Voyage in Review DVD - $34.99 Is it Worth It?

need2cruisesoon

Just did the Solstice cruise early June and saw many ship photographers around the ship taking casual still and video of guests and crew.

Perhaps the purpose was to produce the Voyage in review DVD?

Just wondering if anybody has purchased and if you thought it was a good representation of your cruise?

Is this package offered on all X cruises?

DSC02491.jpg

When we saw that we we 'on screen' during filming by videopgrapher a few times during our cruise we bought the dvd.

Nice memory and chance to let other non-cruisers among relatives see what life's like on board. My mother saw and said that I'd gained weight!

They used to play the video in photog area so you can 'preview' a lot of it to see if interested. GOOD LUCK

It has been offered on every X cruise we have ever taken.

We never get it -- just not our thing.

We were slightly tempted for our first couple of cruises, but never after that.

We take our own pictures of whatever we want.

On the ship, they usually play the voyage in review video in a loop on a screen in the camera/photo area of the ship and keep adding to it each day.

I would suggest that you go and watch it on the ship sometime close to the end of your cruise to see if it is something you really want before deciding.

I think that people who are new to cruising, or who cruise infrequently, are more likely to buy it than those who cruise regularly (unless perhaps there is a lot of footage of their grandchildren on it). ;)

Just like your Super 8 films of your first child's first birthday. Who is going to watch it with you?

Now... If you follow the camera crew around to get into every scene possible and the crew goes on every excursion you take and you dance the night away at every theme party... then go ahead and spend the cash.

We were tempted on our dirt cruise but not since. It's a hash up of various footage, not all of it is from your own actual sailing. You may be lucky and 'star' in the video, but you may not. To me it would be something you might watch once and never again. There's plenty of you tube clips out there if you wanted to show cruising Celebrity off to friends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

One other thought re DVD. The only one we bought was from 2001 and we knew we were in several scenes about the ship.

Now and in the future it will be interesting flashback to (and fond? memories of) a past generation of ships. So future archival value(?) when you watch it 40 years from now. Of course, for 50%(?) of couples it will show former boy/girl friends or ex-spouses.:eek: And those hair styles! HAPPY CRUISING

We've bought several, but don't think we'll buy another one. For our first cruise to Hawaii the DVD was filled with events that took place on our cruise, both on ship and off, along with stock footage of the ship and other information. Good DVD and fun to watch.

On our Alaska cruise last summer the DVD had very little footage from our actual cruise. Several of the shore excursion pieces showed beautiful sun when the actual weather was overcast and rainy. Videos of shipboard events we attended were nothing like what actually took place. Et cetera.

It seems to be hit or miss depending on the sailing, weather,and the photo studio staff. Because of this, we're probably done with buying the DVD for future cruises.

We have never bought one, but did win one on board Eclipse. If you are a person who takes lots of ship's excursions or joins in party type activities you may liike it. We do not fall into either of those categories so it really had no interest for us.

Sheila

We were on the Eclipse Baltics sailing last summer. We didn't buy one and I kinda regret it.

One Saturday afternoon my husband and I sat down and watched our DVD from a Princess Panama Canal trip in 2009. We really enjoyed it. It made me sad I didn't get one from our Eclipse cruise. It's too bad they don't offer past cruise DVD's -- it wouldn't be that hard to duplicate them on demand.

JoAnn

A few years back on a TA on the Connie the British Navy sent a helicopter to pick up an ill passenger. It was very dramatic as it was very windy and difficult to land. They kept having to circle the ship.

They were also showing it on the TV as it was happening.

The last evening we asked at the photo shop if it was going to be on the video. He left to ask someone and come back and said yes.

Well it wasn't and we spent $50.00 for mostly stock footage.

We suspect they just wanted to sell us the video.

Now we take our own videos with our phones. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app