Bruges mini cruise in December

TX1

Hi. Can anyone please advise me as we have never cruised in December before.

Do the seas around the UK and Belgium get rough around mid December? I don't want to book until i get feedback.

Hi. Can anyone please advise me as we have never cruised in December before.

Do the seas around the UK and Belgium get rough around mid December? I don't want to book until i get feedback.

The weather will do what it wants, I have been in the Channel in December in a force 11 but I have also been and it's been like a mill pond. Zeebruge has quite a narrow entrance so if it's windy they may not be able to get in.

If you are worried about rough sea it might not be the best time of year, but then again if it's a cold but sunny day with light winds Bruges will be spectacular.

I second what Lanky Lad has said; High winds caused a canceled visit to Zeebrugge (on QV) for me some years back*. No-one can predict what the weather will do, could be a mill pond, could be rough.

However, I'd book it as the temptation of a pre-Christmas mini-cruise and possible visit to Bruges would tempt me, no matter what. These are huge ships, designed with bad weather/rough seas in mind.

Hope you book it, and have a great time.

(* When Zeebrugge was cancelled, we had a sea-day in the channel instead. High winds but clear blue skies, not stormy and no movement of the ship could be felt at all; this actually turned out to be a "highlight day", I had a great time onboard. Photos of that day are here, towards the end of the set:

)

Have done similar December trips to Zeebrugge with QM2. One year, I think 2013, we had to arrive early and leave early from Le Harve because of high winds and were warned about high seas on the way back to Southampton but the stability of the ship meant that you didn't feel a thing.

Last year I recall nothing about the weather which suggests it wasn't an issue.

M-AR

Not sure where you are based, but we are in South East England, where we are currently experiencing a very bright Autumnal day. Do see any reason why this should change over the next couple of weeks. I suspect we will have some snow this year, but who knows! This is England, Sunny today, probably wet and windy tomorrow!

We are also cruising the 3 day mini to Bruges in December and I am wondering about the dress code. We have only cruised Princess before and the first and last evenings have been a little more relaxed due to luggage arriving late or being packed early. I am very happy with the middle formal night but do not want to be incorrectly dressed on the other two nights. Is it still likely to be mainly cocktail dresses? My husband almost always wears a jacket and tie so he has no problems.

Many thanks for any help.

We are also cruising the 3 day mini to Bruges in December and I am wondering about the dress code. We have only cruised Princess before and the first and last evenings have been a little more relaxed due to luggage arriving late or being packed early. I am very happy with the middle formal night but do not want to be incorrectly dressed on the other two nights. Is it still likely to be mainly cocktail dresses? My husband almost always wears a jacket and tie so he has no problems.

Many thanks for any help.

My mother wears evening trouser and a light top for dinner which she puts in her carry off bag.