Pearl power outlets, would this charger work?

justhappy

That may be a problem as far as fitting in the space. The outlets are usually pretty close to the counter top. I find this one works fine

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector/dp/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440880695&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+mini&pebp=1440880707775&perid=0TG5YBE6H7MVH06PQC9Q

This should fit.

That may be a problem as far as fitting in the space. The outlets are usually pretty close to the counter top. I find this one works fine

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector/dp/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440880695&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+mini&pebp=1440880707775&perid=0TG5YBE6H7MVH06PQC9Q

Are we allowed to use a surge protector? I thought is was just extension cords

Are the outlets vertical or horizontal?

Did you have a problem with an extension cord?

NO USB ports for charging.:confused:

The surge protector is to protect your electronics. I've never had anyone look at it at all, unlike extension cords, on any of my cruises.

Travelers these days with electronic devices should have ideally two power related items with them. One, the power bar I listed above and two something like this. Solves all charging issues.

Edited by MtreJ

We sailed basically between balconies, oceanviews & insides on a # of NCL ships, almost (never say 100% absolutely, positively) all the outlets looked like this one (Breakaway, 2015) with 2 usable 110 volts, 3 prong outlets and (2) two 220-240 volts outlet (which usually involved a simple round adapter plug for said appliance or dual voltage ones, i.e. mobile charging devices or laptop PC's) That's 3 usable plus the low-power 110 volts, "shaver" outlet inside the bathroom.l https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_2142%20%281024x768%29.jpg

For low-amp mobile charging of assorted device, I highly recommend Anker's brand of multi-USB charger, auto-switch dual 110-220 volts (with a simple adapter where needed) providing 4 or 5 high-amp ports for charging, with one's OEM/approved cables. Mine shown below is rated for 36 watts, it will charge an iPad Air/mini 2/3's etc. plus the iPhone 5s, Nexus 7 tablet and Nexus 5 smartphone all at once, quickly. Newest model is here, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH8G1SY?psc=1 or The newer ones is rated higher at 40 watts, perfect for those with power-hungry 6" devices - one is on sale now @ Amazon for $13 with free shipping, that's a bargain investment. Generally, they are available for about $20 shipped.

The Belkin power adapter stay in my gadget pouch for travel in over 10 years, upgraded mine 1 Amp USB rated to 2 Amp rating one (nowadays, pay a little more for the 2 Amp model as it's best suited for iPads & smartphones) - also on Amazon & eBay for under $20 shipped. It will rotate - 90/180/270 to fit different outlet placement, and provide 3 outlets plus 2 charging port https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/Travel%20Gadgets/IMG150823_1656.jpg

Monster Outlets To Go is a compact folding model that provide 4 outlets, it does NOT have surge protection circuits - some preferred it for cruising. However, personally - I will not use it with delicate laptop/netbook PC's and tablets plugged into one, in the remote & unlikely chhttp://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-OTG400-BK-Outlets/dp/B000F9YN2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440896162&sr=8-1&keywords=monster+power+stripance that spike might damage our devices on the go.

For redundancy, always carry a standalone hi-amp USB charger (mine is an OEM Blackberry 1.8 amp fast micro-USB charger, which also quickly charge the iPhone's integrated 3,100 amp external battery case) and a 2 Amp 12 volt mobile charger plug, for in-vehicle use.

Edited by mking8288

long post

Informative post, thanks. We just bring along a cheap 3-way extension cord (think IKEA) which we leave/dump in the bin after the cruise and all of our original chargers, not dumping those though :D But those power port things look promising, thanks!

Will need a few short 1ft 2A lightning and micro USB cables from China to go with it to keep it compact?

Thanks for the mention of the Belkin swivel..ordered one last night. The small outlet extender we used last year just didn't work all that well because f how close the outlet sits to the counter. We did locate an outlet close down to the floor next to the loveseat in the SF suite and used that but it was not convenient. Another FYI there is an outlet above the mirror in the bathroom in the SF suites that we used also (says electric razor only) but we were able to charge our stuff at night with no problems.

Travelers these days with electronic devices should have ideally two power related items with them. One, the power bar I listed above and two something like this. Solves all charging issues.

We never travel without our USB hub, and as a result, we have no need for multiple outlets, and only bring this. Ours, like this one, has a 3 foot cord. I don't like the ones that plug directly into the outlet blocking other outlets. That's a waste. This saves so much counter space compared with using power strips.

We never travel without our USB hub, and as a result, we have no need for multiple outlets, and only bring this. Ours, like this one, has a 3 foot cord. I don't like the ones that plug directly into the outlet blocking other outlets. That's a waste. This saves so much counter space compared with using power strips.

Darn it, went to edit my post and it was too late.

We also have this one, which is good if you do need additional outlets instead of just additional space to charge things:

ankway-c0011s-w.jpg

Again, it has a cord, so it doesn't plug directly into the outlet blocking other outlets. It's light and easy to pack unlike bigger, bulky power strips. It takes up very little space on a desk. We've also invested in some 6 inch charging cables, so we don't have tons of cables strung around.

Edited by LrgPizza

..... We've also invested in some 6 inch charging cables, so we don't have tons of cables strung around.

Have you considered retractable cords? We have several of these (of course, these are specific to Apple products, but they have all kinds on Amazon) and they work great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GLMAERU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00