Need help for cabin#

lolau79

hello everyone,

This will be our 2nd Azamara cruise.

We have been allocated cabin # 4020 on our next before Christmas Asia cruise on the Azamara Journey. Any of you experienced that cabin? Just want to know if it's noisy or a lot of people going by since it's near medical center / elevators/ anchors? Azamara did send us an offer maybe try to upgrade to Veranda for a fee. Is a balcony a "must" for an Asia cruise? Or should we keep our ocean view cabin? It does'nt seem to be obstructed view... I did read the 25 pages (yes 25 pages) of the post about cabins above, but not a lot about cabin 4020... maybe i missed it, after 10 pages i could'nt read anymore....

Thanks

You can go to the thread and then search the forum to sort for a particular cabin. I did, and this is the only post:

Stayed in 4020 (oceanview room) on Journey in October 2008

Great room, no noise. Opposite medical facility but never heard a thing. Would choose again.

If it's a port intensive cruise I personally would keep the ocean view. We were in an ocean view on d close 4 for a 16 night New Zealand cruise and it was just fine! Spend the difference on chefs tables!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your answer,

I did search the thread, and i find the exact same review you are talking about, i was just hoping for a more recent comment than 2008 . Just wondering if we should keep cabin 4020 or upgrade for a gty veranda instead for our next cruise at the end of 2017? This itinerary for Asia is new for us, as the last cruise we did on Azamara was in the Med in an interior cabin #8018, we liked it, the cabin was find, no noise really but we missed the "light" , the feeling of not knowing if it's day or night since it was always dark did bothered us a little. Just want to know if this cabin have a "noise" issue...

Thank you

If it's a port intensive cruise I personally would keep the ocean view. We were in an ocean view on d close 4 for a 16 night New Zealand cruise and it was just fine! Spend the difference on chefs tables!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you LaurieB

We had an interior cabin last cruise,use the money we saved for Chef's table + 2 ( twice prime C ) and one Night in Private Places( Awesome +++++++) It was wonderful... but we still miss the "light".... just not sure what to do for the next cruise. Just a little stress about the noise issue. And yes, it is port intensive ....:)

Thanks

A balcony cabin can be good on an Asia cruise if it includes Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City. For both of these Azamara goes up the river to town. On our cruise the trip up the Snake river into Ho Chi Minh started early in the morning and because we had a balcony cabin we were able to see all of it. It was fascinating - lots of dense foliage, occasional little boats to start with, then increasing habitation.

The journey up the Chao Praya into Bangkok was later in the day so we saw that from the sun deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed in 4020 2 years ago and I would choose that cabin again in a heartbeat. No noise from medical facility as it's only open a couple of hours late morning and late afternoon. Great location for reception and to nip up to Mosaic for coffee. I prefer deck 4 as it's also convenient for disembarking. Hope that helps.

I agree Deck 4 is a fab location I wouldn't move to a balcony keep the difference to buy onboard extras. You will get much better outside viewing on Deck 5 than on some balconies and you avoid the port was better than starboard debates.

I will take the time to think about it.. but, my original oceanview cabin looks more and more appealing now...

That's " food for thought" ... i'll sleep on it.

Thanks to all of you for your good remarks and suggestions. :cool:

I have mixed feelings. Our Asia cruise was in 2012 from Singapore to Hong Kong with Bangkok and Vietnam included. I will never forget the trips up the Chao Phraya and the Saigon rivers. And then there was Halong Bay...that was early in the morning and it was great to be able to experience that in my PJs. What an eye opener and a congratulatory pat on the back to ourselves for making the choice for a veranda so that we could witness at least one side of it at any time that we were awake without having to go up top. I think that out of all of our few cruises, this one would be the one I'd splurge on the balcony if it happened to be in the budget.

But that was then and now we are booking our first OV on Journey to the British Isles next year. Prices for the balcony were prohibitive (I'm hoping for the LCV upgrade, but happy with what I have) and we weren't sure we'd use it. We're actually curious about the OV and this seemed a good opportunity to give it a test drive.

Hope this helps with your final decision.

I've stayed in the cat 05s numerous times (and other cabins besides) and it's my favourite spot. Very convenient and quiet. I've actually turned down upgrades to balconies and stayed put on deck 4. Better location and I am not necessarily a big balcony user. If you are then that might be a driver. Personally I avoid the cat 04s. Too far forward and under the show lounge. For this reason I avoid an OV GTY. Could end up in an 04 or more probably an 08 obstructed on deck 6.

Phil