Do they repeat cruises?

Beachmad

I enjoyed my first P&O trip, 4 nights to Bruges and Amsterdam on the Oriana last week.

A couple of days were taken up with a touch of illness in our party.

So Id like to do the same trip again next year but looking at the cruise itinerary it's not listed, only 2 night trips or nov/dec cruises.

My question is do P&O add trips later in the year to their existing itinerary?

Thanks for any info.

Mag

I have known this, we did a short trip either last year or the year before and I noticed it wasn't listed in the original brochure. I think this is quite unusual though. At the moment the itinerary is only showing until March so I would say that there will almost certainly be several short trips scheduled across the fleet when next years cruises are published in full.

The Oriana cruise you did actually was a late edition! A longer cruise was cancelled on the ship and two shorter ones including yours added instead. I've been looking at Amsterdam cruises myself and most are not in the summer months. They seem to go to Bruges a great deal in the summer but not Amsterdam. If you are not so bothered about Bruges there are overnighters to Amsterdam in April and early October next year. Failing that the 2017 cruises will be announced in March.

Edited by P&O SUE

The Oriana cruise you did actually was a late edition! A longer cruise was cancelled on the ship and two shorter ones including yours added instead. I've been looking at Amsterdam cruises myself and most are not in the summer months. They seem to go to Bruges a great deal in the summer but not Amsterdam. If you are not so bothered about Bruges there are overnighters to Amsterdam in April and early October next year. Failing that the 2017 cruises will be announced in March.

Thats interesting Sue, I wonder what happened, fortuitous for us but not so for those whose trip was cancelled.

We were lucky to get on the ship at all as my dd brought the wrong passport! Her hero fiance drove down from Essex in his van with her passport and we got on the ship at 4.15! Had to check in onboard. Missed the muster which I felt bad about as its so important to do.

The weather was lovely for both stops, just a bit rough going home from Amster.

Not that bothered with Bruges, I wasnt well (sick with anxiety from previous day) and the smell of the drains were apparent in the town. Cut that trip short and back to the ship I went. (No chocolate :()

Florry, did you enjoy the cruise? I did and now that I know how to get around in the 'dam, I want to go again. :) I quite liked the ship too and was hoping to just repeat the cruise again next year lol.

Thanks for the info Florry a bit late in the year for me though.

Thanks Bee-ess I will keep an eye out for that one.

Mag

Some times the ships have a mechanical breakdown requiring repairs. I think what happens next is that they look at the options and pu the ship into port for repair. The subsequent cruise gets cancelled; if it was scheduled for a fortnight then they will estimate the time repairs will take. Then reschedule shorter cruises into the remaining period before reverting back to the long advertised programme. This will possibly give you one or more mini cruises.

Regards John

Some times the ships have a mechanical breakdown requiring repairs. I think what happens next is that they look at the options and pu the ship into port for repair. The subsequent cruise gets cancelled; if it was scheduled for a fortnight then they will estimate the time repairs will take. Then reschedule shorter cruises into the remaining period before reverting back to the long advertised programme. This will possibly give you one or more mini cruises.

Regards John

Ok thanks for the info John, maybe thats what happened this time.

Mag