Half a bottle of Bon Voyage wine?

caber

We only received the half-bottle portion on our first crossing. On all subsequent Cunard voyages, we have been given a full-size bottle.

To my knowledge, Cunard has never forced any passenger to drink it. This always seems a matter of personal choice.

I enjoy every free alcoholic beverage offered on the ship, except "champagne" offered at the art auctions. I would rather stay sober forever (or even attend the scarf tying seminar) before I would attend one of those.

….Does anyone know if the champagne they advertise is actually something else??? More of Pol Acker?

• 1 year later...
To my knowledge, Cunard has never forced any passenger to drink it. This always seems a matter of personal choice.

If Cunard wants to ensure all passengers attend muster drill they could put a notice in staterooms on embarkation day regarding the catch-up drill with mandatory Pol Acker consumption.

Other alternative uses:

- dissolving barnacles ***** the hull

- cleaning out the washing machines in the self serve laundrettes

- as a threat to passengers who might be tempted to argue in the self serve laundrettes

- chemical peel agent in the spa (not for sensitive skin)

- toilet cleaner

- a dab on a cloth will help to kill any bacteria lurking on gym equipment and within a 50m radius

- as a gift for someone you hate beyond words

- mosquito repellent in warmer climates (don't over apply or else general bird populations may begin falling from the sky)

- fuelling the ship's tenders

- provide the source for superlative flames for flambé in the Queens Grill

- nail polish remover for the ladies and the occasional gentleman

Hello, I have a question regarding this half a bottle of Bon Voyage wine.

Can I bring this one to the MDR? and the cocage fee will required?

:o

Yes and no. As a platinum WC member, I got a full bottle of Pol Acker on my recent QV cruise. I couldn't imagine what to do with it, since I don't particularly like sparkling wines, so I asked my tablemates (table for 8) if they would like to share it with me. This inspired two friends in another cabin to add their bottle and a half (one is Diamond, the other was a first-timer). We took them down to Britannia and asked our wine steward for champagne glasses, which he supplied. No corkage, since it was supplied by Cunard, not by me or my friends.

Since the sommelier did not get any tip income from the bottles, and was good-humored about setting up the glasses, I made sure to remember him with an envelope at the end of the voyage.

Actually when a Fred Olsen's welcome bottle comes to mind (imagine pomagne then down a few notches), Pol Acker is really rather good, we used to take part in a Fred Olsen on board evening TV quiz to win a FO bottle, then see who would drink it, Russian roulette I think we called it :)

Edited by robbie_3