Informal M&G Solstice small group

grammyprf

It depends on your circumstances. As suggested, the Sky Lounge is great but if you're meeting between 5-7 pm, you could be shut out by the Elite happy hour. At other times, even if there's a class or game going on, you can usually find a corner. The exception is the afternoon Elite reception that will happen mid-day on a sea day.

If you're in a warm weather area and meeting for sail away, the Oceanview Bar is fun. You can also claim a corner of the Oceanview Buffet. If you're gathering at a less busy time, the Ensemble Lounge or the Passport Bar can be fairly quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where is a good place to meet for a small informal m&g on the Solstice? Thanks

If there are only 10 or so of you suggestions already given are ideal although on our last Solstice cruise there were some serious chess players so the card/games area could be out!

If you are a significantly bigger group a quiet word with Customer Services may be useful as they know which venues are busy/quiet and at what times.

Alternatively if you are a small group and one of you has a suite room that may be big enough...butlers will provide simple snacks and soft drinks too.

The wine bar called "Vines" I think, its across from the Martini Bar is NEVER busy during the day, nice intimate area with great seating to chat. Its the perfect meeting place, in fact its where the CC meet and greet is held at 10 45 the 1st sea day usually....

I think this is the place...no Vines? We only have six signed up. :( Thanks for your suggestions. Good to know. :)

The wine bar called "Vines" I think, its across from the Martini Bar is NEVER busy during the day, nice intimate area with great seating to chat. Its the perfect meeting place, in fact its where the CC meet and greet is held at 10 45 the 1st sea day usually....
Edited by grammyprf

Solstice going to Alaska....Sky lounge may work around 10am on first seaday. :)

First seaday around 10.00 am is normally CC Meet and Greet followed by Trivia.

Suggest as soon as you get on board go the Guest relations and ask for Event co ordinator. He/she should be able to find you a room. There are two rooms alongside the sky lounge on the port side that I have used in the past for a private gathering

Edited by Beanb41