Amsterdam Ann franks house

Hello all ☺

Travelling on Ventura February half term next year with a day im Amsterdam. Want to take our girls to the house where Ann Franks stayed but everywhere says getting tickets can be a nightmare and queues on the say horrendous.

Has anyone gone but with the P&0 excursion?

Many thanks

Hello, yes we did the P&O excursion in May this year.

We would thoroughly recommend it.

You get priority entry so your guide goes straight to the front with you, gets your tickets and then in you go.

He also gives you a scenic tour in the coach round parts of Amsterdam and he took us to where the Franks lived before thy entire into hiding.

I wouldn't have done it any other way.

You can buy tickets online but I might take the P&O tour myself as there's plenty of time after for us to enjoy Amsterdam ourselves. The reason I'm put off booking is the last time I tried to get to Amsterdam my cruise was cancelled - about 6 months after I booked it! Also a cruise altered the order of ports recently and that's worried me about booking before we go!

Hello all ☺

Travelling on Ventura February half term next year with a day im Amsterdam. Want to take our girls to the house where Ann Franks stayed but everywhere says getting tickets can be a nightmare and queues on the say horrendous.

Has anyone gone but with the P&0 excursion?

Many thanks

It's easy enough to do yourself, bound to be cheaper than P&O

http://www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/Practical-information/Opening-hours-prices-and-location1/

Hello, yes we did the P&O excursion in May this year.

We would thoroughly recommend it.

You get priority entry so your guide goes straight to the front with you, gets your tickets and then in you go.

He also gives you a scenic tour in the coach round parts of Amsterdam and he took us to where the Franks lived before thy entire into hiding.

I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Hello, did they give you the option of staying in Amsterdam at the end of the tour rather than go back to the ship?

Hello, did they give you the option of staying in Amsterdam at the end of the tour rather than go back to the ship?

Hi we did our own trip, got there early and it worked out fine. The ship trip is a good option if you are worried. On all occasions I have docked at Amsterdam the ship was in walking distance of the city - assuming this is the same for your cruise it won't matter too much if the coach drops you back a the ship.

When I went to Amsterdam in 2009, I did a P&O excursion, we walked through the cruise terminal and onto a glass topped boat for a city canal cruise tour with tea and coffee then went to Anne Franks house... There was a HUGE queue to get in but the tour guide went in, said something in Dutch, and we jumped the queue then after the tour around the house we got back on the canal cruise and went back to the ship...

Amsterdam was lovely, the weather that day helped aswell :)

Hi we did our own trip, got there early and it worked out fine. The ship trip is a good option if you are worried. On all occasions I have docked at Amsterdam the ship was in walking distance of the city - assuming this is the same for your cruise it won't matter too much if the coach drops you back a the ship.

Thank you Florry :)

Hello P&O Sue, no they didn't as we were leaving Amsterdam that afternoon.

We had docked the afternoon before.

Thank you. The cruise I'm probably going to book has a day and a half in Amsterdam so that may be an idea :)

I don't know whether Amsterdam gets switched or missed. It's a big berth so you don't have to tender, that's always a help.

Yes, if you book a P+O trip your money will be refunded if the trip does not run, for whatever reason.

I don't know whether Amsterdam gets switched or missed. It's a big berth so you don't have to tender, that's always a help.

Yes, if you book a P+O trip your money will be refunded if the trip does not run, for whatever reason.

Thanks I will book it via P&O for peace of mind as it's somewhere I want to visit

Do they change the days around alot or even cancel Amsterdam? But if I book the P&0 tour then surely I'd get a refund or have the option to swap it to the other day? A bit worried now 😯

Ports do sometimes get missed if there's very bad weather (Guernsey a well known one) and yes if you've booked with P&O everything will be refunded for you. I don't hear of Amsterdam being missed very often but I was wary because earlier this year there was a cruise to Bruges and Guernsey and quite late they changed the order of the ports! Aurura had a longer re-fit than planned last year so my mini cruise was completely cancelled. I remember thinking I was glad I hadn't yet booked my Anne Frank tickets!

So, like you, because I really want to go I will book the P&O tour for peace of mind.