Royalton White Sand Resort AI

knots4crewzing

Hi! We are thinking of booking this resort next week. We're arriving via the Allure, in port from 10am-7pm. We are worried there won't be any loungers available since we'll only be arriving at the resort after 11am. Can anyone comment on if this was an issue?

Also, we are 4 adults, no kids, in our 40s & 60s. Is this resort still a good choice given that it's not an Adults Only? We don't mind a few kids around but hoping to be able to find some quiet areas. Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

The Allure is the only ship in Falmouth on May 3rd. So anyone else getting there will be going the same time you are. We're looking at this too for our January oasis cruise. DW heard about this resort from an older couple she met on the Independence last spring. They told her they go there every time. Beats the cruise port. Also, while there'll be children on board, there always are, next week schools around the country are still in session, many prepping for state exams. with every thing else going on in port and other excursions, presence of children shouldn't be that worrisome. Then again it only takes 2 brats to ruin everyone's peace and quiet.:eek:

The Allure is the only ship in Falmouth on May 3rd. So anyone else getting there will be going the same time you are. We're looking at this too for our January oasis cruise. DW heard about this resort from an older couple she met on the Independence last spring. They told her they go there every time. Beats the cruise port. Also, while there'll be children on board, there always are, next week schools around the country are still in session, many prepping for state exams. with every thing else going on in port and other excursions, presence of children shouldn't be that worrisome. Then again it only takes 2 brats to ruin everyone's peace and quiet.:eek:

Great. Thanks for the advice. I think we might go for it. :)

We were there in February 2017. Came in on Allure and arrived at the port around 10:30am. We did pre-book the transportation and had to walk to the courthouse (close by) to get the car. It's a 10 minute ride to the resort.

Arrived, checked in and paid (you can use a CC--not just cash). Walked to the beach and there were no loungers left. We found someone and they brought 2 out for us. An hour or two later many loungers under palapas opened up. So we moved around.

The resort is fabulous. We did the lazy river, waterslides, had ice cream at their little "shop", used the pool, hot tub, etc. VERY nice place. There are games by the pool--I won name that tune. It was fun!

NOTE: the group we booked through said day passes are 9am-5pm. They are actually 9-6. We changed our pickup to 5:45 when we found this out. The martini bar on the lower level opens at 5 so we got to try a martini before leaving. ;p You can use their towels and even exchange them for clean/dry ones while there.

Wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

We were there in February 2017. Came in on Allure and arrived at the port around 10:30am. We did pre-book the transportation and had to walk to the courthouse (close by) to get the car. It's a 10 minute ride to the resort.

Arrived, checked in and paid (you can use a CC--not just cash). Walked to the beach and there were no loungers left. We found someone and they brought 2 out for us. An hour or two later many loungers under palapas opened up. So we moved around.

The resort is fabulous. We did the lazy river, waterslides, had ice cream at their little "shop", used the pool, hot tub, etc. VERY nice place. There are games by the pool--I won name that tune. It was fun!

NOTE: the group we booked through said day passes are 9am-5pm. They are actually 9-6. We changed our pickup to 5:45 when we found this out. The martini bar on the lower level opens at 5 so we got to try a martini before leaving. ;p You can use their towels and even exchange them for clean/dry ones while there.

Wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

Great info! Thank you. I also just read on TripAdvisor that they recently increased the number of loungers. Also, good to know that we don't have lug around the towels from the ship. Thanks for mentioning that. Cheers! :)

• 1 month later...

We were there this week. The place was really nice - exceeded our expectations in every way!

Plenty of loungers, quite a few pools, bars and swim up bars.

They are on central time zone and food doesn't open until 12:30 central. We were in cruise ship Eastern time zone so it was 1:30 our time. We were really hungry by the time they opened for lunch. But the food was fantastic!! Many made to order food stations such as seafood, steak, pasta, burgers, pizza etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We are planning to go in Sept. and will book through shoreexcursioneer. The 99pp includes transportation. Also we will have access to Royalton White Sands and Royalton Blue Waters:)

After reading the positve comments, we have decided to go to RWS instead of Rose Hall.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Royalton White Sands (from a third party tour group) and absolutely loved it.

We had full use of the place (except for a room). We were able to eat in the buffet, all-inclusive drinks, etc. They had water aerobics and other activities that we participated it. I was kind of not looking forward to our Jamaica stop on our cruise (based on what I had read) and it turned out to be our favorite day of all.

We did the Royalton White Sands (from a third party tour group) and absolutely loved it.

We had full use of the place (except for a room). We were able to eat in the buffet, all-inclusive drinks, etc. They had water aerobics and other activities that we participated it. I was kind of not looking forward to our Jamaica stop on our cruise (based on what I had read) and it turned out to be our favorite day of all.

Thanks for the info....can't wait to go next month! We had felt the same way about Jamaica until we discovered the AI's. It's the only way to go if you enjoy the beautiful beaches and pools...and of course all you can eat and drink:cool: We've been Hilton Rose Hall and Jewel Runaway and now we're trying Royalton through a 3rd party also which includes trans. for 99pp.

Happy Cruising!

I looked at shore excursioneer and sent them an email. How was the transportation? Our ship is in port 10am to 7pm. It would be nice to be close. We went royalton White sand about 2 years ago. They were just building water park and Blue hotel.

I looked at shore excursioneer and sent them an email. How was the transportation? Our ship is in port 10am to 7pm. It would be nice to be close. We went royalton White sand about 2 years ago. They were just building water park and Blue hotel.

We will be going to Royalton through shoreexcursioneer in a couple of weeks. We have used this on line site in the past at other places and have had no problems. Please let me know what you hear from your email about transportation. Our directions on our confirmation say to meet 30 min. after ship's arrival at the end of the terminal bldg. and toward the car/bus park.

• 4 weeks later...
Enjoy your day, I will be anxious to hear your review when you return. I will book in the next couple of days.

We just returned from our cruise and thoroughly enjoyed our day at Royalton White Sands/Blue Waters. The beach and pools were beautiful. We had a lot of fun on the waterslides and swimming in the lazy river.There are a lot of places to have lunch. We decided on the buffet for the many choices and enjoyed eating at an outside table. There is also an ice cream venue (other than the ice cream offered in the buffet). We participated in the workout in the pool session and watched the volleyball game between the White Sands' and Blue Waters' guests while we were having some drinks in the swim up bar pool.

I recommend this place, but have only one negative concern: The resort keeps your Driver's License for the duration of your stay and you pick it up at the guard station when leaving. I'm glad we didn't have our passports with us because they asked for those. Maybe we were paranoid, but we really felt uneasy about them having our D/L. Thank goodness we remembered to pick them up!

We just booked through shoreexcursioneer today for our upcoming cruise.

For return to port do we get a choice of when to return or is there a set time?

Thanks in advance. [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that is who we used when we went to Royalton and we had a choice of when to return. The only thing we had to do was coordinate with the other family that had also booked this excursion and was on the van with us. The driver was very accommodating and would have returned to pick us up whenever we wanted, and even offered to stop at a shopping area on the way back if we wanted to (which neither us or the other family did).

I too am considering this. Looks like a similar price if booked through shoreexcursioneer or island marketing, but the transportation options might be different.... can anyone comment on their experience with getting there? Was the pick up spot well defined? Did you have to wait a long time for others? Was there flexibility in when you could return? Let me know how you booked as well if you remember!

And any details on food offerings?