Summit Sky Suite: 6145/46 or 6131/32

dkny330

Considering a Sky Suite for the first time. Have seen lots of posts about all these rooms as being the best. Seems like the 6145/46 share the same furnishings as the Penthouse Suite, but the 6131/32 have larger balconies as they are angled out?

Is the location of 6131/32 by the elevator noisy at all? Anything else we should consider in selecting one of these rooms?

Considering a Sky Suite for the first time. Have seen lots of posts about all these rooms as being the best. Seems like the 6145/46 share the same furnishings as the Penthouse Suite, but the 6131/32 have larger balconies as they are angled out?

Is the location of 6131/32 by the elevator noisy at all? Anything else we should consider in selecting one of these rooms?

We loved 6146 - bathroom is huge, including two sinks, tub and walk in shower, the balcony has two loungers plus a large table and two chairs. There is an awning type cover which works well.

Furnishings are extremely tasteful.

Our butler "Paul" was the best we have ever had (I understand the Penthouse suites get the most experienced ones and of course being the "extra" bedroom attached to the PH you get a senior butler as well.

Our only complaint was the piano next door - I am sure under normal circumstances you would not hear it but, we had children in the PH and I think they played it when bored (sounded like a player piano). The suite has an iPod dock so we simply put on our own music the couple of times we heard it.

Will book again, if we are lucky enough to have the chance.

6145/6146 are much nicer suites and they have a large balcony. To me, it would be no contest.

6145/6146 are much nicer suites and they have a large balcony. To me, it would be no contest.

While I agree on the layout and great bathroom, I have stayed in both Sky Suites and prefer 6131/2. There was no noise from the elevator, and it is hit or miss on noise from the penthouse. The connecting door has about an 1 1/2 inch space under it. We have had to put a towel under the door to block out the noise. Then again, quiet people in the Penthouse will pose no problem to the Sky Suite guests.

While I agree on the layout and great bathroom, I have stayed in both Sky Suites and prefer 6131/2. There was no noise from the elevator, and it is hit or miss on noise from the penthouse. The connecting door has about an 1 1/2 inch space under it. We have had to put a towel under the door to block out the noise. Then again, quiet people in the Penthouse will pose no problem to the Sky Suite guests.

Is wind an issue on the balconies of 6131/2 when the ship is underway?

Have also stayed in both. 6131/32 is a great location right by the elevators and no noise. But I liked 6145 better. The balcony is certainly large enough and more private.

The angled balcony on 6131/6132 is not private at all. You are very visible to all the balconies above the life boats.

I agree about Paul, one of the best.

• 3 years later...

I had 6132 and it was fine. I didn't notice any elevator noise and the balcony was fantastic although odd shaped. Also, just know with that balcony, you are on full display to the other cabins as it jets out so privacy is pretty limited if that is a concern of yours. If it isn't, go for it. It's great.

Thanks. Question about Michael's club. I do not drink alcoholic beverages and neither does my nephew who is accompanying me(he is 16 btw). Does Michale's serve alcohol all the time?? What about soda and water beverages for him and me??? I can't find this answer anywhere.

Hi Healingbuddy!

The beauty about Michael's is they will serve you whatever you want. If you want a standard soda they will provide or if you ask them for a non-alcoholic cocktail they will sort that too...you will be well looked after!

Have a great cruise!

Hi Healingbuddy!

The beauty about Michael's is they will serve you whatever you want. If you want a standard soda they will provide or if you ask them for a non-alcoholic cocktail they will sort that too...you will be well looked after!

Have a great cruise!

OH. Thanks. So I do not need then to purchase a soda and/or water package for me and my nephew then???????

,,So, Keveneer,

So I have a question for you as MIchael's club is now included in Sky Suite bookings. Can I get sodas and water there all the time so I don't need the soda and/or water package??? ANd my sister and family will be in sky suite 6146--how do I make arrangements for the 5 of us to eat together in Luminae??? Is that the butler's job???? Also, I took the $1100 senior and NJ resident discount instead of paying the extra money for the 4 perks which I didn't think was worth it as I don't drink alcohol, and never use the internet on the boat. I literally saved $600 by doing this as gratuities and OBC came out to $500 approximately. Did I do the right thing or should I have taken the go, big, better, best offer??? Your take. Thanks for your awesome help and expertise.

Butler can do it, but for that I just let the Luminae manager know each day what time we would be coming in, or if we were eating elsewhere.

Package is a hard call. For me it is a no brainer as I love good wine, and a cocktail or two before dinner and the coffee drinks, soda, bottled water and to a lesser extent the Previously fresh squeezed, frozen OJ (don't ask). If you do not drink, and are saving that much, I would agree that you made a good call.

You will enjoy Luminae! Remember you can order some items from the MDR menu if what is on the Luminae menu is not to your liking. We ordered Escargot from the MDR most nights, and one night DW and I shared an appetizer sampler of 1 of each of the Luminae appetizers. They will try to please any way they can.

Ken

Yes, you can get soda and water at all times in Michael's Club. If you want to stock your refrigerator, they will give you a bunch. Our butler actually kept our refrigerator stocked. Depends on the butler. And we were in the penthouse that time.

In my view, you have no need of a drinks package if you have access to Michael's Club.

OH. Thanks. So I do not need then to purchase a soda and/or water package for me and my nephew then???????

Well you have to do the numbers. How much will you be drinking during the day? If more than three or so - then purchase the package. Michael's Club beverages are only for when you're there. But if you want a Coke at lunch somewhere you either have a package or you pay for it.

Get the cost of the package you're interested in and figure out what you think you'd have on a typical day. That'll tell you whether it's more cost-effective for you to have a package or pay per item.

Yes, you can get soda and water at all times in Michael's Club. If you want to stock your refrigerator, they will give you a bunch. Our butler actually kept our refrigerator stocked. Depends on the butler. And we were in the penthouse that time.

In my view, you have no need of a drinks package if you have access to Michael's Club.

If you're in a Celebrity Suite or Sky Suite that doesn't happen. You get beverage package in Penthouse and Royal (and Signature and Reflection suites) and that's why the butler will do that. But you can't get "a bunch" in the lower suites. They way you get "a bunch" of cokes and waters is get them one at a time in your package or purchase and bring them there yourself.

Thanks. I'm thinking of just getting the soda package for my nephew so he can drink at the pool and in the theater. And for me as I don't drink alcohol--just bring up some water from Michael's club or fill my water bottle and head out. Does that sound right to you or do both of us need to have the same beverage package in the same room?