Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Ditto, I checked for them today and they are not even on the site. I haven't read this whole thread (long!) but does anyone have a clue when they may be added back? Maybe they add them at certain times?

They come and go randomly. You just have to check every day and if you are lucky, you might get one before they sell out...sometimes within the same day.

$100 sold out as of approx 7:30am.

Both gift card page and product page button changed within minutes to Sold Out, as well as the cart went from 5 available to 0 available to sold out message approx 7:30.

$500 cards still available.

If you have never ordered them before, they usually call to confirm your order within a couple days, for example by Monday, prob ship on Tuesday or Wednesday. If it's $500 or more, they will come UPS and you must sign for them. If under $500, they come US Mail. They ship from Ohio, so you can calculate your normal transit time from there.

if you have ordered them before, they don't call. They usually ship the next day. My last order was placed on Saturday, shipped Monday or Tuesday and arrived UPS on Thursday. 5 days, not bad for an order placed on the weekend !!

Yay, cruizinisthebest !! Sooooo glad to see a green dot by your name !! I was hoping you would be awake to get these notifications. I know you were looking to get more cards.

So happy I could help lolavix (below : ). Yes, that was a good savings !!

Edited by angela12345

Thank you to the night owls who posted. :D Just snagged a few more.

And thank you, angela12345, for walking me through using the GCs to re-pay for the deposit and the deposit refunded on my CC. I did it the other day and it worked like a charm. Still waiting for the refund on my CC, but I know that takes a week. I had a regular deposit for 5 people, so it was worth saving another $125 to do this.

If you have never ordered them before, they usually call to confirm your order within a couple day, for example by Monday, prob ship on Tuesday. If it's $500 or more, they will come UPS and you must sign for them. If under $500, they come US Mail. They ship from Ohio, so you can calculate your normal transit time from there.

As an example, on Saturday, January 30, I bought a bunch. I confirmed on Monday and Tuesday (I had two orders--one was from AARP and one from Verizon) and they shipped together on Wednesday via UPS. I received them last Friday, February 5--so less than a week later. I live on the East Coast, so it might be longer for those who live elsewhere.

Edited by lolavix

As another example (I couldnt remember so I just searched for my old post) . . .

I ordered my gift cards on Friday 4-10-15. They called me on Tues 4-14-15 to confirm my order & let me know it was shipping. I do not know if they always do that, or only did it because I had such a large order of $4600 worth (us, my dad's, and my aunt's orders). They shipped my order by UPS and the gift cards arrived Thurs 4-16-15. I was required to sign for them.

Although, based on mine and others experience on here, we now know (think) they only call on your first time ever ordering them. Subsequent orders ship without the phone call.

Edit: Also, they now have a limit of 5 of each card, so max order is now $3000 if you are able to get five $500 and five $100 in one order

8:15am. $500 cards are now sold out

Button immediately changed to sold out on the page that lists all of the travel gift cards as well as immediate change to the message in the cart. Delay of approx 6 minutes for the button on the product's detail page to change to Sold Out (the page that gives all of the details about the $500 card).

Edited by angela12345

I was in the check out process at 7:20 am when the $100 cards sold out, so I had to go back in and put a $500 one in my cart instead.

I have been waiting to get these cards since Christmas and they finally showed up!

Funny, I have never gotten a call from Verizon to confirm when I ordered these gift cards before.

Anyone who has previously ordered these, how long do they usually take to ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The $100 ones come regular USPS mail

In about a week. The $500 come UPS and require signature so they take a little

Longer. I ordered over the holidays and it was delayed - took nearly 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I checked at 6:30 this morning and tried to order 3 $500 cards. My bank blocked it thinking it was a bogus charge. When I called the bank when they opened and got the block removed, the cards were already sold out.

I'm not a happy camper right now.

GEEZ. It's 6 am west coast time. I'm an early bird out here and still couldn't grab them. :eek: Congrats to those that did!

I'm sure if you're an early bird, then you're not also a night owl. But ... People reported this batch as early as 3am. Which would be midnight your time . . . .

They do have them about once every week to 2 weeks. Good luck !

I've noticed the past several times they go on sale it seems they release them at midnight. I've seen responses in this thread at 12:30am, 1:30am, basically right after midnight that they are available. I would say to those who are still trying to grab some to check if you can after midnight or around 1 or 2 am in the morning. Best days also seem to be Monday's and Friday's but can happen any morning.

I get up for work M-F at 2 am and just check each morning. I was able to get one $500 card this morning as I already have another $500 one for using as our OBC for our cruise in April. $500 OBC for each wife and I is plenty, I can't see needing much more then that for our S&S card account.

Paying off our cruise I bought enough through out 5 months I was able to save myself $200 off the cruise. Now for $900 I have $1000 worth of credit for our S&S account. Pay our gratuities, steak house charge, social Internet and rest is for spending money on-board.

Patients, if your cruise is still a month or more out there is still time to grab some. They seem to be released about every week to 2 weeks. This last time was a week and 5 days between. Just gotta check VERY early in the morning as by 7am to 8am they are sold out.

I checked at 6:30 this morning and tried to order 3 $500 cards. My bank blocked it thinking it was a bogus charge. When I called the bank when they opened and got the block removed, the cards were already sold out.

I'm not a happy camper right now.

I tried to buy mine with a chase credit card and it got declined for possible fraud, luckily my debit card went through. Very annoying that happened to you! I was swearing at my card though...

I thought I would follow up today with what another poster on here said earlier about being able to go to a Verizon store to possibly purchase the gift cards.

I called several around my area. Most of them only sold Verizon gift cards, but the few that I did find that sold other vendor gift cards (such as Carnival) only sell them for face value...meaning $100 card for $100. They said the Verizon reward points is an online only type of thing and you can't use those points to pay for the cards in the store. :( So, I guess I'll continue to look online.

Following up on what a Previous poster said about the credit card issue and denial of the charge. I use the same credit card for each purchase so it is saved in the Verizon site. but each time I try and purchase with the saved card, the bank denies it. I have to remember to re-enter the charge card by hand each time in order for the charge to go through. so it appears that for some reason the Verizon site must store the information incorrectly and it triggers something with the credit card company that indicates a potential fraud.