4th of July sale?

bsg_19

They usually have a promotion for major holidays including 4th of July. Sometimes the also offer a low deposit sale.

Over time I have seen that they often raise the prices and then offer the incentives. It is good to track both prices and benefit offering value.

So I can now report that THERE IS a firecracker sale being offered by a web based travel agency that is offering the go best package in addition to very competitive cabin rates. We just booked a Celebrity14 day Asian cruise in Feb and got all the go Best perks free! I had to cancel my other reservation at no charge because my TA couldn't come close to matching the offer. Saving $1200 on a two week cruise is like getting the airfare free!

Be careful of these weekly TA sales- I checked that web based TA giving the 2 freebies instead of 1 for our April 2018, 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver on the Solstice. We already have a 1B booked with the drink package- their cost for a 1B with 2 perks was $520 more per person then we got 1 month ago from our TA. Not sure if $1040 more is worth it for free gratuities.:(

I agree you have to look at the whole picture. One cruise site offering the firecracker sale had our cabin $50 pp less, 2 choices vs 1 and an additional $250 OBC vs $225 at the other agency. BIG negative is the firecracker site charges a $50 pp cancellation fee. So if you find a price reduction or change something or cancel it'll cost you. No TA is perfect for everyone. Know all the details before you book.

So I can now report that THERE IS a firecracker sale being offered by a web based travel agency that is offering the go best package in addition to very competitive cabin rates. We just booked a Celebrity14 day Asian cruise in Feb and got all the go Best perks free! I had to cancel my other reservation at no charge because my TA couldn't come close to matching the offer. Saving $1200 on a two week cruise is like getting the airfare free!

I booked under this sale today. Seems a very good deal if we get all that was advertised.

I booked under this sale today. Seems a very good deal if we get all that was advertised.

FWIW, I use that agency and always get what's advertised. They ran the same sale over Memorial Day and we got all the perks and extras, no problem at all.

FWIW, I use that agency and always get what's advertised. They ran the same sale over Memorial Day and we got all the perks and extras, no problem at all.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. This is my first time using them

I agree you have to look at the whole picture. One cruise site offering the firecracker sale had our cabin $50 pp less, 2 choices vs 1 and an additional $250 OBC vs $225 at the other agency. BIG negative is the firecracker site charges a $50 pp cancellation fee. So if you find a price reduction or change something or cancel it'll cost you. No TA is perfect for everyone. Know all the details before you book.

You must be looking at a different firecracker sale than me, or a cruise that isn't included in it.

Dec. 9, 20016 10 day Caribbean on Equinox $1,399 (plus tax and fees) for a balcony guarantee. Included premium drink package, $300 obc, prepaid gratuities, and unlimited internet for two devices. ALSO an extra $150 from the travel agency which is fully refundable( $100 for booking and $50 loyalty bonus).The exact same package from Celebrity is $1849 (plus the same taxes and fees) with no extra obc. It'll be tough finding a price reduction, on Celebrity's web site, of more than $450 which is the difference in total value.

Yes, they charge a cancellation fee but I've used them at least 15 times and have never been charged anything for changing cabins or anything else. These are the details for my trip and past experiences.

Grandgeezer, yes my cruise is in 2018 so I didn't get all 4 amenities only 2 plus OBC. I booked with the firecracker agency and have other cruises booked with them also. Never paid a fee to change rooms but did to change category(OV to Balcony) and for a price reduction. Also last year had to cancel a cruise and paid the $50 pp cancellation fee too. Looks like we've had different experiences regarding their cancellation/change fee. My point is to be aware of all terms and conditions. I booked knowing full well that if I change plans it'll cost me. On this cruise I'm willing to take the chance. On another without all the amenities maybe not.

Grandgeezer, yes my cruise is in 2018 so I didn't get all 4 amenities only 2 plus OBC. I booked with the firecracker agency and have other cruises booked with them also. Never paid a fee to change rooms but did to change category(OV to Balcony) and for a price reduction. Also last year had to cancel a cruise and paid the $50 pp cancellation fee too. Looks like we've had different experiences regarding their cancellation/change fee. My point is to be aware of all terms and conditions. I booked knowing full well that if I change plans it'll cost me. On this cruise I'm willing to take the chance. On another without all the amenities maybe not.

Looks like you are in the know and on top of things. Maybe as you cruise gets closer, you'll be able to find a better deal.

