Sneaking Beer on Board

redhawk94

I do agree some of these posts would be better not to be posted. I do also see CruiseKS has asked a question with you jumping in and not being helpful what-so-ever. If you can’t be of help, why do you need to berate someone? CruiseKS did not ask your opinion, just asked a very specific question that you, evidently, can’t answer.

Your high moral ground is worthless in this case.

The question is about smuggling - trying to cheat the Iine by not abiding by thei clear terms of the deal the passenger makes with the line. Forget your "high moral ground" being worthless BS. I have a legitimate interest: if enough people successfully cheat by smuggling, the lines will try to make up the lost revenue by raising my fare or the on board charges.

Every time some sleazebag cheats, a lot of other people pay. When someone files fraudulent insurance claims, other premium payers pay more. When someone cheats on their taxes, other tax payers pay.

If some wannabe wise guy wants to keep money in his pocket by (admittedly indirectly) taking it out of someone else's that someone else has every right to protest.

I know I'm not likely to convince a chiseler to not chisel - but I sure have the right to comment on it. I am not obligated to "be of help", as you put it.

Here is how I would go about it.

Let's think this through. 2 cases is 48 cans, weight wise, what are we talking about? Maybe 20lbs? Not sure, I drink out of bottles with corks in them. 20 lbs is too much to cart around needlessly, so I'm thinking the purchase needs to be made as close to dockside as possible. If it were me, I'd go 4 twelvers. I wouldn't bother with them being cold either. They're going to sweat.

Ok, now I have 4 12 packs. We're going to want to spread those around to lessen the chance of detection. So I need at least 4 bags. Hopefully you're not traveling alone. I usually only have one big bag and a messenger bag. (I'm hip like that) 4 bags gives us better odds of getting at least one twelve pack through.

Ok so, at the pier, but out of sight of security, open the 4 bags, and then open the 12 packs and distribute cans randomly. One big lump is too obvious. Then, repack the bags.

Next, I would make a deal with a random fellow passenger, preferably somebody with some sweet tats. Those bro's are always down for schenanagins.

Switch some of your bags and luggage tags with them, and coordinate a rendezvous at a later time. You could let them in on a piece of the action for the trouble. Now we've introduced even more randomization. Gotta get at least one of those babies through.

Then, surreptitiously put a knife in the carry on of the person in front of you. When that gets checked (if they are checking) it will give security both a distraction and a "win". They'll be less scrutiny for you.

As soon as it is time for your little band to go through, have somebody fake a medical emergency. Something noisy, but not too bad that they go all 911. Mild seizures usually work for this, blame the heat. (If you want to step up your game hire a non-cruising stranger for this part, then they can get transported away. Gives you more time. )

With that much randomization, and the two distractions, you've got a chance.

Or, just buy a fracking beverage package. That works too.

Not a big liquor fan, so I was wanting some tips on how to bring beer on board. Can you just unload the cans into your checked baggage or do you have to be more discreet than that. I'm going on a Carnival Cruise if that helps. Already know about the fridge pack idea. But I was thinking of something that involved a little more bulk (2 cases) spread out over four bags.

... Can you just unload the cans into your checked baggage...

I think I would worry about my clothes getting soaked when the beer is poured into the baggage. Unless you are talking about having one suitcase that you transform into a roll-on keg. If that is the suggestion, I would think that the sloshing sounds would arouse suspicion.

Of course you could just buy your beer on board like most people do, that would be easier.

I can do Miller Lite. With the plastic caps they should go right through in my check in bags, right.

You are going through all this for Miller Lite. I thought that you were bringing beer. Miller Lite is not beer. If you are going through all that effort to smuggle beer on board, at least bring some decent tasting real beer.

DON

I don't condone smuggling, but we do bring ginger ale with us. 4 12 packs. (we take longer cruises) I have a suit case that fits these 12 packs exactly. The difference is I bubble wrap each 12 pack, put them in the case surrounded by bubble wrap and put a luggage tag on them. I have never had anything leak out. The other advantage is since we live in FL we drive to the port. Before we leave home we order a bottle of liquor from the ship, it is always waiting in our cabin when we arrive and we are good to go. Lots of days we sit and read in our room with a drink, always have a drink as we dress for dinner and usually have a night cap before we go to bed.

Here is how I would go about it.

Let's think this through. 2 cases is 48 cans, weight wise, what are we talking about? Maybe 20lbs? Not sure, I drink out of bottles with corks in them. 20 lbs is too much to cart around needlessly, so I'm thinking the purchase needs to be made as close to dockside as possible. If it were me, I'd go 4 twelvers. I wouldn't bother with them being cold either. They're going to sweat.

Ok, now I have 4 12 packs. We're going to want to spread those around to lessen the chance of detection. So I need at least 4 bags. Hopefully you're not traveling alone. I usually only have one big bag and a messenger bag. (I'm hip like that) 4 bags gives us better odds of getting at least one twelve pack through.

Ok so, at the pier, but out of sight of security, open the 4 bags, and then open the 12 packs and distribute cans randomly. One big lump is too obvious. Then, repack the bags.

Next, I would make a deal with a random fellow passenger, preferably somebody with some sweet tats. Those bro's are always down for schenanagins.

Switch some of your bags and luggage tags with them, and coordinate a rendezvous at a later time. You could let them in on a piece of the action for the trouble. Now we've introduced even more randomization. Gotta get at least one of those babies through.

Then, surreptitiously put a knife in the carry on of the person in front of you. When that gets checked (if they are checking) it will give security both a distraction and a "win". They'll be less scrutiny for you.

As soon as it is time for your little band to go through, have somebody fake a medical emergency. Something noisy, but not too bad that they go all 911. Mild seizures usually work for this, blame the heat. (If you want to step up your game hire a non-cruising stranger for this part, then they can get transported away. Gives you more time. )

With that much randomization, and the two distractions, you've got a chance.

Or, just buy a fracking beverage package. That works too.

Ahhhhhhhahahahaha!

I laughed, I cried, I'd buy YOU a beer!

Anyone tried sneaking beer lately, specially aluminum cans, bottles?I I'm about to go on a cruise and I was wondering how it has been lately since this threat is a bit almost 10 years old.

Redhawk94, how was your experience, any issues?

Smuggling has gotten harder over the last 10 years, not easier. Beer isn't worth the effort and is too easy to spot. I don't smuggle but if I did I would limit it to a rum runner or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first cruise in the mid '90's on the Jubilee going to the Mex Riviera I carried on my old Navy sea bag that had a case of beer and some Tequila in it . I put it on the security conveyor belt, it went through security with no issue and off to our cabin we went.

Smuggling has gotten harder over the last 10 years, not easier. Beer isn't worth the effort and is too easy to spot. I don't smuggle but if I did I would limit it to a rum runner or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I

I wonder if the y are out of the brig yet? . If they would go to that extreme for beer, what else would they do???? :eek:

You are going through all this for Miller Lite. I thought that you were bringing beer. Miller Lite is not beer. If you are going through all that effort to smuggle beer on board, at least bring some decent tasting real beer.

DON

You're coming for the OPs neck and taste on a post that's almost 10 years old........If I had to guess, they think/thought Miller Lite is decent tasting beer. Obviously they aren't going to waste time bringing on beer they don't like, are you really that dense or do you just think everyone should only like the things you like?