Best VALUE cruises

drsel

Dear experts,

In your opinion, which are the best VALUE for money cruises on the basis of Cost per day

v/s

Included freebies--

1) Quality of entertainment

2) Non stop activities,

3) Complimentary dining,

4) Other included freebies,

5) OBC offered, etc

Thanks!

Best value depends on what YOU are looking for in a cruise

& willing to pay for it

We never look at the per day price we look at the bottom line & what is important to us

Not sure I have seen any cruises that sell by the day you have to factor in the amenities & the intangibles & what works best for YOU

JMO

Dear experts,

In your opinion, which are the best VALUE for money cruises on the basis of Cost per day

v/s

Included freebies--

1) Quality of entertainment

2) Non stop activities,

3) Complimentary dining,

4) Other included freebies,

5) OBC offered, etc

Thanks!

Your question is totally unanswerable.

DON

Agree with the others. "Best" is a totally subjective, personal opinion that is going to be different for everyone you ask. There is not going to be a final, correct answer. For example, I do not wish to be very busy on a cruise...I am there to relax when I wish, as well as be active when I feel like it. I also don't expect the cruise line to entertain me 24/7 with "non-stop activities".

Cost is just one factor in considering "value"- a much more significant factor is enjoyment. I would have to say my lowest cost per day cruise - on Norwegian Gem delivered much less value than my highest cost per day cruise on Prinsendam - which gave the best value.

What do you want - then look for it - of course you need to consider cost, but if you are not getting what you want, almost any "great deal" amounts to over-paying.

What do you want - then look for it - of course you need to consider cost, but if you are not getting what you want, almost any "great deal" amounts to over-paying.

I want the best entertainment, shows and activities. I don't care so much about food, ports and cabin type.

Of course not. An inside guarantee on a transatlantic or re-positioning cruise is the best value.

Again, that is according to you- and based solely what you perceive as important. Those "important items" are totally subjective, and not usually tied to many factual measurements.

I want the best entertainment, shows and activities. I don't care so much about food, ports and cabin type.

Absolutely everything you have mentioned is subjective. No way to answer your question, in my opinion.

Do your research and make your decision, and hopefully you'll be happy with your cruise experience.

Of course not. An inside guarantee on a transatlantic or re-positioning cruise is the best value.

Would not be for me. We never take an inside and extended sea days are not our favorite activity. I think you may be misinterpreting value versus cost/price. certainly a guarantee inside on a repositioning may have the lowest price per day, but that is a good VALUE only if it is going somewhere you want to go.

Stressing entertainment, shows and activities over food, ports and cabin type gives us something to go on: Royal Caribbean and possibly Norwegian seem to fit you a lot better than HAL, Cellebrity or Cunard.

Not sure why you asked the question since you just answered it yourself from your own point of view. If your point was to say what type of cruise and cabin gives you the most days at sea for the cheapest price then you are correct. But your question was about value for the money and not everyone considers the most days at sea per dollar as the appropriate measure of value. If you want to get the most days at sea per dollar, then renting a rowboat and heading out to sea would probably be best!

For us, DW and me, 80's, it's an Aft balcony TA on NCL. NCL is comfy, we don't do shows or other diversions, we bring our own entertainment, such as iPhone with Kindle and Audible apps with plenty of books to read or listen to. The food is of little importance to us. Shore excursions: spent 33 yrs in the airline biz, bin there, etc. We just want to enjoy the ship and balcony. Therefore, if we are measuring bang for bucks, I think we're doing pretty well. YMMV.

Not sure why you asked the question since you just answered it yourself from your own point of view. If your point was to say what type of cruise and cabin gives you the most days at sea for the cheapest price then you are correct. But your question was about value for the money and not everyone considers the most days at sea per dollar as the appropriate measure of value. If you want to get the most days at sea per dollar, then renting a rowboat and heading out to sea would probably be best!

This answer was provided by someone else, not me.

I used it to explain to Don that the question IS answerable.

We shop for value. Price and value to us can be far different animals. Function of ship, itinerary, time, price and what types of land travel we can wrap around the cruise.

We had a fabulous cruise on Carnival. We had a fabulous cruise on Crystal. Two different price points. We no longer judge any of the mass market cruise lines since they are becoming more homogeneous every day. So we skip that and pay attention to the ship.

A TA may represent great value to some because of the lower per diems. Not to us because we don't want that many consecutive sea days. No matter what ship.