta and us going back and forth with NCL they finally fixed it and because of NCL's screw up booked us at the MX price but put us in an MA assigned room. We (sister Lori, her husband Dave and my father David) are in the Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacré-Cœur hotel.

After a week of our ta and us going back and forth with NCL they finally fixed it and because of NCL's screw up booked us at the MX price but put us in an MA assigned room.

How is that a screw up? Whatever category (GTY or non-GTY) you have booked, NCL has every right to assign you to any higher category, from MX to MA included.

Edited by Demonyte

We are on the 2 day and also staying at Melia la Defense. Flying out of DTW.

Hoping for Delta so I can work with them for an upgrade. :)

Luckily for us, one of her employees spends that time if the year living outside of Paris and teaching English and has taken the days off to hang out with us.

We got our cabin assignment 2 weeks ago without doing final payment yet (about 3 weeks out, been trying to do this one totally in cash and no credit card charges).

Our TA said we wouldn't get out air details till a few weeks after the final due date. Luckily for us, it really doesn't matter. We're just going with the flow as it will be the first time we've had a vacation during our companies "season" and we've worked for the company for 14 years (me) and 16 years (her).

We're just happy we're going. :)

Edited by CP Tech

This is not a roll call thread.

Roll Call threads for Escape cruises can be found here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=24&ship_id=691

Demonyte, Thanks for your note!

My apologies !

I should have stated this(not a roll call) in the first post (OP).

( I did not want to start another conflicting roll call.)

So posted a thread here, instead of the roll call section.

Looking for addition "Escape Paris Package" information.

Good Morning Everyone:

I have not made our final payment yet and have received my cabin assignment. I have talked with my Senior Cruise Consultant and at this time am not able to change cabins. He did tell me my flight information, with the understanding that it is subject to change. He also informed me that they are using 2 hotels for this package, Melia la Defense and Pullman la Defense.

As for transporting us to the train station on Thursday morning it will be between 8-10am.

Shuttling us to Southampton from London will be by motor coach and it does have a toilet on them.

Donna and Don

Buford, GA

staying at Melia

About our transit from Paris to Southampton...

Since our transfer is included in The Package, and since it should only take a few hours,

will WE need any British Pound money, currency in/for our time in England ?

Thinking about tips.

I only have about 15 Pounds left over from a previous vacation.

With my father and I there was. We at first booked the 3 days in Paris with the airfare and such. When our travel agent booked it that is what she booked.

NCL booked us with 2 nights in Paris without air.

After a week of our ta and us going back and forth with NCL they finally fixed it and because of NCL's screw up booked us at the MX price but put us in an MA assigned room. We (sister Lori, her husband Dave and my father David) are in the Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacré-Cœur hotel.

Mistakes happen. When we first booked the Paris Package, we had a good laugh at the itinerary first received from NCL(below)

Of course we called them immediately.:eek::p

Cruise Itinerary:*(The cruise line reserves the right to change the itinerary at any time without notice as conditions warrant.)

Friday

October 23, 2015

Berlin hotel check-in

--

Saturday

October 24, 2015

Berlin at leisure

--

Sunday

October 25, 2015

Berlin at leisure

--

Monday

October 26, 2015

Flight to London, check-in

--

Tuesday

October 27, 2015

London at leisure

--

Wednesday

October 28, 2015

London at leisure

--

Thursday

October 29, 2015

Ship departs Southampton

--

Sorry for such a small picture - but here's the info - I keep copies of all the amenities published (as well as "conditions") it serves us well should things change to the contrary on board.

There's also the dinner for two in 3 restaurants, bottle of wine, 20 photos, and on board credit (at least that was with the package we booked - 12 day (2 days Paris, airfare to CDG, transfers to the port)

image.jpg.6630c2cce9d46d09f6e7b103016c080e.jpg