Economy comfort

Memlin

Has anyone flown economy comfort (Delta) on a long flight? We have only done it on a domestic flight. I'm sure the seats don't recline much or do they? Trying to decide since the flights are so expensive. Thanks in advance!

My husband flew in the left bulkhead (window) seat from Paris to Seattle. Said it was great, and that we should never bother to pay for first/business class again if we can get those seats. If you can get either side, there are only 2 seats (so no middle seat), and the leg room on those bulkhead seats is amazing. You don't recline any more than a regular coach seat, but the leg room truly is amazing.

Another option is to get an exit row, if you are a Medallion member and can get one assigned ahead of time.

I think the answer is so dependent upon the person and the configuration of the aircraft. I'm a small person and easily withstood a 15 hour flight from Dubai to Dulles last November in a bulkhead seat in United Economy Plus. Also the restrooms were plentiful and nearby.

We came back on UA from L.A. to Dulles last month and that flight was miserable with 3 seats across, even in Economy Plus. The restrooms were always occupied!

Also it's a lot easier for me to sleep in BC than economy; so I'd at least go overnight in BC.

I love it!!! Been a Delta flyer for 15+ years; Economy Comfort (now Delta Comfort+) is the first "improvement" that I found worth the cost. We are on 16 hour flight to JNB next month, maybe I will change my story.

Marc

Worth it, but beware of the bulkhead if the galley area or exit is nearby. We had this configuration twice during overnights to Europe. Passengers tend to congregate there...one time for an impromptu yoga session, one time as a makeshift bar lounge. geesh!

Thanks for all the advice! We have booked economy comfort for the domestic part and got an amazing business class price for the 14 hr leg of the trip. Our problem now is that we are waitlisted for the cruise. The tickets are refundable though, so that won't be a problem. It was certainly good to know the part about the front section of economy comfort!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that this is dependent on who's flying - as a retired military member, I can tolerate the economy/economy+ flights more easily than can my wife, a frequent business traveler. I tend to try and look at length of the flight, aircraft type, etc. when making my decision on whether to upgrade whereas by better half looks at is an almost required upgrade.

Of course, when Regent is running their $299 upgrade fares, it's a no-brainer to take the Business Class option! :D