govenors beach question - taxi

timelordjason

i know it isnt hard getting a taxi from port but once we are at govenors beach how hard is it getting a taxi back? i was told on another forum tat the taxis wont come back to get you if you say come back at a certain time and i seriously do not want to be stuck there and miss the ship. so how do we plan for this properly? I do not want to spend 90 bucks on a golf cart so please do not suggest it.

Governors beach is a 10- 15 minute walk from the pier. 2 minutes by taxi. There's no facilities there. Nice beach, but you can easily get there and back on your own.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

everyting i ave read says you cant walk up the coast to it cause of a couple of other piers and if you walk te road there is no sidewalks and its a mile and a half

I don't think it's that far. It's less than 1/2 way between the cruise port and Cockburntown. And it's a little over 2Klicks from Cockburntown (that's around 1.6 miles) . Yes you can't walk the beach the whole way. but you can walk the beach to Jacks and then head out to the main road. No sidewalks, but wide enough shoulders.

Or you can pay $8 per person for a taxi round trip. But be sure to arrange for the driver to come and pick you up. Because there's really nothing there but a secluded beach and some snorkeling on your own, most cruisers hang out for less than a couple of hours.

If you ask, the taxi will come back for you...it is worth the stop, quiet and peaceful. Yep, no facilities (just restrooms) but we enjoyed ourselves.

ok thank you guys so much. I was told on another forum that taxis wont come back and cant be trusted and i need ot rent a golf cart. Really didnt want to just to go there. thank you so very much

We have been to Governors twice. We take a taxi there then walk back. When we get to jacks shack we cut across to the beach and finish the walk back to the ship. The first picture below will give you a feel for the walk back. You aren't just walking on the highway. The second picture is the view from Jacks.

5f6c7d7751cb6ed78d323fd3934fe038.jpg67c29284b0ef84d09ea1c3061cd7a5c3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to Governors twice. We take a taxi there then walk back. When we get to jacks shack we cut across to the beach and finish the walk back to the ship. The first picture below will give you a feel for the walk back. You aren't just walking on the highway. The second picture is the view from Jacks.

5f6c7d7751cb6ed78d323fd3934fe038.jpg67c29284b0ef84d09ea1c3061cd7a5c3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where did you catch the taxi for the ride there?

Governors is amazing and so beautiful and secluded. We had a wonderful day (although we rented a golf cart because we spent a day roaming the island and hitting up the beaches). I have a complete review in my signature line if you are interested. There's tons of pictures of the beach there.