Press Release: Celebrity to Collaborate with Accenture on their Digital Platforms

Andy

We will see. Accenture is not exactly in the website business. IMO seems the press release Celebrity could have released would be that they were discontinuing their website. That really and truly would be an improvement over the last few years or almost continuous redesigns that often did not work well and sometimes made things even worse.

Understand their information systems platform for accounting and internal use and that should be good. Do we have any sense of timing on when and more importantly what this is going to look like?

They are not a website business by any means but rather understand the importance of brand recognition in the digital world we are currently living in. Most other Cruise Lines have a huge online presence and Celebrity Cruise Lines aims to be one of them with their collaboration with Accenture.

Accenture is very good at what they do, as an employee I know first hand, but cannot speak on the details of the project due to confidentiality reasons.

I'm sorry. We can't answer that now. Please check back in 15 minutes. ;)

Too funny. Just yesterday I tried to check out shore excursions for my reservation and was told it was currently being modified, please check back later. What? Who the hell is modifying my reservation? LOL

• 1 month later...

I did not fully understand the original press release or grasp exactly what they would be doing ...in fulfilling their mission...although someone said it's condfidential...but then why put out a press release about it???

Andy...or anyone, can you explain it in more concrete terms...or find out if there's an update? Is it just all about advertising on the internet or improving Celebrity website and communication...(would be very interested in the latter)

Thanks...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has the website improved yet? Have been trying to look at shore excursions for our cruise in 2 weeks time. Celebrity website is driving me crazy. There are several places on the site where it would seem that you could find the details applicable to your cruise but navigating around seems to randomly log you out and you get a message saying wait 20 minutes! If you do get shore excursion information the chances are that it covers the whole world! Is this 2016 or 1996?? I use the web extensively and have never before encountered this sort of thing. I ended up ringing the UK office who sent me a pdf with all the required info. They suggested that the problem might be the long file. It is only 45 Mb and I downloaded it is seconds.

Has the website improved yet? Have been trying to look at shore excursions for our cruise in 2 weeks time. Celebrity website is driving me crazy. There are several places on the site where it would seem that you could find the details applicable to your cruise but navigating around seems to randomly log you out and you get a message saying wait 20 minutes! If you do get shore excursion information the chances are that it covers the whole world! Is this 2016 or 1996?? I use the web extensively and have never before encountered this sort of thing. I ended up ringing the UK office who sent me a pdf with all the required info. They suggested that the problem might be the long file. It is only 45 Mb and I downloaded it is seconds.

JJ - I have tried re-creating the challenges you cite with several of my booked cruises with X at their site. Unfortunately/fortunately everything worked fine. I was able to go to shore Excursions under Cruise Planner for each sailing and Am able to place them in my shopping cart, without incident. Can I pay for them? Do not know as my intent was to only determine if I had the same challenges as you.

Not sure what to tell you at this point, I Am sure you have checked all possible things like clear cookies, refresh browser etc...

I hope you get it corrected or call X to find out if in fact it is on their side.

bon voyage