Won a 'free' cruise on the raffle drawing

justlaff69

Hi, we got luck and won a 'free' cruise with the raffle tickets sold during the cruise. Has anyone else ever had to deal with redeeming the certificate?

They gave us some paper work where we had to select 3 different sail dates and fax the form. Before we get started dealing with Carnival, we wanted to know if we could call someone and select a cruise that way.

It's based on availability, so what are our chances on using it for an Alaskan cruise in May? The cruise is for 2, do you think they would let us add a third?

Hi, we got luck and won a 'free' cruise with the raffle tickets sold during the cruise. Has anyone else ever had to deal with redeeming the certificate?

They gave us some paper work where we had to select 3 different sail dates and fax the form. Before we get started dealing with Carnival, we wanted to know if we could call someone and select a cruise that way.

It's based on availability, so what are our chances on using it for an Alaskan cruise in May? The cruise is for 2, do you think they would let us add a third?

If the certificate doesn't exclude Alaska then I'm sure that you can make that one of your selections, but my guess is that they are going to have accomodations on the least expensive cruise you have listed.

Do they not ask for 3 desired destinations? If it's just the dates you get to choose then there probably isn't much luck.

A 3rd person can probably be added at the appropriate rate, but I would call and speak to someone about your questions before I submitted the paperwork.

My sister won a free cruise one time but we could select any sailing on any ship so it wasn't nearly as limited as what they are doing now.

:D

congradulations

I've won two free cruises but not recently

When I won the drawing was for a free Carribean cruise that was how it was advertised when you bought the tickets.

Some ships were excluded and only a Carribean cruise was allowed.

We tried to do a New England cruise and they would not let us.

Also the Destiny was new then and was excluded but I called Carnival

and they let us go on the Destiny but we had to give up the suite for

a balcony . So I'd say it would be worth a call to Carnival, we got really good answers.

Bill

My inlaws one the raffle a couple years ago.

1) You are going to have to report it on your taxes. They will send you a tax form in the mail. It will be for the taxes on the year you take the trip.

2) Yes you can add a third, that's what my inlaws did. You get to add the at the third person rate for the cruise.

3) They got to do a thanksgiving week cruise and that's high demand so I'm sure Alaska will be a definite possibility.

Congrats

Congratulations!! My husband won the free cruise raffle on our 4-day Elation cruise in Jan 09. The certificate was valid for an ocean view, 2 people, on a 4-5 day cruise. We wanted to take a 5day cruise w/ our two children. We filled out the "3 choices" form with a request to downgrade to an inside (to save $$) and add the children.

They simply added the extra fees for the kids and subtracted the difference from OV to inside. My guess is they would do something similar if you wanted to take a longer cruise than the certificate indicates. If I recall, there was a spot on the botton fo fill out special requests. The end result was that we basically got around $600 (estimating -- can't remember exactly) off the cruise because they can't gift the taxes/fees.

Bottom line -- call the number for free cruises and see what they have to say(I think the phone number was on the certificate. I know it was a specific number -- regular customer service couldn't answer my questions).

Hi,

I won three cruises on three different occasions while on a Carnival cruise. They were for two people, ocean view on any ship for a maximum amount of days as the ship I was on at the time. I did use one for Alaska and sailed north for seven days mid July, upgraded to a balcony for a nominal fee and had a wonderful time with my son. We did have to pay the taxes and other charges and I had to report it to the IRS. I called the Carnival number and talked to the department that handles cruises that were won. They were very kind in offering to answer any questions. I did have to send in a paper with three date choice and in all instances got my first choice date.

My husband and I have won 2 of these in the last year and I just booked the second one on Dec 7th. You fill out the paperwork and put your top 3 cruises of choice in the order of preference. If they have the available 6A cabin on your first choice you will get it. If you want to add 3rd and/or 4th person fill their info in on the paper and they will add them at the 3/4 person rate for that cruise (If you want to know how much before you add them put in the special instructions to have someone call you before they complete the booking and they will call while they are working on it.)

If you want to uprade to a balcony you should be able to by just paying the difference (it's not necessarily what is online as the difference, they will need to tell you when they call you about your booking)

You can add 1 day to your cruise. so if you win up to five day - you can pay for a 6th. If you win up to a 7 day - you can pay for an 8th. If the Alaska cruise is for 8 days or less you will be able to book it as long as they have cabins available.

You will have to pay taxes and port fees and report the "value" of the cruise as income on your taxes. the only blacked out sailings are Christmas and New Years and you have 12 months to use it. If you email carnival from their website any questions someone from the "Bingo winner cruise" department will email your or call you back.

Let me know if you have any other questions and congrats!!!! Everything will go smoothly....enjoy : )

I too have won the free cruise raffle. You need to select the three sailings you would like. It is not specific to Caribbean or Mexico, so yes you can use it for Alaska.

This is also what I learned:

If you want to upgrade it to a balcony, you can do that! You will have to pay the difference betweena 6A and the category you choose. I paid $400 to upgrade to a balcony on Deck 6 midship.

If you ask for a cabin in a specific area, even a specific cabin, anything is possible. I asked for a midship balcony cabin near the elevators and I got it!!!!!

Congratulations on the win and enjoy your free cruise!!!!!!

You have to play the "Win a Cruise Bingo" or buy the raffle tickets to win. You wouldn't believe how many people I've told that I won three times and their answer is usually, "Yeah, but the odds are terrible". Afterwards I ask if they played and the answer is usually "No, I never win". I always play for the free cruise even if I don't play anything else. So play, and good luck. Hope you win.

We just booked our free cruise that we won on the Oct 3 sailing of the Splendor.

We had to book thru Carnival and fax in 3 choices ( got our first choice)

Going to Alaska in July

Had to pay the taxes and added our son for a reduced 3rd person rate

You can upgrade for an additional fee

Any questions feel free to ask

We just booked our free cruise that we won on the Oct 3 sailing of the Splendor.

We had to book thru Carnival and fax in 3 choices ( got our first choice)

Going to Alaska in July

Had to pay the taxes and added our son for a reduced 3rd person rate

You can upgrade for an additional fee

Any questions feel free to ask

Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked, Alaska in May-Cost 667.00 That was taxes and port fees and a 3rd person added.

We check room availabilty online and requested a specific stateroom and got it!!!

What's amazing is the quick response, I faxed the form at 8:17 am and got my confirmation at 2:30pm that day.

Had to email them today to correct a name error, that was done within the hour.

Now I'm trying get them to let me use my future cruise certificate so I can get the $100.00 on board credit, am I askin too much...hehehehe

Now I'm trying get them to let me use my future cruise certificate so I can get the $100.00 on board credit, am I askin too much...hehehehe

Yes .. asking too much on a fully paid cruise, because they cant take off $100 that you didnt pay .. or apply it only to taxes etc.

I have some group cruises that I cant use the FCCs on either. .. but I CAN get stock holders credit of $100 on a 7 day.

Archived