CCL stock holders

So working the numbers:

100 shares x $52 per share ÷ $100 OBC per 7-day cruise means you'd have to sail 52 times before seeing a benefit (in addition to standard trading income/losses). :eek:

So working the numbers:

100 shares x $52 per share ÷ $100 OBC per 7-day cruise means you'd have to sail 52 times before seeing a benefit (in addition to standard trading income/losses). :eek:

What??? You do know that the stock price goes up and you can make money that way. Also Carnival pay a quarterly dividend so there is more money. Please learn about basic investing before giving information like this.

• Like 2

So working the numbers:

OMG your rationale is absurd! Glad you're not MY broker! :eek:

I've been a shareholder since the stock was trading in the high $20s. In addition to my investment growing I have enjoyed the dividends in addition to the OBC when I've sailed with Carnival and other brands under their umbrella. Of course just as with any investment there is risk involved.

in my wifeys 401K

it was near the high, then dipped a bit and reached the year's high before the plunge a couple days ago

already we got paid the 30 cents a share div for 30 bucks and a 50 dollar on board credit for our 5 day feb cruise, so we are pretty happy about it right now, + we are doing div reinvestment on the shares anyway so no reason to panic if the value dips a bit, you just end up with more!

the benefit also applies to princess, Holland America, I think costa too, and maybe cunard? I got the paperwork on it somewhere

what you do is send a copy of the position from a monthly statement with your acct number blacked out, within a couple months of your next cruise and they credit you within a few hours to a week or so depending on how you sent the info in, most peeps fax it, we mailed our trade confrm in on ours

hope this helps

the benefit also applies to princess, Holland America, I think costa too, and maybe cunard? I got the paperwork on it somewhere

Applies to all Carnival Corp brands worldwide.

• Like 1

JMHO, but I wouldn't be looking at any equities right now. CCL is flyin high like the rest of the market. At this level, chances of a correction are much better than chances of a big gain. Wait until it crashes to open a position. Then your next cruise will be free instead of just $100 OBC.

So working the numbers:

JMHO, but I wouldn't be looking at any equities right now. CCL is flyin high like the rest of the market. At this level, chances of a correction are much better than chances of a big gain. Wait until it crashes to open a position. Then your next cruise will be free instead of just $100 OBC.

It never ceases to amaze me when people post nonsense like this thinking they know that of which they speak.

So working the numbers:

Your view of profit on stocks is the strangest I have ever seen. CCL gives you a $100.00 to 120.00 stock dividend a year. We took 4 cruises in 2015 ($100.00 OBC for each cruise). So that is $500.00 in benefits for owning 100 shares. That is almost a 10% return on investment. Plus we paid 46.00 a share when we bought them, so that is another $600.00 increase in value. Where else can you get that kind of return? AND, you still own the stock. And, if you bought them with IRA pretax dollars, you pay no taxes until you sell them.

It never ceases to amaze me when people post nonsense like this thinking they know that of which they speak.

It never ceases to amaze me someone would visit an internet message board + criticize or attempt to stifle others opinions. That's PRECISELY what message boards are for + it was offered PRECISELY as an opinion.

FREE! with our carnival card!

we blew a cagillion points and sailed on the valor for free, had an extended balcony aft:)

we're already 1/5 the way to another free one! that is to say a 7 day one where we get a great deal and the way redemption works on the card we could still get obc too!:eek:

So working the numbers:

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor, keep your novice, immature comments about stocks and investing to yourself.

You make it appear that you pay the stock price and have to cruise 52 times before you get your money back. Don't you know that the stock has a value and it also pays a quarterly dividend?

So, if you bought the stock at the current price and held it for a year your yield would be 2.20%. However, every time you collect a share holder OBC your yield improves.

I have held CCL for over 6 years and have sailed 17 times since pruchasing the stock. That is 17 times I have recieved an OBC of no less than $50 per cruise. I can tell you that most of my OBC's were over $50 per cruise.

Class is over.

FREE! with our carnival card!

we blew a cagillion points and sailed on the valor for free, had an extended balcony aft:)

we're already 1/5 the way to another free one! that is to say a 7 day one where we get a great deal and the way redemption works on the card we could still get obc too!:eek:

Feels good for sure! We did the same thing but then someone on this board turned us on to the Barclay Arrival card. With this card you get double points on everything and when you redeem your points they give you 5% of them back. The downside is the card is not free I think it is $89 a year although the first year is free.

We charge a lot because I travel for work so it works out good for us.

To say that an investment is not good to buy because it might go down doesn't really make sense. It is true that Carnival is selling at quite a high price right now so if you do not cruise frequently you might want to wait a little while on that purchase. I personally purchased my hundred shares for $38.25 and it's currently selling for $52.05. So the value of my stock has increased by $1380. During this time. I have also received $160 in dividends and $300 in shareholder benefit onboard credit. I will receive an additional $150 in onboard credit for shareholder benefit in February. Which will give me a total gain of $1990. This is a 52% increase in my investment in 20 months. Not too shabby!

Edited by Jana60
  • Thanks 1

but we had redeemed old carnival credit card points when it was juniper, but with our other deals we get on cruises we ended up taking the points for 500 off a couple ncl cruises when we booked under the old plan

when Barclays took over we still have the free card, and had used points many times to redeem against carnival charges, BUT

and this is a big

BUT!

About three years ago I was fiddling with the redemption thingy and saw that on carnival only you got a 3 for 2 redemption above a 100k points! sooooo if you have a 100k or more and a big charge on a cruise, like say 1500 you can pay the whole charge off with that 100k!

when I realized this, I instantly stopped redeeming smaller point awards and just saved em up, finally when we got to 100k we booked the Valor Cruise in the spring and paid the entire amount up front

then we spent the rest of the year building points and by the time we cruised we had enough to pay the whole cruise off in ONE SWELL FOOP!:)

BUT WE DO use that card for just about everything!

no downside really to it, but you don't get that 3 4 2 deal on princess or other carnival brands with the carnival points, ( you might do that with a princess or costa card though?)

Edited by cruise_mojo
c

OMG your rationale is absurd! Glad you're not MY broker! :eek:

I've been a shareholder since the stock was trading in the high $20s. In addition to my investment growing I have enjoyed the dividends in addition to the OBC when I've sailed with Carnival and other brands under their umbrella. Of course just as with any investment there is risk involved.

I have bought and sold Carnival many times over the years making a profit every time. Plus, we have received the $100 OBC on probably 20 cruises between CCL, HAL and Princess, not to mention the quarterly dividend. I never sell until it goes X dividend and always buy it back in time for the next one. It has been a great investment. I trade it in my retirement account so the taxes are deferred too.

Edited by DebJ14
  • Like 1

You'd think they have a crystal ball, wouldn't you? Lol.

I've had my CCL shares for years and wouldn't even think of selling them unless I get in such bad shape I can't step foot on a cruise ship. OMG!

Buy CCL and hold if you're an avid cruiser. Enough said.

What??? You do know that the stock price goes up and you can make money that way. Also Carnival pay a quarterly dividend so there is more money. Please learn about basic investing before giving information like this.

Yeah, but even given the week we have had the CCL stock is riding high. A year ago the price was a bit lower.

I asked the question because I was looking at the carnage this week and then looked at CCL's value. The stock actually held its value ok.

I wish the thought had passed my mind 2 years ago.