Obstructed View cabins on Britannia

janny444

Hi...can anyone say which are the least obstructed balconies on Britannia. Looking at deck planes am I correct in saying that cabins over Java/Glass house...which don't appear to have any lifeboats etc ...are the ones to choose?

Its difficult to choose from the deck plans as the cabins dont exactly line up per the deck plan. We had an obstructed cabin on Deck 6 and according to the deck plan Java would have been below but we had a lifeboat. It didnt bother us but we could not correlate the deck plan to the lifeboat position.

76d7c80f38401f813408096c764bd942.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its difficult to choose from the deck plans as the cabins dont exactly line up per the deck plan. We had an obstructed cabin on Deck 6 and according to the deck plan Java would have been below but we had a lifeboat. It didnt bother us but we could not correlate the deck plan to the lifeboat position.

76d7c80f38401f813408096c764bd942.jpg

Mmmm....interesting....which cabin was the photo taken from?

Not sure but I think that if they don't have a life boat in front of them then they are not classed as obstructed view.

Although I think that of the obstructed ones then some are more obstructed than others.

Some have just the life boat and some have the struts that support them which are a lot higher.

Rick.

Sorry, missed the updates to this thread.

I have to apologise. I got the deck plan the wrong way round when working out where our cabins were (for some reason I never grasped Britannias layout). We were in G508 and G510, no where near Java at all! The pic is from G508 though G510 had the same view. G506 next door however had two huge white metal structure right up to their balcony roof.

We were very happy with the cabins especially as they were the slightly larger ones that have two bedside tables instead of one and a sofa instead of a chair.

We had G417 which was booked as an obstructed view and is right above the Java coffee bar. There is no lifeboat to obstruct your view but what you do get is a few pax looking up from the outside area one deck below where you can sit with a coffee You cannot see the seats from your balcony as the roof of the coffee lounge is in the way. I will have a look at Sues photos to see if there is a shot showing this and will post if I can find one (only about 500 to look through:eek:)

Phil

We had G417 which was booked as an obstructed view and is right above the Java coffee bar. There is no lifeboat to obstruct your view but what you do get is a few pax looking up from the outside area one deck below where you can sit with a coffee You cannot see the seats from your balcony as the roof of the coffee lounge is in the way. I will have a look at Sues photos to see if there is a shot showing this and will post if I can find one (only about 500 to look through:eek:)

Phil

Would like to see the pictures Phil if you can post

Thanks

Jo

Thanks. Its strange they class that as obstructed at all.

Well we were pretty pleased Kevin. When I phoned P&O to book direct our Personal cruise consultant(or whatever they are called, ours changes everytime I call) actually recommended this cabin as he was familiar with it. You see they can have their uses;)

Well we were pretty pleased Kevin. When I phoned P&O to book direct our Personal cruise consultant(or whatever they are called, ours changes everytime I call) actually recommended this cabin as he was familiar with it. You see they can have their uses;)

Well done. Hard to believe P&O would discount a cabin as obstructed when it isnt. Glad you grabbed it.

[ATTACH]358220[/ATTACH]roof of Java just below and nearest life boat to the left Jo

Thanks Phil,

Great view, not bothered about Java, just wanted the view for Fjords.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[ATTACH]358220[/ATTACH]roof of Java just below and nearest life boat to the left Jo

Phil, was it clear of lifeboats to the right of you too? From the picture it looks as if they start 2 down from your cabin looking left.

Thanks

Jo

Sent from my iPad using Forums