Why Does the Mast Grill Have Such Dedicated Followers?

need2cruisesoon

My Wife is Celiac, and as of last Nov, no GF buns. She did have her's 'open face' The GF pizza is outstanding.

Thanks. I'm fine with protein style, so no problem there. And if no dedicated fryer for the fries, all the better for my waistline! [emoji23]

Good to know about the pizza too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am not sure I would use the adjective "great" to describe those burgers. Nor would I describe the beef as "think and juicy". But they are quite tasty.

haha...I was comparing to the thin patties that are stuck together in the freezer section at Sam's Club. The type that your church or job serves at the annual cookout. :D

Gimme one of them MG burgers with double patty on a bun and all the fixin's (I bring my own bread (focaccia) and cheese from the buffet). Then gimme a double order of fries with them grilled onions on top and slathered with steak sauce! I've never had a better burger on any of the four cruise lines we have tried! If that beef was any fresher, it would still be "mooing" and swimming in the ocean. :p

Gimme one of them MG burgers with double patty on a bun and all the fixin's (I bring my own bread (focaccia) and cheese from the buffet). Then gimme a double order of fries with them grilled onions on top and slathered with steak sauce! I've never had a better burger on any of the four cruise lines we have tried! If that beef was any fresher, it would still be "mooing" and swimming in the ocean. :p

So is that fresh beef like the latest version of fresh squeezed OJ? :rolleyes:

So is that fresh beef like the latest version of fresh squeezed OJ? :rolleyes:

When I was relaxing by the pool, I saw someone carting in two boxes of fresh frozen items for the grill. Frozen hockey pucks (burgers) and frozen hot dogs.

The O.J. that was served for breakfast reminded me that that famous drink of astronauts. Tang.

Never eaten there, have at Johnny Rocket's, but not impressed much there either, In fact don't eat hamburgers on a cruise...I just don't cruise to eat something I can have a hundred different ways and more on Sunday at home.:rolleyes: And at the amount of time on the grill I prefer. I loved the Porch though, but hear they've changed it from the paninis, salads and soup we liked there.:(

Who remembers other things at the Mast Grill? I miss the nacho chips and the wings.

I remember tortilla chips loaded with the warm cheese on top. Boneless chicken fingers and onion rings were also available.

I remember tortilla chips loaded with the warm cheese on top. Boneless chicken fingers and onion rings were also available.

Along with everything else, those were the good old days of Celebrity

Start with a greasy burger and add bacon, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, sauerkraut, fresh tomatoes, pickles and lettuce. Then come the condiments on a grilled roll. Add some fries with ketchup, vinegar and salt. Then you order your favorite beverage from the bar. This combo cannot be beat!

Then you suffer a heart attack!

Thanks for that. Maybe we need to be more insistent on our next trip to ensure the veggie burger remains veggie. Out of interest is it a vegetable based burger, bean type or soya based? Always wanting to find more options for the OH who doesn't get the same dining experience as I do,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The burger I had on the Eclipse this past December was soy based and quite tasty, as these things go. It did require a bit of a wait, at least 15 minutes. I'll be on the Equinox in November and will be happy to update on their veggie burgers!

The burger I had on the Eclipse this past December was soy based and quite tasty, as these things go. It did require a bit of a wait, at least 15 minutes. I'll be on the Equinox in November and will be happy to update on their veggie burgers!

Thanks for that. Were they good with ensuring it didn't touch a meat area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a burger a couple of cruises ago.

It wasn't a success. For one thing it was barely warm (I have noted what you say). Then I went back inside to my husband and dropped half my chips juggling to rub the sanitizer into my hands:D

However, I had one of the best burgers ever one lunchtime in the MDR the last cruise on Silhouette.

Thanks for that. Were they good with ensuring it didn't touch a meat area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were, at least for the period of time we were there and can vouch for! We didn't see any cross contamination issues. I feel fairly confident they are mindful of concerns and try to use best practices.

Everyday I'd pass by at lunch and the same crowds people chowing on burgers and hot dogs....these people love this place.

Has it developed a cult following?

Had the cheeseburger and was delicious by the way.

Solstice Mast Grill (6/3 sailing).

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

The burgers & hot dogs are purchased from Sysco/US Foods. We use them on some of our cook outs. They are good, but the detail is in cooking them right!

One of the keys is going back in to the buffet and getting the steak cut fries, and finding gravy at one of the carving stations. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Add the Cheese Curds & we'll have Poutine!

For those who miss the chips and cheese, go inside to the Mexican food area of the buffet. I top my burger (bun-less) with guacamole.

As I said in my earlier post, we do love the MG as a great contrast. But since Luminae, the best burger on the ship is there. With the brioche bun. Which I also ask to be left off. As good as it is, carbs.

I've never put American cheese (food) on my burger or anything else. Fresh sliced sharp cheddar or something else. Ever try brie on a burger? Or Havarti - with some thinly sliced granny smith apple?

Mmmm.