Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

I just noticed this and thought I would pass it on.

I'm a long time Verizon Wireless customer and have recently been notified about their new Verizon Smart Rewards Program. It basically allows customers to accumulate points based on a variety of factors. I just logged in to check out the details of the program and saw many different options to use your points, one of which is purchasing gift cards.

Carnival was listed as one of the gift card options. You can use some of your Verizon Smart Rewards' points for a 10% discount on your purchase of either a $50 or $100 CCL electronic gift card.

By the way, they also had an option for purchasing CCL certificates but I'm unsure about the details of using those certificates since they could have restrictions.

I don't work for them, so I can't really answer questions regarding the program. if you are a Verizon customer like I am, just log into your on-line account and check into it. I did have to register for the program to get all the information but they offered an extra 5,000 bonus points for signing up. With the bonus and the other options specific to my account, I started out with over 40,000 points as soon as I signed up.

It only cost 1,000 of your points for the 10% discount on a $100 CCL e-gift card. It cost 500 points for a 10% discount on a $50 CCL e-gift card.

The program also offers some travel discounts on hotels, etc., using some of your Verizon Smart Rewards' points.

~Tracey

Edited by swetra

Note this:

Cruise offers cannot be combined with any cruise line credits, coupons, discounts or offers, including low fare guarantees. Points will be forfeited and no refunds or credits will be honored if any other offers are applied to this booking. Cruise cancellation and refund policies along with cancellation fees, if applicable, vary by travel supplier. For an overview of information for respective cruise line cancellation policies, please click on the More Info option on the cruise page. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to be familiar with the penalties assessed for cancellation. If you make partial payment only, it is your sole responsibility to make the final payment in a timely fashion or be subject to penalties and/or cancellation. Cancellation charges subject to change without notice. Due to the nature of this program, these Terms and Conditions supersede any information obtained by contacting the cruise line directly.

Note this:

Cruise offers cannot be combined with any cruise line credits, coupons, discounts or offers, including low fare guarantees. Points will be forfeited and no refunds or credits will be honored if any other offers are applied to this booking. Cruise cancellation and refund policies along with cancellation fees, if applicable, vary by travel supplier. For an overview of information for respective cruise line cancellation policies, please click on the More Info option on the cruise page. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to be familiar with the penalties assessed for cancellation. If you make partial payment only, it is your sole responsibility to make the final payment in a timely fashion or be subject to penalties and/or cancellation. Cancellation charges subject to change without notice. Due to the nature of this program, these Terms and Conditions supersede any information obtained by contacting the cruise line directly.

I believe those conditions may apply to booking the discounted cruise on their site or possibly using the certificates. The electronic gift cards work exactly like the ones I bought from Carnival in June. I already placed an order today for several of these cards via the Verizon Rewards Program and received the e-cards immediately from CCL immediately via email.

wow tx for the heads up. we are n the process of buying a $100 gift card a month for our Feb cruise. this will be like $70 free dollars!

No problem. :) I already bought mine today. Just waiting now for them to become validated. The digital ones take longer for some reason. Just like the ones I bought from Carnival back in June. I will probably be able to apply these new ones as payment for one of my cruises in the morning when I call Carnival directly with the e-card numbers.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I signed up and have over 31,000 points. We are on the Freedom in December and final payment is coming up.

We still owe $300 on the cruise so can I buy 3 and redeem them all at once?

Also wondering if I can buy a couple and apply them to my sign and sail when we get onboard?

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I signed up and have over 31,000 points. We are on the Freedom in December and final payment is coming up.

We still owe $300 on the cruise so can I buy 3 and redeem them all at once?

Also wondering if I can buy a couple and apply them to my sign and sail when we get onboard?

They are regular Carnival e-gift cards so you should be able to use the same as if you ordered them off the CCL website.

I just tried to enter my e-card#s as payment for one of our cruises but the website wouldn't take them yet, which is kind of normal for digital cards unless you wait a day for them to go through the system. I was a little anxious so I just called Carnival directly and they processed them for me with no problem and sent me a confirmation of my payment for my booking as well. :)

So.... If you can't get the e-cards to process as payment as quickly as you'd like on the CCL website just call Carnival directly and they can do it for you. :D

I just tried to enter my e-card#s as payment for one of our cruises but the website wouldn't take them yet, which is kind of normal for digital cards unless you wait a day for them to go through the system. I was a little anxious so I just called Carnival directly and they processed them for me with no problem and sent me a confirmation of my payment for my booking as well. :)

So.... If you can't get the e-cards to process as payment as quickly as you'd like on the CCL website just call Carnival directly and they can do it for you. :D

Thanks for the update. It seems like it is safe as it is coming from Verizon and I doubt they would scam their own customers.

Thanks for the update. It seems like it is safe as it is coming from Verizon and I doubt they would scam their own customers.

Yes, completely safe. I just wanted to let everyone know that they worked. :)

Be careful of signing up for that rewards program please.

If you read what you were signing up for, you noticed that it also signed you up for Verizon Selects. That gave them permission to troll through your web browsing on both that computer and your smart phone in order to send you personally targeted advertising.

Giving up that much information to my phone company just doesn't sit right with me.

If you read what you were signing up for, you noticed that it also signed you up for Verizon Selects. That gave them permission to troll through your web browsing on both that computer and your smart phone in order to send you personally targeted advertising.

Giving up that much information to my phone company just doesn't sit right with me.

From what I read, you can contact them afterwards to opt out of that part of the program. You can discontinue participating in that portion of the program or set your preferences at any time by visiting http://www.vzw.com/VerizonSelects.

I did read that and also read that I can opt out at any time. I know I am being targeted all the time anyways. I have been looking to buy a few very specific things lately and have noticed that when I log onto my computer lately there are advertisements specifically targeting me based upon what I have been looking at.

I don't know if this will work for me. It says can not be booked by a ta and I always use a ta (family)

Are you looking at the gift cards or the cruise dollars?

You could always get the gift cards which can be applied to your sign and sail account for tips, drinks shore excursions.....