I seen the firecracker sale from online agency.read reviews online and I know need to be taken with a grain of salt. Many bad reviews but some good ones to.

I guess I personally am leary of booking with anyone except directly thru cruise line.if there's an issue you have to try to get ahold of the online agency..on a Sunday?

Cancellation fee really doesn't bother me we usually have everything figured out before except for unforeseen circumstances..

I seen the firecracker sale from online agency.read reviews online and I know need to be taken with a grain of salt. Many bad reviews but some good ones to.

I guess I personally am leary of booking with anyone except directly thru cruise line.if there's an issue you have to try to get ahold of the online agency..on a Sunday?

Cancellation fee really doesn't bother me we usually have everything figured out before except for unforeseen circumstances..

I don't ever book with the cruise line but I know what you mean about stepping into the unknown with someone you haven't used before. I will say my perks are awesome. We booked just a balcony and we got all 4 perks including the premium package and an extra $100 obc from the agency giving me a total of $400. I just noticed my one category upgrade price wasn't reflected on the invoice and it was fixed within 5 minutes by email. I'm happy so far

I found the firecracker sale website difficult to use. I can't figure out what perks are offered for a June 2017 sailing,. In some places it looks like two and on the next click it looks like three.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I found the firecracker sale website difficult to use. I can't figure out what perks are offered for a June 2017 sailing,. In some places it looks like two and on the next click it looks like three.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The way I read it is you should get three, classic drink package, prepaid gratuities, and $300 once. If you book by Friday, you should get an $100 obc from them. It should be refundable which means if you don't spend it, it'll be credited back to your credit card on file. Call them if you have any questions. They are really busy so have some pactience

Thanks for response one of the perks is Internet. For us the Internet is useless. I would never go on a cruise and sit on a iPad or laptop. Too much other fun stuff to do. So for me that's no perk. But understand some people like it. Maybe worth a call to them. I already have the room booked with Celebrity so sounds like a person would need a transfer form...

Thanks for response one of the perks is Internet. For us the Internet is useless. I would never go on a cruise and sit on a iPad or laptop. Too much other fun stuff to do. So for me that's no perk. But understand some people like it. Maybe worth a call to them. I already have the room booked with Celebrity so sounds like a person would need a transfer form...

That was a perk I didn't really care about either. Premium package, OBC and tips were the incentive. You can transfer if the cruise was booked less than 60 days ago

Zoedoky, It looks like the firecracker sale for a June 2017 cruise will included your choice of 2 amenities. I chose the classic beverage package and the $300 OBC. I also got an additional OBC of $250. ($100 for firecracker and an additional $150. It says gratuities OR $300 not AND $300 so that's why only the 2. You might get a better deal but that is what I received. I think it can be confusing that is why I always call to be sure especially considering their cancellation policy. Circumstances can change when booking a year or more in advance. Just make sure everything that is promised is listed on the confirmation.

You must be looking at a different firecracker sale than me, or a cruise that isn't included in it.

Dec. 9, 20016 10 day Caribbean on Equinox $1,399 (plus tax and fees) for a balcony guarantee. Included premium drink package, $300 obc, prepaid gratuities, and unlimited internet for two devices. ALSO an extra $150 from the travel agency which is fully refundable( $100 for booking and $50 loyalty bonus).The exact same package from Celebrity is $1849 (plus the same taxes and fees) with no extra obc. It'll be tough finding a price reduction, on Celebrity's web site, of more than $450 which is the difference in total value.

Yes, they charge a cancellation fee but I've used them at least 15 times and have never been charged anything for changing cabins or anything else. These are the details for my trip and past experiences.

Grandgeezer: do you know if your experience if that $300OBC is refundable? I am thinking that it is not if it comes from Celebrity but the way I understood from the TA it comes from them. I am just curious. Thanks

Grandgeezer: do you know if your experience if that $300OBC is refundable? I am thinking that it is not if it comes from Celebrity but the way I understood from the TA it comes from them. I am just curious. Thanks

I didn't think to ask, I just assumed that it is nonrefundable as it is called the "Best" package. I'll have to call and double check that. Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't think to ask, I just assumed that it is nonrefundable as it is called the "Best" package. I'll have to call and double check that. Thanks for the heads up.

Let me know what you find out. I didn't ask because just like you, I assumed it was NR but when I read the agreement (I am a bit apprehensive booking with this TA since I have never done it and the 10 Equinox deal is too good that I was checking every single word) I just noticed it was worded differently than other amenities.