Costa Non Customer Service

moonglum

After a bad cruise a couple of years ago Costa gave me a credit note for a couple of hundred pounds. I still had the letter but had misplaced the note so with the intention of booking two cruises with them I emailed their Customer Service Dept and asked if they could replace the credit note. After 8 days with no reply I sent a second email to which they promptly told me that the note had recently expired and they would not replace it.

Sorry Costa that's 2 future cruises you will not get from me and probably never again. What would it have taken to have replaced the note as geture of good will to a regular customer?

So because of a bad cruise Costa, out of goodwill, give you a credit for a considerable sum. You loose the credit note, request information Costa, who have records of this action and inform you that the credit note has expired.

So where is Costa at fault and why should they replace the credit note?

I don't see this as Costa Non Custome Service, you got a credit note but did not follow the T&C. Why should they extend it?

It is your responsibility to check the credit note and either make use of it within the valid time frame or let it lapse (which you did).

Goodwill is fine, but no credit notes are not valid forever.

I wouldn't use the term "regular customer" to describe this situation.

LOL, an Irregular customer maybe - you were luke-warm about Costa already based on your posts. And there are many other cruise lines to avail yourselves of.

Wow, Naughty naughty Costa fancy them not honouring that outdated credit note after all it was only a couple of years old.

Now I won't even have the pleasure of meeting you on board any of Costas ships, guess I won't sleep much tonight now.