Question for bonnie from a very nervous passenger

rabin1

Bonnie

I am on the April 26,2018 Dubai to Athens cruise on Journey. This will also be my first time on Azamara. I know the decisions made on the TA were as I posted on one thread way above your pay grade I have a question.

I am nervous as heck. I have already paid for my hotel, airfare etc.

Is there any chance what happened to the TA could happen to my cruise?? I would like to know one way or the other as I am very very nervous. I did cap the B in Bonnie it did not take sorry

Thank you

Kathy

The cancellations that have happened recently have been on cruises that are well over a year away, so people will not have booked air transport for them. As far as I can see it's very uncommon for cruises to change when they are less than a year away, unless the cruise company judges that a port or ports would be unsafe (many companies changed away from Istanbul after a couple of bombs went off there).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The cancellations that have happened recently have been on cruises that are well over a year away, so people will not have booked air transport for them. As far as I can see it's very uncommon for cruises to change when they are less than a year away, unless the cruise company judges that a port or ports would be unsafe (many companies changed away from Istanbul after a couple of bombs went off there).

Thank you but that does not answer my question. I want a definitive answer from someone working for Azamara not a speculative answer. I do wish however it was going to Istanbul and not Athens........lol

Thanks again

Kathy

Thank you but that does not answer my question. I want a definitive answer from someone working for Azamara not a speculative answer. I do wish however it was going to Istanbul and not Athens........lol

Thanks again

Kathy

No cruise is ever guaranteed, things happen, however your cruise is part of the well publicised and much media hyped event the World Cruise so its extremely unlikely to be subject to chartering. It can still be subject to other operational changes just as any cruise can (caused by weather, political, mechanical issues etc)

No cruise is ever guaranteed, things happen, however your cruise is part of the well publicised and much media hyped event the World Cruise so its extremely unlikely to be subject to chartering. It can still be subject to other operational changes just as any cruise can (caused by weather, political, mechanical issues etc)

Thank you. You and Grandma know I am a nervous Nelly. I just don;t want to happen to me what happened to you poor souls.

Thanks again to you both

Kathy

Hello Kathy,

I can't imagine a situation wherein your April 2018 voyage from Dubai to Piraeus would not operate as scheduled. As mentioned by others, it is part of our 102-day World Journey, which has many people booked for its entirety.

Also, we HAVE to get the ship to Europe for her summer voyages so no chance of a re-routing.

I think you can rest assured your spectacular voyage will sail as planned.

It really should be spectacular...I'm not just using 'marketing speak'! I've always wanted to transit the Suez Canal. I look forward to your cruise review of it.

You should be aware that Safaga port stop may be cancelled. It was scheduled for my April 2014 suez canal cruise, and cancelled about a month before sail date. Safaga was off the schedule for several years after that. I am not sure if that stop has been made since 2013. Can someone can tell me?

Hello Kathy,

I can't imagine a situation wherein your April 2018 voyage from Dubai to Piraeus would not operate as scheduled. As mentioned by others, it is part of our 102-day World Journey, which has many people booked for its entirety.

Also, we HAVE to get the ship to Europe for her summer voyages so no chance of a re-routing.

I think you can rest assured your spectacular voyage will sail as planned.

It really should be spectacular...I'm not just using 'marketing speak'! I've always wanted to transit the Suez Canal. I look forward to your cruise review of it.

Thank you Bonnie, Grandma, Utog & Leo I am having surgery in about 2 and half weeks and this will take a little stress off of me..................lol

Kathy

You should be aware that Safaga port stop may be cancelled. It was scheduled for my April 2014 suez canal cruise, and cancelled about a month before sail date. Safaga was off the schedule for several years after that. I am not sure if that stop has been made since 2013. Can someone can tell me?

We docked at Safaga on the Quest in November 2014.

Stopped there in May, no issues. Toured Valley of the Kings and Temples of Karnak. Spectacular!

Phil

Leo, we docked in Safaga in November 2014. The port wasn't fabulous in itself, but the trip to Luxor was unforgettable.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stopped there in May, no issues. Toured Valley of the Kings and Temples of Karnak. Spectacular!

Phil

It was indeed. I would recommend to anyone to do that trip and we had no concerns about how we were being looked after that day.

It was indeed. I would recommend to anyone to do that trip and we had no concerns about how we were being looked after that day.

How exactly were you looked after? I am assuming you mean security wise? Also how many per bus please?

Thank you

Kathy

Thanks again

Kathy

You are not going to get a definitive answer from any cruise company - ever. The only responsibility that the cruise company has to you is in your cruise contract which you probably should not read.

DON

How exactly were you looked after? I am assuming you mean security wise? Also how many per bus please?

Thank you

Kathy

We were looked after very well. I did not do a headcount on the bus but it was a comfortable journey with a most knowledgeable guide. We had no security concerns.

That's right, we were on that, from Mumbai to Athens and we went to Eilat, Israel instead of Egypt because there had been a bit of fighting so Azamara changed the itinerary.

You sound like you are very new to causing... Stuff happens, weather causes schedule changes, ports are changed for security reasons. The sea can be a wonderful, and at times, cruel mistress.

Azamara cruise August 2016 departure was changed from Istanbul to Piraeus (Athens) following civil unrest in Istanbul. Azamara refunded hotel costs and airline change fees. Mumbai-Athens April 2014 Azamara rescheduled from Safari to Eilat/Aqaba during period of political unrest in Egypt. Added a day excursion to Jerusalem and enabled visits to Petra and Wadi Rum. Onboard security was increased during the transit across the Northern Arabian Sea and Gulf of Aden between Dubai and the entrance to the Red Sea. Transit of the Suez is not to be missed.

You are likely safer at sea on Azamara than in Florida near Mar-a-Lago! Enjoy the trip where ever it takes you.

Mumbai-Athens April 2014 Azamara rescheduled from Safari to Eilat/Aqaba during period of political unrest in Egypt. Added a day excursion to Jerusalem and enabled visits to Petra and Wadi Rum. .

I totally agree with everything you said except in April 2014 Aquaba (Petra/Wadi rum) was already on the schedule. They traded Safaga for Eilat and added tours to Jersuleum/Masada from there. Just don't want anyone to think we got two ports added for the one removed. Still it was very disappointing, but things happen and I accepted the change.

You sound like you are very new to causing... Stuff happens, weather causes schedule changes, ports are changed for security reasons. The sea can be a wonderful, and at times, cruel mistress.

Azamara cruise August 2016 departure was changed from Istanbul to Piraeus (Athens) following civil unrest in Istanbul. Azamara refunded hotel costs and airline change fees. Mumbai-Athens April 2014 Azamara rescheduled from Safari to Eilat/Aqaba during period of political unrest in Egypt. Added a day excursion to Jerusalem and enabled visits to Petra and Wadi Rum. Onboard security was increased during the transit across the Northern Arabian Sea and Gulf of Aden between Dubai and the entrance to the Red Sea. Transit of the Suez is not to be missed.

You are likely safer at sea on Azamara than in Florida near Mar-a-Lago! Enjoy the trip where ever it

takes you.

Nope not new to cruising. I am actually Diamond Plus on RCCL. I was not referring to the things that cannot be controlled as you mentioned. What I am referring to is could it happen to my cruise like what Azamara did to the TA. Bonnie and others answered so I am comfortable for now............I think..............lol

Thanks

Kathy