Royalton White Sand Resort AI

knots4crewzing

We went for the day when we cruised the Allure in the beginning of December. It was awesome. We have said we would book this place for a week stay it was so nice.

Bill

Thanks so much. Food and drinks good too?:D

Also how did you get there? I was thinking of taking a taxi by the port not through their co. Do you remember how much the fare was?

Thx again for your help

Liz:)

Thanks so much. Food and drinks good too?:D

Also how did you get there? I was thinking of taking a taxi by the port not through their co. Do you remember how much the fare was?

Thx again for your help

There was a pretty big buffet where we ate at. The dining room was very nice too. We had no complaints about the food or the drinks. The bar opened at 10am.

We took they taxi they arranged for us for $20 for up to 4 people.

They gave us the drivers name and where to meet him which was in front of the courthouse. It was a short 5 minute walk.

We were not harassed outside the gate. Many drivers clamoring for our business but when we told them we had a taxi in front of the courthouse waiting for us they just said OK. Nothing close to being harassed.

We did water slides, lazy river, went in the ocean, the pool and drank. Crammed a lot into the 6 hours we were there.:)

Bill

Thanks again for your help. I always like to try and do new things. But i like to hear feed back if you know what i mean.

I did book with them and they did send me an email confirmation with our drivers name. I was just going to take a taxi within the gates but since they sent me the drivers name i guess we'll go with that.

Is the courthouse nearby? Do we walk past where all the buses and tours meet? I know there's a gate with guards. do we go through that area?

Not sure where this is located.:confused: That's the only thing i'm hesitant about.

Thank you again~~~sorry for all the questions.

Thanks again for your help. I always like to try and do new things. But i like to hear feed back if you know what i mean.

I did book with them and they did send me an email confirmation with our drivers name. I was just going to take a taxi within the gates but since they sent me the drivers name i guess we'll go with that.

Is the courthouse nearby? Do we walk past where all the buses and tours meet? I know there's a gate with guards. do we go through that area?

Not sure where this is located.:confused: That's the only thing i'm hesitant about.

Thank you again~~~sorry for all the questions.

We just went out of the gated area and kept walking straight past the taxis. There was a guard or security guy a little ways away and we asked him where the courthouse was. We walked about another 2 minutes towards the courthouse and before we could approach anybody our driver asked our names and we were off.

Probably 5 minute walk total. i don't think the excursions were outside the gated area but we found it very easily.

We had Trevor Hudlin as our driver. He was a very nice man and gave us a mini tour of the island on the way to Royalton which seemed like about a 15 minute ride.

Hope you have as good a day as we did.:)

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

We just went out of the gated area and kept walking straight past the taxis. There was a guard or security guy a little ways away and we asked him where the courthouse was. We walked about another 2 minutes towards the courthouse and before we could approach anybody our driver asked our names and we were off.

Probably 5 minute walk total. i don't think the excursions were outside the gated area but we found it very easily.

We had Trevor Hudlin as our driver. He was a very nice man and gave us a mini tour of the island on the way to Royalton which seemed like about a 15 minute ride.

Hope you have as good a day as we did.:)

Thank you:) i'm sure we'll have an awesome time. The resort looks beautiful. With a lot to do. Can't wait!

Just wish we were going now.

we also have Trevor Hudlin as our driver:)

I really appreciate all your help. Thanks again

Liz,

You are very welcome. I hope I have helped put you more at ease.

We felt the same way you did when we went but it turned out great.:)

Bill

Thank You so much Bill:) I am sure it will be a great day! Just wish we were sailing now LOL

You have definitely put my mind at ease.

Thx again for all your help

Hi. We're in Mo Bay for a day from a cruise in 2 weeks time. We would like to visit the Royalton in Falmouth for the day as its where we had our honeymoon (years ago!). Also we don't want to pay our cruise co's extortionate prices. Any idea how I can get a price for a reliable taxi to and from the Royalton from Montego Bay and also what the Royalton charge day visitors? thanks

Hi. We're in Mo Bay for a day from a cruise in 2 weeks time. We would like to visit the Royalton in Falmouth for the day as its where we had our honeymoon (years ago!). Also we don't want to pay our cruise co's extortionate prices. Any idea how I can get a price for a reliable taxi to and from the Royalton from Montego Bay and also what the Royalton charge day visitors? thanks

we paid $98 pp to get in to Royalton. I have no idea how much a taxi is as i don't know how far the pier in MB is from the Royalton either.

