Luggage Tags Arrived!

Nashna

Last March I had a very frustrating time getting Celebrity luggage tags mailed to me. Eventually, I did get them after a direct call to Celebrity. On Monday, I thought I would try to request them for our August cruise. The site did not acknowledge my request and I assumed that issues still occurred with the luggage tag program. Imagine my surprise when the tags arrived in the mail 5 days later! Good job, Celebrity!

Last March I had a very frustrating time getting Celebrity luggage tags mailed to me. Eventually, I did get them after a direct call to Celebrity. On Monday, I thought I would try to request them for our August cruise. The site did not acknowledge my request and I assumed that issues still occurred with the luggage tag program. Imagine my surprise when the tags arrived in the mail 5 days later! Good job, Celebrity!

A great start to a great upcoming cruise. Enjoy !!

My home made paper ones fell off one of our bags on a cruise a few years ago. That piece of luggage didn't arrive in my stateroom until after 5pm. That's why I really do like getting the sturdy ones via mail.

Good to hear. Last year they had a terrible time with the luggage tag requests.

Jim

That is why I posted. When Celebrity improves a service, we need to acknowledge the service.

In January for a Silhouette B2B, I requested luggage tags. Received them when we arrived home. Had great cruises.:D Printed our own tags, and covered them with transparent tape. Used small staple to tape bottom.

Edited by Cancruz

Cruise guests should not be required to create their own luggage tags.

We have never been required to create our own luggage tags for any cruise.

Luggage tags have always been provided when we check our luggage in at the pier.

Yes, even in the UK.

Edited by varoo

Luggage tags have always been provided when we check our luggage in at the pier.

Yes, even in the UK.

You are correct. You will be provided with luggage tags at the pier, but in the olden days when Celebrity sent you a beautiful booklet containing all your cruise information, they included separate luggage tags too. Now you print off your own E-booklet and if you want to, can print off luggage tags from that.

In the USA, they still get luggage tags through Celebrity delivered to them.

You are correct. You will be provided with luggage tags at the pier, but in the olden days when Celebrity sent you a beautiful booklet containing all your cruise information, they included separate luggage tags too. Now you print off your own E-booklet and if you want to, can print off luggage tags from that.

In the USA, they still get luggage tags through Celebrity delivered to them.

Another UK customer who misses receiving the tags! We have bought the plastic holders ready for next time and last time laminated our own...

It isn't the tags, it is what they represented.....they dropped onto the door mat and you knew your holiday was imminent!

Yes, even in the UK.

Correct. I never order or print luggage tags. Much easier to get them from the porters at the pier.

My home made paper ones fell off one of our bags on a cruise a few years ago. That piece of luggage didn't arrive in my stateroom until after 5pm. That's why I really do like getting the sturdy ones via mail.

There was a you tube video on how to protect your luggage tags. He covered them with clear

I followed last year and it worked fine.

Also this year I printed up an extra to place in the pocket of my luggage.

And yes you can get them at the port, it's just easier to have it done already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruise guests should not be required to create their own luggage tags.

:D Sure. And we shouldn't have to print out our own documents. Things have changed over the years. ;) and luggage tags are a minute issue.

We put copies INSIDE the suitcases too. So being able to print them is a plus for us.

And yes you can get them at the port, it's just easier to have it done already.

Easier how? I've done it both ways but have never had an issue with the porters tagging the bags with the ones they carry. They're sturdier than homemade tags made of pieces of paper, for sure. It has taken zero extra time.

Edited by bEwAbG

......It isn't the tags, it is what they represented.....they dropped onto the door mat and you knew your holiday was imminent!

Our credit card statement does that for us.

When we see that final payment show up, we know our holiday is imminent. :D

Getting out the suitcases and starting to pack does it as well.

Just think, if cruise lines had never started offering to mail out luggage tags in the first place, we would not have all these entertaining threads with people complaining about not receiving them.

We don't see any message board forums with people complaining about not getting their luggage tags for airline flights mailed to them in advance. ;)

I can't believe there is so much conversation about luggage tags.

Thank you for sharing your disbelief. I would have thought that by now you would have realized that the rest of the world is not as wise or experienced as you are & not be shocked by our small minded & unintelligent conversation.

On another note, mine did arrive by mail. It seems they are different than my understanding from this Board. Our tags are like airline bag check tags - a thin strip of paper with adhesive that wraps around the handle. No Amazon or CC holders required.

........On another note, mine did arrive by mail. It seems they are different than my understanding from this Board. Our tags are like airline bag check tags - a thin strip of paper with adhesive that wraps around the handle. No Amazon or CC holders required.

That has always been the case. No holders are ever necessary.

Some people just like to use holders, their personal choice, so that is likely the cause of the misunderstanding.

It is the same way that some people prefer to print their own luggage tags instead of using the ones that are provided.

No holders are needed for the luggage tags provided at the pier or for the luggage tags that are mailed out.

You simply slip the tag through a handle of the suitcase,

peel off a small piece of paper at one end to expose a small section (a few inches) of the adhesive backing,

and press the two ends together.

If someone is unable or unwilling to do that, a porter will do it for you.

Often the porters are so fast that they grab the bags and start attaching luggage tags for us even though we are very willing and able to do it ourselves. :D

Edited by varoo