June 6 London to Copenhagen

SHARHARR

Hello:

We are flying into Southampton from Philadelphia to arrive on Friday, June 5 and staying in Southampton at the Hilton that night. I found a very responsive, reasonable transfer company from Heathrow (or Gatwick) down to Southampton and also got good information on the Titanic museum for that Saturday morning before we board.

Would love to chat with someone else taking this cruise. It is always so nice to "meet" fellow travelers before we get on board. This is our third Regent cruise...second on the Voyager.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

You'll probably get better feedback if you post on your roll call over on that section of CC. If there's not one started, why not start one.

Have a fine voyage.

Hi Sharon. We do have a roll call for this cruise. Only 3 couple so far. Please join us. We are Irene and Joe from South Florida. We are spending the night of June 5th in London at the Mayfair Hotel and taking a Regent shuttle to the ship on June 6th. It is also our 3rd Regent cruise and our /no on Voyager.

Irene

Hi Irene:

Good to hear from you. I don't take the Regent hotel/transfers because we usually want to do our own thing and I try to use my points, which I'm doing at the Southampton Hilton. By eliminating their transfers and hotel, I save hundreds of dollars. I've been to London many times because of work and travel.

These threads are a pain, so if you want to contact me directly, my email is sharonhar@aol.com.

We are coming from South Jersey and know loads of people in South Florida. Where do you live?

Looking forward to meeting you. By the way, where is your cabin?

Regards,

Sharon

• 3 weeks later...

We will be arriving early at Heathrow and taking a transfer to Southampton. Having not cruised out of Southampton before, I'm curious as to what Regent does with us while we wait to board? Does anyone know? By the way, I also signed up for the roll call.

I don't know if they do anything. We never use their transfer and just show up by 3 and then board. I know we depart later than other cruises, so there may be more afternoon time free. But, they usually allow boarding a few hours ahead and so you can unpack, etc. and get something to eat. One thing they do is feed you.

Sharon