A Big THANK YOU!

sakigemcam

To the experts on these boards - I learned about the Maya Chan resort here this weekend and have already made reservations for March 2018. It is the PERFECT destination for us and I'm already communicating with the owner whose story is fascinating!

Just a note of appreciation for those of you who contribute your knowledge and expertise here. Similar experience for Cozumel but I have to say I'm most excited about this one!

:D

• 4 weeks later...

I agree!! I'm already booked for Feb 2019!! I wasn't sure if it would be too early to book, but being Presidents' Week I didn't want to risk waiting too long. It was not a problem.

And I'd put in comments that I am gluten-free but felt like the food other than the tortillas and possibly chips (because they looked like they were fried up flour tortillas) and they replied that it's not a problem - they have corn tortillas and chips!

Super excited for this adventure!!

How much is it per adult?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$59/adult. All-inclusive - transportation to and from via cab, the palapa, food, drinks, equipment. The only thing that costs extra is a massage - $25/a half hour and $45/hour if you want that. They apparently come around to see if you want one - no reservations for that in advance.

Thanks Written. I will be booking them to night then.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

You're welcome! I wasn't sure they'd take a reservation so early, but reading how limited it is I don't mind paying them $10 now to reserve it. Just to note, that may be per person - I'm solo, so mine was only $10. Still better than having the whole amount tied up.

Thanks for all of the info. I just sent a reservation request and received what looks like an automated response. There was a picture is this the one that is "our" spot or will that come later? Dang I am 295 days a way from sailing and cant wait. :cool:

Again thanks everyone!

Thanks for all of the info. I just sent a reservation request and received what looks like an automated response. There was a picture is this the one that is "our" spot or will that come later? Dang I am 295 days a way from sailing and cant wait. :cool:

Again thanks everyone!

I think that is just the picture on the email that they received your request. I sent my request at night and the next day got an email with my info, the price, and the info they provided about gluten-free with other pictures and guest information and a request to email them back if that met my needs and I wanted to reserve. Once I did that, an hour or so later I got the invoice that links to PayPal for the deposit. :)

They seem very helpful!

And ha!! I know the feeling! My cruise that goes to Costa Maya is *only* 559 days away. LOL. But I think the Edge will be worth the wait!

It is great to read posts from those who just discovered Maya Chan and have read from those who have been there what a wonderful place it is.

Our next 2018 visit is maybe the 9th time (Mark the owner will know as he keeps track) going there. We have never returned anywhere 9 times while on vacation.

From the time you get off the ship-smile. You are in for one good day.

You walk to the meeting place and are placed in a taxi. You travel through the town and are on solid roads. Interesting sites along the way.

Once you get off into the sandy, pitted road hang on!

You will get there and be warmly welcomed likely by David- a very special person who makes everyone have a special time.

They cannot do enough to get you settled; have you try any drink selections through the day; eat a wonderful lunch and enjoy the warmth and water.

I know that sea grass is not a favorite and depending on winds, you might see very little. If you want to snorkel in clear water, get out to the reef. They do work all day if grass is floating into the beach to remove it.

This is among my best memories. I am floating in one of their inflated chair floats in total peace and someone on a paddle board stops to ask for my drink order. This does not happen in my own pool! It never happened while working!

Sure enough, delivery of drinks to all arrive and the floating in calm waters looking at beautiful skies continues.

Then-you have to leave?!?

They make sure all have taxis back to the port in time to set sail. OK- my plot to return begins....

Great place and you will all enjoy.

It is great to read posts from those who just discovered Maya Chan and have read from those who have been there what a wonderful place it is.

Our next 2018 visit is maybe the 9th time (Mark the owner will know as he keeps track) going there. We have never returned anywhere 9 times while on vacation.

From the time you get off the ship-smile. You are in for one good day.

You walk to the meeting place and are placed in a taxi. You travel through the town and are on solid roads. Interesting sites along the way.

Once you get off into the sandy, pitted road hang on!

You will get there and be warmly welcomed likely by David- a very special person who makes everyone have a special time.

They cannot do enough to get you settled; have you try any drink selections through the day; eat a wonderful lunch and enjoy the warmth and water.

I know that sea grass is not a favorite and depending on winds, you might see very little. If you want to snorkel in clear water, get out to the reef. They do work all day if grass is floating into the beach to remove it.

This is among my best memories. I am floating in one of their inflated chair floats in total peace and someone on a paddle board stops to ask for my drink order. This does not happen in my own pool! It never happened while working!

Sure enough, delivery of drinks to all arrive and the floating in calm waters looking at beautiful skies continues.

Then-you have to leave?!?

They make sure all have taxis back to the port in time to set sail. OK- my plot to return begins....

Great place and you will all enjoy.

I can't Wait!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so glad I found this thread. Our cruise was diverted west with 40ish days before sailing and I was feeling disappointed until I was able to find some really great excursions here. I was able to snag a reservation for Mayan Chan and my family is so excited about going there. Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their stories and recommendations.

• 2 months later...