Easy excursion for the elderly?

julee407

You'll be docking at Mahogany Bay. There a steep incline from the pier tot he shopping center. You can see pictures on this board in several reviews of the port.

There are benches and wheelchairs can navigate up the incline.

I suggest you look into one of Victor Bodden's or Rony's Tours, island tours. Both will work with you to set up an itinerary that suits your desires. They both pick you up outside the gate which is another small hill to climb, but once at the entrance to the shopping area, you can hire a taxi to take you over the hill. Coming back, the tour driver will drop you off at the entrance tot he shopping area. Otherwise, just go and enjoy the beach there. A short walk or you can take a chair lift from the shopping area to the beach.

I second Victor Bodden. I traveled with my mother who has had double knee replacement so she has mobility issues. We did Victor Bodden, Best of Roatan tour, with Calvin and it was lovely. You are in your own air-conditioned van and there is a suggested itinerary, but they will take you around and do whatever you want to do. We visited a local school to bring school supplies, when up to the top of the mountain for the view, then did the monkey business tour, then lunch, and a stop at a beach. But again, you can do whatever you want with them, just tell them and they will quote you a price. Ours was $105 for 2 Adults, 2 Children and that included the admission price to the monkey business.

• 4 weeks later...