PF Grade!!! On Ventura.

c*r*u*I*s*e

We booked a saver cruise ... 31 October 2015 on Ventura, the grade is PF.

Although I know this is forward position-wise, I just wondered if anyone had first hand experience of potential noise, movement in bad weather or just roomsize etc, anything would be useful, first time with P&O.

We are not moaners,whingers,quite the oppersite actually...just like to know what to expect!!

Thank you!!

Steve and Wendy

Hi, I see PF grade cabins could be on several decks. One of them is Riveria Deck. We had a riveria deck cabin on a PF grade and it was fine. Just one level up to the buffet, nice and quiet. There was a gentle sway which I quite liked. One night was a bit rough (but we weren't sick) This year I had a C deck with hardly any movement but it was so noisy I didn't sleep too well. No noise at all on Riveria deck. I also see they can be Lido deck and that can have noise above from the pool. There are also other decks with PF grade so it depends exactly what you get!

I see you have sailed on the Emerald Princess, did you have an inside on that cruise? If yes the cabin will be exactly the same, except for the colour of decor.

We actually prefer to be aft or forward, as opposed to midship, have never suffered from ship movement, but I know that being sensitive to it is a very personal thing. As already said, until you know your exact cabin it's not possible to comment re noise etc. if I was booking saver I would be relieved to find staterooms below and above me. We have only suffered noise issues when we have been next to crew or public space areas.

I see you have sailed on the Emerald Princess, did you have an inside on that cruise? If yes the cabin will be exactly the same, except for the colour of decor.

We actually prefer to be aft or forward, as opposed to midship, have never suffered from ship movement, but I know that being sensitive to it is a very personal thing. As already said, until you know your exact cabin it's not possible to comment re noise etc. if I was booking saver I would be relieved to find staterooms below and above me. We have only suffered noise issues when we have been next to crew or public space areas.

Yes my noise issue was a loud humming - we were near white space on the deck plans, don't know if it was air conditioning or something but disturbed me a lot! (hubby slept through :rolleyes: )

I've had balcony cabin on both Riveria and Lido decks. No noise issue at night, unless I was making it, just crew putting sun loungers out early morning for a few minutes above Lido and people walking above Riveria going to waterside buffet on lido deck above our Riveria cabin.

None of this was enough to bother us significantly, we were on holiday, if we wanted total silence we would have got a tent in the middle of field somewhere

We booked a saver cruise ... 31 October 2015 on Ventura, the grade is PF.

Although I know this is forward position-wise, I just wondered if anyone had first hand experience of potential noise, movement in bad weather or just roomsize etc, anything would be useful, first time with P&O.

We are not moaners,whingers,quite the oppersite actually...just like to know what to expect!!

Thank you!!

Steve and Wendy

I recall being in the vicinity of the Reception Desk on Ventura and a couple were complaining about the noise. Their cabin was forward on P deck; the complaint was that at the crack of dawn they had been awakened by an extremely loud noise that sounded like someone was dragging a chain about on the deck above. The reception team apologised for this and said that they did not think it happen again. I was thinking we are at Guernsey, it's a TENDER PORT and you have not thought the logistics through.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Great replies guys...thank you!!!

I did notice that there were four possible locations for the PF grade... I was just curious as to others experiences.

As has been said,a few noises, bumps,bangs won't affect me to much (maybe the wife).....just like to be prepared that's all.

Steve n Wendy

Great replies guys...thank you!!!

I did notice that there were four possible locations for the PF grade... I was just curious as to others experiences.

As has been said,a few noises, bumps,bangs won't affect me to much (maybe the wife).....just like to be prepared that's all.

Steve n Wendy

Have a fab cruise. We get off Ventura as you get on:(