Walk from Warwick Long Bay to HSB?

KweezyCruiser

I used to have a great marked up map of the walk from Warwick (?) to Horseshoe Bay provided by a wonderful cc'er. Does anybody have it?

For anyone interested, it's a nice easy hike. You can take the bus from the Dockyard past Horseshoe, then take this pretty walk back.

Just did this walk this past week. I asked a beach shuttle driver if he would drop as at Warwick Long Bay Beach instead of Horseshoe. He was willing, but for $9/person instead of $7/person. There were 4 of us, so I'm not sure if we wound up better off price-wise than in a cab? But at least we knew the total before we started, and our driver was super nice. We were dropped at the end of Warwick Longbay that is closest to Jobson's Cove. We spent a long time in the water in Warwick Long Bay (my crazy older teen climbed that huge rock in the middle! He did have the common sense not to jump/dive from it and managed to scramble back down) and snorkeling/chasing a parrot fish around Jobson's Cove. So we didn't have as much time for the walk as I had originally imagined. We kept to the wide path that was further from the beaches as it seemed to be more clear cut which way to head. We soon came to a parking lot (with bathrooms!) and passed through that and found the path again. Before long, we were at Horseshoe Bay. It probably only took us 20 minutes. I had imagined a much longer walk. My 70-year-old dad was with us, and I wanted to make sure he could complete the walk, so we didn't take the time to explore the higher paths which would have afforded the better views. Will do that next time and will also stop to swim at Chaplin and Stonehole Bay. And the litle coves on the west and east sides of Horseshoe Bay.

Just did this walk this past week. I asked a beach shuttle driver if he would drop as at Warwick Long Bay Beach instead of Horseshoe. He was willing, but for $9/person instead of $7/person. There were 4 of us, so I'm not sure if we wound up better off price-wise than in a cab? But at least we knew the total before we started, and our driver was super nice. We were dropped at the end of Warwick Longbay that is closest to Jobson's Cove. We spent a long time in the water in Warwick Long Bay (my crazy older teen climbed that huge rock in the middle! He did have the common sense not to jump/dive from it and managed to scramble back down) and snorkeling/chasing a parrot fish around Jobson's Cove. So we didn't have as much time for the walk as I had originally imagined. We kept to the wide path that was further from the beaches as it seemed to be more clear cut which way to head. We soon came to a parking lot (with bathrooms!) and passed through that and found the path again. Before long, we were at Horseshoe Bay. It probably only took us 20 minutes. I had imagined a much longer walk. My 70-year-old dad was with us, and I wanted to make sure he could complete the walk, so we didn't take the time to explore the higher paths which would have afforded the better views. Will do that next time and will also stop to swim at Chaplin and Stonehole Bay. And the litle coves on the west and east sides of Horseshoe Bay.

This info made my day! Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This info made my day! Thank you so much!

Mine too!

I was hoping my parents could make this trip with us but my mom has some walking difficulties. Was it soft sand? Or compacted a bit? And tell me about the bathrooms? I thought Warwick only had non flushing latrines & Horseshoe had full facilities. Nothing in between?

I was all the way on the west end of Warwick (closest to Jobson's cove), and there were no faciliites. Not sure what was on the other side of the beach. The walk from the parking lot (where we were dropped off) through the sand to near the water was fairly short. My dad also didn't prefer walking in the soft sand. It was soft/not compacted until we got past Jobson's cove, and then the trail became much more compacted and easier. She would have to be able to make it a little bit on the soft sand, and then the walk became easier. My dad and my boys stopped at the bathroom facilities in the parking lot (that we came across about 5 minutes after leaving Jobson's cove). I'm not sure if they were flushing toilets or just latrine style. I will ask them.

I would post photos, but I no longer know how (Photobucked took away the ability to host 3rd party photos for free.)

Trying to see if I can use Shutterfly as a host site. If this works--the first photo that shows the sand at Warwick. The second shows the soft sand between Warwick and Jobson's Cove. The third shows the path becoming more compacted after passing Jobson's.

enhanceenhanceenhanceAnd yes--in the first photo, that is the rock my crazy child scaled--in bare feet!