MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Steve ... I am going to hazard a guess here that what you have seen is likely a pre build drawing that someone was able to take a photo of that does not now reflect how the ship will look, unless as you say the deck plan has been changed.

As I said in another post there is no logical reason to have a door where you have the Red line unless access to the Fantastica cabin next to the Aurea one is in a different place, now that I could understand because it would then give the Aurea suite a small vestibule. On current deck plans having the door to the Fantastica cabin elsewhere does not look possible.

The image that we have does not appear to be an photograph of plans, but is likely a scanned image. It could indeed be an image which has since been changed - anything is possible. However, I seriously doubt that the basic layout of the rooms have changed, since the veranda, and exterior slider door seem to coincide with the current build. Unless the location of the bathrooms in the staterooms have changed (which would not make sense), there is little else to change.

The image that we have shows a small vestibule for the last two staterooms. The location of the door for the last Fantastica stateroom is not in a location different than other Fantastica staterooms, other than it is a second door behind a vestibule door. I don't believe there is a dramatic difference between what you are saying, and what is shown on the image. My thoughts for the red line was that it would square off the hallway so people do not inadvertently walk into a dead end (past the aft elevators). Personally, I like the concept, as I have had my fair share of walking down a corridor only to realize that I walked myself into a dead-end. Whether the red-line is part of the current build is moot. At this point, my biggest questions are, (1) Why did the MSC Sales rep provide this to our T/A? and, (2) Why did the MSC Sales rep ask that the image not be shared with the public (outside of our cruise group)?

Steve ... Could well be that the MSC rep should not have had sight of it, MSC are not going to release it themselves and apart from those who have booked with your T.A no one else is likely to ever see it.

I cannot understand or see why it cannot be shared, after all there is really nothing specific on it that needs to be top secret.

sidari ==) Maybe I'm asking too much, but I would really like to see a picture of the starboard side near the aft... I'm trying to see if the cabin 10222 is larger than a regular balcony cabin. According to the deckplans it is, but from the pictures I saw on the internet it doesn't. I'd really like to clarify this. I have advised Fincanteri and MSL already to update their plans.

Anyone know if there has been better images of 10222? We are booked here and I very curious?!?!? Website still shows it as a bigger room?!?!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Seaside, Yacht Club, for May, 2018. It will be our 28th cruise, but the first on MSC. We are really looking forward to it.

Three of those cruises were on Costa. We loved Costa for a lot of reasons, a primary one being that the nightlife is so active and dancing opportunities abound. On the Fascinosa, for example, there would be live music and dancing, simultaneously, in three different venues every evening. It was so nice.

On the Seaside deck plan, I really only see the Haven Lounge as a possibility for dancing. Any speculation as to whether there will be other places? I don’t really even see a disco, but I may be missing things.

Just watched a video by msc boutiques on YouTube of the shops onboard it was another computer generated one but it has now been taken down it had about 395 views when i watched it did anyone else see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just watched a video by msc boutiques on YouTube of the shops onboard it was another computer generated one but it has now been taken down it had about 395 views when i watched it did anyone else see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's still there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafZdf9y3m0

... and thanks for all of your wonderful photos!

Thanks for sharing the link Dr. Cocktail . The shops appear to be very sleek and contemporary in design . Anxious to drop a few dollars in these shops !

I appreciate this thread and wonder if I may pose a silly question . I am seeing two separate buffet areas in two completely different area on the ship (seaside ). Is this correct ? And if so , why two ? Is it to accommodate the overcrowding like on the Divina ? TIA

I am seeing two separate buffet areas in two completely different area on the ship (seaside ). Is this correct ? And if so , why two ? Is it to accommodate the overcrowding like on the Divina?

... to provide access for different public areas of the ship. As an example, if you are at the aft pool, you do not have to go topside.

(Divina) I've been on the Divina twice ... once on a full ship, the other was at near capacity. The buffet was not overcrowded, though people did tend to conglomerate near the entrance. Crowding can be alleviated with more space (square footage), not necessarily multiple locations. :)

The Biscayne bay buffet and pizzeria on deck 16 in the deck plans is called colonial buffet in the written materials on the website and it says that one is targeted to families with children, while the marketplace buffet on deck 8 is for everyone, is my understanding. How or whether they'll enforce those distinctions, or if it will simply end up being a way to better disperse crowds...i don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Just seen the video posted on Facebook.

So msc produce a video showing what an empty shop looks like, meanwhile many people still have no idea what their cabins are going to look like!

Priorities wrong here for me ... :rolleyes:

According to this retweet by MSC Cruises USA the aft pool (Miami Beach pool on Deck 16 shown) can be covered at night and turn into a nightclub. First I've heard of it, but quite possible I missed it if announced before.

On Disney Cruise Line, the midship family pool can be covered with a push of a button to create a large deck space for various activities.

Also on NORWEGIAN EPIC the aft pool in Spice H20 can be covered at the push of a button to become a dance floor for the outdoor nightclub.

I'm guessing something similar for SEASIDE. Two different methods are used on DCL and NCL. On DCL there is a wood deck extension that automatically slides into place over the pool. On NCL, the floor of the aft pool raises up to become flush with the deck creating a nice dance floor.

36361115030_567a56dee8_o.png

Ernie ... I saw a post from MSC some time back that said the Aft lower pool would have a floor that slides across the pool and a possible retractable large screen, maybe that is the area they mean.

Looking at today`s latest onboard pictures I would be amazed if the ship is finished on time ... :o