Why Does the Mast Grill Have Such Dedicated Followers?

need2cruisesoon

Everyday I'd pass by at lunch and the same crowds people chowing on burgers and hot dogs....these people love this place.

Has it developed a cult following?

Had the cheeseburger and was delicious by the way.

Solstice Mast Grill (6/3 sailing).

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

Hint: Experienced "mast grill followers" know that you should ask for your hamburger directly from the grill....not from the bin of greasy, already cooked burgers.

French fries are good if they haven't been sitting there long.

It is a great place for lunch and if it's a nice day, it's a great place to have the boarding lunch, away from the crowds who flock to the buffet.

Start with a greasy burger and add bacon, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, sauerkraut, fresh tomatoes, pickles and lettuce. Then come the condiments on a grilled roll. Add some fries with ketchup, vinegar and salt. Then you order your favorite beverage from the bar. This combo cannot be beat!

The pictures from the Mast Grill look inviting. I will be sure to stop by for a burger or two when I am on the Solstice in a couple of weeks. I know my DH will be there more then me.

need2cruisesoon, on a side note, thank you for all of the pictures and insights you have been posting about the Solstice. I will be having my first cruise on her. All of your pictures have been delightful. They are helping to build the excitement as my cruise date is approaching.

Hmm, out of 10 or 11 Celebrity cruise I might have been there once or twice. We generally don't eat between meals though. I'm sure it's good though. Love a good burger or hot dog.

A fresh double cheeseburger, and fresh fries, it doesn't get any better than that. Do they have a buffet for lunch??

Yes, the buffet is inside and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hint: Experienced "mast grill followers" know that you should ask for your hamburger directly from the grill....not from the bin of greasy, already cooked burgers.

French fries are good if they haven't been sitting there long.

It is a great place for lunch and if it's a nice day, it's a great place to have the boarding lunch, away from the crowds who flock to the buffet.

That's what we did but they weren't even ready for us at 11:30. :mad:

Will have to give it another try on the next cruise.

It was said in jest. My wife goes to the buffet and I hit the Mast Grill then we sit together and wash it down with a couple of cold ones.

Oh........thought you were really asking about the buffet. Guess I missed

the jest part.

I REALLY like great burgers. Prefer mine Med Rare. I always have at least one burger per cruise. The problem... I have never had a great burger. Even when I asked for one directly off the grill. Watching, I would ask for one that was properly cooked for me. However they are required to cook them too long. All I got was well done or longer. At least it was hot and fresh. :)

Their fresh fries are very good though.

The burgers at the Mast Grill are REALLY good. I limit myself to ONE burger per cruise to keep the calories under control.

TIP: Although you may have to wait a bit longer, going around lunch time is the best for freshly made burgers guaranteed to be hot and yummmmmmmmmy.

Start with a greasy burger and add bacon, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, sauerkraut, fresh tomatoes, pickles and lettuce. Then come the condiments on a grilled roll. Add some fries with ketchup, vinegar and salt. Then you order your favorite beverage from the bar. This combo cannot be beat!

You forgot the cheese!! :p

Often a lunch for me. But Celebrity Pizza has also improved in the past few years, so this is also a great junk option. Have been known to get a burger at the grill and take it into the Lido and add a slice of pizza.

Hank

We go a few times per cruise, particularly if we're coming back from a later excursion.

I get mine bun-less and then head inside for some guacamole on top with the yummy caramelized onions and mushrooms.

I think what makes the Mast Grill so popular is it's a nice contrast from the rich food that is served at dinner. We eat pretty simple for breakfast and lunch and avoid the pastries and carbs for at least two meals.