world cruise 2019

Fayecruises

I was fortunate to be able to go on the QM2 for the entire 2016 world cruise. I knew before that they were arriving in Haifa (Israel) on a Saturday and Passover and that everything is closed I told everyone I knew in Cunard and no one addressed it. So now I am seeing the itinerary for the 2019 world cruise They are also arriving in Israel on a Sat. If anyone is interested in doing this fantastic sailing, they should pester Cunard to change the dates.

EDITQUOTE

yes they did we went to Masada and others went to Jerusalem and other sites. But these excursions are expensive and they last about 10 or more hours. I had been to Israel three other times and wanted to see my best friend But she did not have a car and we could not take the train to Tel Aviv.

I did the Haifa to Jerusalem excursion in 2014 and it was long and fairly expensive. We did have a fantastic tour guide and happened to be their on the Israeli Holocaust Remembrance Day. He made sure we were able to see a special ceremony at Latrun. Long but unforgettable day.

Back to the reason I asked about excursions. As long as Cunard (or any cruise line for that matter) can sell excursions they will probably be less likely to change the port date just because it is a Saturday. JMHO.

• 2 months later...