Yokohama station to cruise terminal

qbay46

Hi, i will be doing a cruise next year with Celebrity and was wondering if they run a shuttle bus to and from cruise terminal to Yokohama railway station and pick up to take people to board.If not what is the best way to get to the terminal, we will be a party of four adults and baggage.

Hi, i will be doing a cruise next year with Celebrity and was wondering if they run a shuttle bus to and from cruise terminal to Yokohama railway station and pick up to take people to board.If not what is the best way to get to the terminal, we will be a party of four adults and baggage.

If it is like most ports of embarkation there would be no shuttles.

There is subway system that would take you from the train station to close to the cruise terminal - probably a little over a 5 minute walk from the nearest subway station to the terminal.

But with baggage you will probably be best taking a taxi - unless they have a large taxi will probably need two taxis with 4 people and associated luggage. But it will be a short ride, so should not be too costly.

Larry

Hi qbay, I'm doing a cruise from Yokohama next month and have been looking at this too.

http://www.whatsinport.com/yokohama.htm quotes that 'The new state of the art cruise terminal offers a special free (and dedicated) shuttle bus between the passenger terminal and Yokohama station'

But I can't find any info to confirm this elswhere. Would be grateful for anyone who knows to confirm it on here.

Otherwise I'll let you know in October!

Hi nu2croosing it would be great if you could let us know how you get on with the shuttle from station, i have had know luck finding out if there is a shuttle or not and if there is where you get it from. Thanks

Hi qbay, I'm doing a cruise from Yokohama next month and have been looking at this too.

http://www.whatsinport.com/yokohama.htm quotes that 'The new state of the art cruise terminal offers a special free (and dedicated) shuttle bus between the passenger terminal and Yokohama station'

But I can't find any info to confirm this elswhere. Would be grateful for anyone who knows to confirm it on here.

Otherwise I'll let you know in October!

Yes, the Diamond Princess had a free shuttle INTO the station but the line up was huge. It is a short 10 min walk to the subway station ask any local you see on the street to point you in the correct direction. A short subway ride then you will be at the main train station for Yokohama. But if you have luggage these stations are very busy with people.

If you use a bit of common sense (not so common these days) you can easily move yourselves from Yokohama station to the ship.

Any taxi will take you from Yokohama Station to Osanbashi Pier in about 15 minutes, for about US $10.

You could spend a few hours trying to find a low priced shuttle to the pier.

You could stand in line for 30 minutes to get on that shuttle.

Or you could just jump into the next taxi and get to the ship in a few minutes.

• 11 months later...

Hello cruiseres,

Need important information for train transfer for 3 from narita airport to yokohama harbor. My cruise sails at 8.00pm but my flight will lands at narita 3.30pm.

Do I have enough time for train transfer or not.....!

Taxi cost nearly usd 256 but train will be cheaper.

Any suggestions for 3 travelers with baggages will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
If it is like most ports of embarkation there would be no shuttles.

There is subway system that would take you from the train station to close to the cruise terminal - probably a little over a 5 minute walk from the nearest subway station to the terminal.

But with baggage you will probably be best taking a taxi - unless they have a large taxi will probably need two taxis with 4 people and associated luggage. But it will be a short ride, so should not be too costly.

Larry

We walked whenever we were embarking and with suitcases and in the heat it wasn't nice. Paid for a taxi to Yokohama station on the way off 1800 yen ($18). Well worth the money and super easy to get a taxi. Just off the Diamond Princess on Saturday.

Hi bollywood, i am using a private transfer for my that picks us up at Narita and takes us to our hotel, that might be an easy way of getting to the cruise terminal,the company i am using is TOKYOAIRPORTER, send them an email and give them you details and get a quote