FTTF and Shore Excursions Availability

Pitt_Fan412

Hi All - New to cruising and I was curious if anyone could provide any general guideline as to how far in advance FTTF and Shore Excursions will start to show up for a particular cruise?

I've read that FTTF and popular excursions sell out quickly and to 'check often' but I don't want to check every day if there is a general rule of thumb as to when they start to show up (i.e. 6 months, 3 months in advance of sail date).

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. But my question is more specific around the typical time FTTF and other excursions start to show up for a particular cruise. My cruise is April 2017, should I except them to pop up any time or is it typical to say 6 months in advance as an example.

I can certainly check every day, but if excursions only start showing XX amount of time before a cruise, it doesn't make sense to check before then.

Thanks. But my question is more specific around the typical time FTTF and other excursions start to show up for a particular cruise. My cruise is April 2017, should I except them to pop up any time or is it typical to say 6 months in advance as an example.

I can certainly check every day, but if excursions only start showing XX amount of time before a cruise, it doesn't make sense to check before then.

I read this on another thread and it was told that in March or April the excursion contracts the the vendors will be finalized for the cruises next year and should appear on your shore excursions at that point. I am booked for April 22, 2017 and there is only 1 appearing so far.

This is based on my own personal experience. We typically book our cruise about 12 -14 months in advance (using Early Saver). For our upcoming cruise this May, we booked it in May of last year. FTTF didn't become available until about 4 or 5 weeks after we booked the cruise. It was probably about another 3 weeks before excursions were available. This might vary a little, but on average, this is how it usually works out for us.

KGB and Beachbum - thank you. I realize it will vary from cruise to cruise but this helps. Thanks!!

KGB - I'm on 4/2/17 and I have no excursions showing yet. Thanks!!!

By the way, we're booked on the Vista 4/8/17, and nothing's been posted yet for this one either. My guess is there won't be anything before the end of this March or the first of April.

Edited by beachbum53

Currently available through end of 2016, then by this May-June- all 2017, then by May June- all 2018.........etc.

This probably only applies to contract renewals with excursion vendors. The FTTF for each cruise will probably be posted much sooner.

My cruise is April of this year and FTTF showed up in June of 2015. There was talk here on CC that a lot of the 2016 FTTFs were going to be released then, so keep your eyes on the boards and check the excursions every now and then.

We booked our cruse last may for this coming September we didn't know about FTTF then when I learned it was closed. I been checking about 10 times a day for few months. Yesterday morning one of our dogs was just barking over and over would not shut up so I figured I would just get up since not going to get any sleep. Good thing I did it was 345am I went to computer and decided to check and was surprised it was open so I grabbed one right fast. It stayed open for about 15 to 20 minuites and then closed up again. So I am happy she didn't stop barking I would have missed it

I had asked this question earlier. For all of our Carnival cruises, we've always booked at least a year if not more in advance. Our upcoming cruise on the Conquest for Feb,2017 is the first cruise that there isn't any excursions listed yet. Some only had a few then added more as it got closer, but this one has none.

I keep checking every day and every day it says they are working on it.