Traditional vs anytime dining

clr315

Hubby and I always have done anytime dining. We prefer to sit just the two of us at dinner time but are traveling with two others on next cruise. First can you get traditional dining with a table of four only? Also we always have prepaid gratuities with anytime is this still a necessity? We will have on board credit to use and might want to apply it towards the gratuities once on board?

Of course you can....with Anytime dining, simply show up as a "group" of 4 and that's how you'll be seated.

If you aren't required to prepay grats, then the OBC can be used as a credit against any charges on your account.

Hubby and I always have done anytime dining. We prefer to sit just the two of us at dinner time but are traveling with two others on next cruise. First can you get traditional dining with a table of four only? Also we always have prepaid gratuities with anytime is this still a necessity? We will have on board credit to use and might want to apply it towards the gratuities once on board?

If you prefer traditional dining, that should be no problem. We were on Eclipse in March with another couple and requested traditional dining at the same time every night because DH has to control his sugar levels. There was no problem getting a table for 4 from the first day, in fact, after I spoke to Customer Relations (by phone several weeks before sailing) our table assignment confirmation was in our stateroom when we boarded. Gratuities are paid any way you want them and you can handle that on board at customer relations at any time during the cruise.

You may request a table for four with either traditional or select dining (Celebrity's term for anytime dining).

So pick whichever you prefer.

It is your choice whether or not to prepay gratuities either way as well.

Yes, you may use onboard credit to pay the gratuities.

If you prefer traditional dining, that should be no problem. We were on Eclipse in March with another couple and requested traditional dining at the same time every night because DH has to control his sugar levels. There was no problem getting a table for 4 from the first day, in fact, after I spoke to Customer Relations (by phone several weeks before sailing) our table assignment confirmation was in our stateroom when we boarded. Gratuities are paid any way you want them and you can handle that on board at customer relations at any time during the cruise.

By definition, traditional dining is always at the same time. You do not have to request it.

DON

When you book traditional you can choose your table size along with early or late seating.

When you board, you will find your table number on your shipboard card. Around 2:00 the maitre d will meet with cruisers wanting to check the table map and assignment. The specific meeting time and place will normally be on the daily info sheet..also in your room.

By definition, traditional dining is always at the same time. You do not have to request it.

DON

What I had to request was traditional early dining...and it wasn't until I called X that it was guaranteed for 6:15.

My husband and I have traveled with my senior parents on many cruises. We always ask for a table for 4 at late traditional dinning and have never had a problem. Celebrity has lots of tables for 4.
They easily push tables for 2 together to make a table for 4 (or more), or vice versa, as needed.

They do that often in select dining, where table configuration requirements may change even from hour to hour on the same night.

Many of the tables for two are only inches apart, making it easy to push them together or separate them.

They easily push tables for 2 together to make a table for 4 (or more), or vice versa, as needed.

They do that often in select dining, where table configuration requirements may change even from hour to hour on the same night.

Many of the tables for two are only inches apart, making it easy to push them together or separate them.

On our first trip with X on the Infinity we had early dining in the MDR and were at a table for 2. We started talking to the couple sitting next to us and since they spoke French and I speak French we spent a lovely dinner chatting. Next night our husbands pushed the two tables together so we didn't have to lean over to talk....no body said a word BUT the next night and every night thereafter our table was set for four...nobody asked it was just done. That's why I keep coming back to Celebrity....their quiet attention to details. :D

Should be fine. If you have any issues, ten switch to traditional dining. See the Maître D.