Pacific Eden interior cabins bathrooms

Looking to book cruise on Eden with elderly parents. Have read that the showers are over baths ! Can anyone who has been on Pacific Eden in an Interior or Oceanview cabin tell me what their bathroom had - Shower recess or shower over bath ?

Have been getting conflicting answers from P&O and other websites !!

Thanks in advance

Looking to book cruise on Eden with elderly parents. Have read that the showers are over baths ! Can anyone who has been on Pacific Eden in an Interior or Oceanview cabin tell me what their bathroom had - Shower recess or shower over bath ?

Have been getting conflicting answers from P&O and other websites !!

Thanks in advance

We cruised a few times on Eden last year in 2 different Oceanview cabins and 2 different Balconies and they all had a shower over a bath but the interior room that my uncle had was a shower only - no bath. I believe all interior cabins have the shower only.

Hope this helps :)

adele.

Thanks Adele for your reply. we are taking 3 elderly family members on their 1st cruise and dont want any accidents trying to have a shower haha . Did you enjoy your cruise on the Eden ? there are certainly some not good reports around !

I also believe that all oceanview cabins have the shower over the bath (ours certainly did) BUT there are some "accessible/disabled" cabins that have been modified on deck 6 (2) and deck 4 (4). I understand that these have plenty of grab rails and may be suitable for you. I do believe that all interior cabins only have a shower if you don't get claustrophobic.

Check out deck plans that mark the modified cabins and see if they are available. Good luck. :)

thanks Ondine for the information on the accessible cabins, I will have a look. am finding it frustrating as have spoken to two different people at P&O today neither of whom could give me a straight answer. Thanks again :)

Thanks Adele for your reply. we are taking 3 elderly family members on their 1st cruise and dont want any accidents trying to have a shower haha . Did you enjoy your cruise on the Eden ? there are certainly some not good reports around !

Yep, we sure enjoyed our time on the Eden, in fact my husband and myself are going on her again soon (September)! It is a smaller ship but once on board I didn't feel like I was on a small ship as it seemed spacious enough. The public areas were tastefully decorated, the staff were wonderful and we definitely had a relaxing holiday. Food was generally tasty though we are pretty easy pleased!

One thing to note, only balcony cabins and above have fridges so if anyone in your party requires a fridge for medications for example (as my mother did) you can organise this prior to the cruise and the fridge will be in your cabin on arrival. Also, one of the cabins we had didn't have very good air conditioning so my husband went down to reception to enquire about a pedestal fan and they sent up a mobile air conditioner!!! i thought that was wonderful!

My elderly mother has mobility problems (bit unstable on her feet and lung problems) so she had a 4 wheelie walker with her and she did have a bit of trouble getting into the bath (only because it has a high edge) but there are well placed secure hand rails that are helpful, they also have a rubber bath mat which my mother found she didn't require. I think mum mentioned something about a step, not sure if the steward offered this to her or what but that may be something to keep in mind if any family are having trouble...though having said that I'm pretty sure if they are in interior cabins they will only have the shower cubicle so shouldn't have any trouble.

Pacific Eden is a lovely ship, I hope you all have a great holiday :)

Hi DaisyMia I have just been looking at my deck plans for Pac Eden and I cannot guarantee that they are correct but there seem to be Modified and also Wheelchair accessible cabins. Please see below:

Modified Accessible - Shower only with smaller step into bathroom, standard interior and Oceanview door. Cabins 4227 and 4231 OE category with window or 5006 and 5007OP category with porthole or 5091 OA category/window. There seems to be 2 balcony modified – 9186 and 9190 plus 1 mini suite – 10058.

Wheelchair Accessible Room: Wide doorways, no thresholds into the bathroom and more handrails around the bathroom. Cabins 4010, 4011, 4014, 4015, - OP category cabins with porthole or 6182 and 6183OV category on promenade deck. I would steer clear of 6183 because it is near where the smoking area is on deck 6.

OP and OV are the cheapest of windows/portholes. I hope this helps somewhat. Be aware that even numbers are on port side and odd numbers are on starboard side if you are trying to get cabins next to each other. Except for the mini suite the cabins only take twin beds or queensize.

Hope this helps

Hi, We had an ocean view cabin deck 5 on a trip to PNG. It had a shower over bath. My mum has knees that dont bend to well and the bath was up quiet high. Having said this you could sit and swing legs in. Had great ideas to fill the bath and soak but thought we'd get wedged (they are narrow) There are handrails and base was not slippery. The loo also has a handrail to aid getting up if needed. Eden is a lovely ship and it was nice travelling with 3 that there was no bunk above queen rather the couch became a 'proper bed'. The top deck has a terrific viewing area with huge angled glass windows to catch coming into and leaving port. Have fun!