You may want to contact the driver we had as he does tours and stuff. He is a very nice man and when we told him we were coming back to Whitehouse jamaica in May he said to look him up as he could take us on a tour.

He was also our taxi driver for the day when we went to Royalton. His website is jamaicashoreexcursion.com and his email is : trevorhudlincruisetours@gmail.com

Hope you can figure out a way to visit Royalton.:)

Bill

Thanks Bill. We got a quote from Trevor for $150 all in for taxi and day pass for 2 of us. Seems very cheap, but I have it in writing! :)

That does sound very cheap as we paid $98pp for the resort and $20 each way to and from the resort and we docked in falmouth.

Sounds more like a pp price but if thats what he quoted you in writing you should be good to go.

Have a great day there. We loved it.

Bill

After reading that others were getting Royalton prices at $98pp and $150 per couple I contacted Trevor yesterday.

Trevor quoted me $110pp for the pass and $10pp taxi fare for a group of 4 out of Falmouth. Trevor commented that the $150pp price would be the cost of a tour of the Montego Bay area.

I think we will continue to look at other options

After reading that others were getting Royalton prices at $98pp and $150 per couple I contacted Trevor yesterday.

Trevor quoted me $110pp for the pass and $10pp taxi fare for a group of 4 out of Falmouth. Trevor commented that the $150pp price would be the cost of a tour of the Montego Bay area.

I think we will continue to look at other options

Why not just book with island marketing if you really want to go there?

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Apparently Trevor and I got our wires crossed with the quote! It was indeed an extra $110 pp on top of the $100 for the transport from Mo Bay (and $50 for 2 tours of Rose Hall) so we decided to leave it. We'll hang around Doctors Cave beach instead, chilling. We've done all the usual Dunns River Martha Brae etc on a previous holiday so its fine, and we might come back on a full holiday in the future :)

Apparently Trevor and I got our wires crossed with the quote! It was indeed an extra $110 pp on top of the $100 for the transport from Mo Bay (and $50 for 2 tours of Rose Hall) so we decided to leave it. We'll hang around Doctors Cave beach instead, chilling. We've done all the usual Dunns River Martha Brae etc on a previous holiday so its fine, and we might come back on a full holiday in the future :)

Yeah that sounded to good a price.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Royalton White Sands was awesome. We did the prearranged taxi too and met in front of the courthouse. 10 minute ride to the resort. glad we did it that way as there was quite a line in the port gates to get a taxi.

Note: Allure docked at 10:30 and was set to depart at 7. So we set up the 11am pickup and though the documents from Island Marketing said 1) you had to pay the balance using a credit card and 2) day pass was 9-5, it turned out we could pay cash and also the day pass ends at 6pm. Note that when arranging your ride back to the ship.

We were a little annoyed that when we arrived and finally got to the beach, there were no loungers available. Some more were brought out when we asked. After wandering, swimming, having a little lunch at the beach bar buffet, other loungers opened up and we moved around a bit. The water was great. I liked the self-serve soft ice cream bar. We did a few water slides and also the lazy river. The pools are huge. Even won a bottle of rum at a name that tune contest held at the pool! FUN!

Very nice resort and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Why not just book with island marketing if you really want to go there?

Bill

I don't see this tour on their website. I see Ocho Rio Resort Ai and I see Montego Bay Resort AI.

I didn't see any others. am I on the right place? I googled Island Marketing and it took me to Carribean Shore Tours/Island Marketing Ltd.

Let me know we are sailing in June. Thanks

Hi! We are thinking of booking this resort next week. We're arriving via the Allure, in port from 10am-7pm. We are worried there won't be any loungers available since we'll only be arriving at the resort after 11am. Can anyone comment on if this was an issue?

Also, we are 4 adults, no kids, in our 40s & 60s. Is this resort still a good choice given that it's not an Adults Only? We don't mind a few kids around but hoping to be able to find some quiet areas. Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated. :)