Canaries Cruise

Alan & Giselle

Hello, I am thinking of booking the Canaries Cruise on the Ventura departing on 2nd January, just so that we can see some sun after Christmas.

Can anybody advise what sort of weather we could expect on this cruise. I have looked at the weather forecasts for that time of year, but they give a broad temperature range.

Thank you.

Hello, I am thinking of booking the Canaries Cruise on the Ventura departing on 2nd January, just so that we can see some sun after Christmas.

Can anybody advise what sort of weather we could expect on this cruise. I have looked at the weather forecasts for that time of year, but they give a broad temperature range.

Thank you.

We're on this cruise. One thing you can say is the weather there will be better than the weather in the UK! :)

The Canary Islands have a sub tropical climate , so there is only about a 5c difference between summer and winter temperatures.

Although the day time temperatures may be good you could have choppy seas at time of year. When we did a Canaries cruise a few years ago my OH was seasick before we had even left the English Channel. I think it was in December.

I have sailed twice on Ventura to the Canary Islands once at Easter and once in July and had lovely weather but went end of October on NCL Spirit 2 years ago and didn't get into the Canary Islands because of choppy seas. Hubby was sea sick for about 5 days, poor thing.:mad:

I'm looking at Britannia 2nd Jan fly cruise to the Caribbean. Been there before but not in January. Has anyone else been then - if so, was the weather good?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

The Canaries themselves should have good weather but bear in mind it will be 3 or 4 days into the cruise before the weather picks up! We went in early June and it wasn't warm until the 3rd day and not really warm until the 4th day which was Maderia.

Thank you.

At risk of stating the obvious, the reason the forecasts give a broad temperature range is because there's a broad range of temperatures which it might be. For an accurate forecast, you need to wait until nearer the time - New Year's Day, perhaps. ;)

I'm looking at Britannia 2nd Jan fly cruise to the Caribbean. Been there before but not in January. Has anyone else been then - if so, was the weather good?

Not been in Jan

Been once in Nov - warm but very wet - not been since before Feb

Been 10 times between middle of Feb and end of March - v. good with odd wet day so tend to stick to this time period. If P&O we pick the last one before the transatlantic home.

The weather will be warm, think 25 to 29 degrees. Rain can occur anytime in that area but usually its brief and heavy. Its a great time to experience the caribbean,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...